“Yummy chicago dog” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Portillo's

Portillo's
Ranked #57 of 9,466 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Kansas City
“Yummy chicago dog”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

This was a perfect place to grab lunch. The Chicago dog was awesome. The service was great. The line moved quickly. What more do you need in a hot dog place. Go! You'll be glad.

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Chicago style hotdog”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I loved going to Portillos when I was visiting my hometown and I make a trip to Chicago. The atmosphere of the restaurants are all different depending on which ones that you visit. The Chicago style hotdog is fantastic and they have crinkle cut fries which brings back memories of grade school lunches. I no longer have to dream about the next time I can go to Portillos in Chicago however because they built 2 in Phoenix AZ where I currently live.

• Visited October 2013
Ozark, Arkansas
“Must Have ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Portillos Hot Dogs is a must have every time I visit the Chicago area. The only problem is that I can't decide on the Hot Dog or the Italian Beef sandwich so I usually have to eat there twice on every trip.

“Great Chicago Dog & Beef Sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Portillos was an experience in itself. It is a little confusing with 2 restaurants in one and a little like a cafeteria style line. I do not know how they keep the orders straight. It is reasonably priced. The beef sandwiches are excellent. The Chicago dog was good you must get one here while in Chicago.
It took us 30 minutes to find a table but we found a table and got our food about the same time, so it worked out perfect. We would go back again and again while in the area.

Visited December 2013
South Bend, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great stop while in Chicago”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stopped by Portillo's for Italian Beefs to go. Before going, we checked out the online menu and thought we had prepared well to order. However, the ordering process was still a bit confusing but the staff was very helpful and quick.

The interior had an interesting appearance similar to a food court. There were different windows for ordering different types of food (Beef, Salads, Drinks, etc.) and a lot of tables to choose once you placed and received your order.

The food was amazing and far exceeded my expectations. I am really glad we stopped here before leaving Chicago and hope to be back soon.

• Visited January 2014