“Excelent value for the price, Great location.”
Review of Central Loop Hotel

Central Loop Hotel
Ranked #92 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
New London, Wisconsin
“Excelent value for the price, Great location.”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Rooms are a little on the small side but very well stocked and clean. Got a great deal on a booking website. The staff was friendly and professional, I would be happy to stay here again. The central location is an easy walk to the Sears Tower, or a short cab ride to the museums/aquarium/football field. You get a discounted rate at a nearby parking garage, which would have been great if our driver had not misplaced his validated ticket.

Room Tip: I got a corner room on the 6th floor and the views were great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Fond du Lac
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here recently for a weekend of museum and shopping fun. When I booked the room, I indicated I had four in my party and would need to have two beds. We had the largest room and it had a queen bed and a pull out sofa that slept one at best. The sofa bed was thin and worn out (I could feel every bar beneath me), luckily me youngest son is small so, he could fit with me but overall it was very uncomfortable. Do not book if you need to sleep more than three! Also, they do not allow cots in the rooms with a pull out sofa due to fire code.

The room otherwise was small yet clean, staff was friendly and the refillable water bottle station was convenient. The quick walk from Union Station made it easy to get to, however when I inquired about a Saturday morning breakfast option I was sent to a Corner Bakery that was closed on the weekends. Staff may want to educate themselves more on the hours of close eateries.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WiBusyM0m
Millington, Michigan
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Well, they did it again. After a stay at this hotel back in August and the absolutely fabulous service from Erin Loughlin, I kept my promise of never staying anywhere else when I visit Chicago. And, because I love the great city of Chicago, I had to go back. This time, I had no question where my lodging would be as I trekked to and fro across the city streets. I LOVE the personal service. I have told so many people about my great experiences and I hope they choose to patronize this great hotel, too. Like Arnold Schwarzenegger said, "I'll be back!"

• Stayed January 2013
Raleigh
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights this summer for tourism. It was fairly quiet and clean. Our double bed room was no frills ...basic but clean. As to be expected, the room is on the small side. Beds were comfy and bathroom was gleaming. staff was attentive and friendly. Convenient location in Chicago's loop. The Monroe and Jackson L stations are close by. The Chicago institute of Art, Willis Tower, and Adams st. are all within comfortable walking distance. It's about a 10 minute walk to Millennium park and the Magnificent Mile is a little farther... if the weather is nice though, totally doable. There are free water bottles you can fill up that was the icing on the cake. Fill one up and stick it in the backpack before you head out to explore Chi town. It took a little while to get the hang of the elevator but it's cake. They share the building with another hotel called Club Quarters so remember which elevators are yours. Spacious office center to print boarding passes or check your email. I highly reccomend the Elephant and Castle downstairs for breakfast or a drink later. Would stay here again without giving it a second thought.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tailsock
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 16, 2013

If your looking for a Great Hotel near Union Station this might be the right choice. Straight down Adams street to Clark and your there. This information is for the person looking for a nice / affordable accomodation within walking distance to the train station. There is one other Hotel located between Central Loop Hotel and Union Station, but the other Hotel was much more than twice the price (at least when I was looking). Stayed in Room #914 - corner room, street views, windows on two walls, small kitchenette.
Room is somewhat small, but very well organized and efficient, and has everything one should expect. Very clean, comfortable and extremely quite (note; we were there Thanksgiving weekend and all rooms were sold out). Only mention this because, we did not hear anyone else, no doors closing etc..Would definately recommend this Hotel to anyone traveling to Chicago.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SoulRebel68
Moscow
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I very much liked hotel. The arrangement - is better be not to thinking up. The subway (a direct branch from the airport) is simply in three minutes, five minutes and you near Art Institute of Chicago.Magnificent Mile is nex to and lake Michigan too.I adore Chicago, is ready to come back here again and again and, of course, I will choose this hotel for the following visit to Chicago

Room Tip: in hotel it is possible to use washing machines free of charge
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Natalisha
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had a last minute cancellation to my boss's reservation due to the storms in the North East. We made the reservation through Expedia, and it was a same-day cancellation, so I thought we were doomed for sure in terms of getting a refund. But everyone I spoke with was very kind and helpful, from the reservations agent to the front desk agent to the Manager, Ryan.

We got a full refund, because we'd been flattened by Hurricane Sandy and then the nor'easter and were unable to travel. I know this was a one-time kind of thing, but I so appreciated their willingness to take our circumstances into account when making their decision. My boss was really impressed and we'll definitely be staying there in future!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business