“Excellent Middle Eastern Food”
Review of Dawali Mediterranean Kitchen - CLOSED

Dawali Mediterranean Kitchen
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Greek, Israeli
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Middle Eastern Food”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

•One of the Best Middle Eastern Retaurants in the Area
•EXCELLENT Lamb Bread Pies & Falafel. Shawerma Was Some of the Best I've Tried As Well.
•Free Parking in Private Lot (a privilege in Chicago-45 min limit), Close to Kimball Brown Line, Close to: North Park University & Northeastern IL University.
•South of Foster, North of Lawrence, on NorthEast Side of Kedzie & Ainslie
•Casual/Walk-In Dining

Visited September 2013

Chicago, IL
“tasty middle eastern food, good price”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is not far from the Kedzie Brown line stop. The food here is good! This is the type of place to come with a group and sample a little bit of everything. It is not terribly fancy but it is sit down. The service is good and friendly but really come for the food! Everything tastes very fresh, you won't be disappointed. I've pretty much enjoyed the whole menu at one time or another. BYOB.

• Visited April 2013
Brasilia
“An excellent option for a mediterranean meal”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My daughter took us here while we were in Chicago and it was so good that we went back again and tried some other dishes. All orders are cooked on order and the bread was almost too hot to handle. The dishes are well served and can be shared, especially after an appetizer. I can't really give any suggestion as to the best dish because all of the ones we ordered were excellent.

• Visited March 2013
chicago
“Love the Halsted St Location”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I live close to the 1625 N Halsted St location. Most of the restaurants in this area are overpriced due to the location near the Steppenwolf and Royal George Theaters (or maybe its the closeness to Alinea...) but this is the exception.

You can get a lentil soup and lamb shish kebab sandwich for sub-$10. I love that meal. The lamb meat is flavorful and the garlic sauce that comes on the side is always licked clean when no one's watching.

I've heard others like the bread pies here, but honestly I've never been a big fan, and I've ordered most of them. The cheese and lamb seemed a bit dry to me, and the spinach was only a little better for me.

I did really enjoy the Knafeh dessert, but its definitely made to share. Made with haloumi, filo, carrots and syrup it was delicious.

It is BYO

• Visited January 2013
Chicago
“Incredible food”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had a groupon and decided to go here, parking is a pain in this area, so public transport is the way to go. It has a decent interior space with high ceilings. As we started ordering food, we realized how delicious it was. Everything was extremely fresh and really tasty. Seriously one of the best Mediterranean foods I have tasted in a long time.
The staff is nice, the owner was nice enough to walk around and ask. people if things were fine. Overall a really good experience.

• Visited April 2012