“Good Dogs”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had the chili dogs and the cheese fries which were great fries and a small cup of cheese to dip the fries in. The wiener was very tasty along with the chili. We had the chocolate cake which we had heard was very good but we found to be dry. The decor was very nice and great atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Portillo's

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Portillos was recommended to me as a must to experience a local food tradition. I tried one hot dog - Chicago style, and then felt I should try another (a chili dog), just to complete the experience! It was great fun listening to the numbers being called out - each with a little poetic rhyme. Service was fast and efficient. I was surprised to see that the menu also included burgers, pizza, and salads. For me, this was good lunch option. When I exited, there was a line of cars down the block in the drive-thru lane. There isn't a better review then people waiting inside and out!

1  Thank James M
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a local gem. If you are in Chicago you must come to Portillo's. Make sure to get the Chicago style dog and also the Italian beef. I came back to Portillo's twice! It is that good. If you come here for dinner there will be a bit of a wait, but it is totally worth it. The onion rings and fries are also tasty.

1  Thank The_Exec_Backpacker
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Portillo's is your taste of America and especially Chicago's street food tradition!! We had a XL Italian beef sandwich and a double cheeseburgers, plus cheesy fries and drinks. Everything was great, very tasty. The staff is exceptional, very friendly and professional. The layout is very nice and the location is also very convenient.
Great value for money!! Definitely a must go!!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Don't be scared by the confusing lines and crowds--the hotdogs are truly amazing! I wish we had one on the east coast!