“The Neighborhood Restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Portillo's

Portillo's
Ranked #57 of 9,466 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Evergreen Park, Illinois
“The Neighborhood Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I love how they cook the food, they grilled polishes and hamburger on a big grill, thier french fries are delicous, also I loved the fact it is right in my neighborhood.

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
virginia
“Good food, good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Within 2 hours of being in Chicago I went to Portillos. First I had the original hot dog with all the trimmings. I actually like it better than I thought I would. Then I knew I had to get the Italian Beef I've heard so much about. It was a pretty good, messy sandwich.

I love the ambience in there & liked how the worker made a jingle with every order number called out. Quick service too & plenty of seating even though they were busy. I would definitely go again!

Mount Zion, Illinois
“Classic Chicago Hot Dog Joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Each choice I have ever chosen, I've never been disappointed. I try something different almost every time. And depending on if you get a "veteran" crew, they will be yelling and hollering for fun calling out customers names for orders.

Visited August 2012
“Home style with flair”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We go here every year with a large group of family members just before new year's day. I understand that they have a number of locations. We go the location near Barrington IL. This is an incredibly interesting place to me. You have an assortment of 50's memorabilia and decor. The menu consists of a blend of american fast food items and italian. This isn't gourmet food, but it is all fresh, clean and delicious. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely reccomend this for any family.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Required of any proper Chicago Trip - Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

We were at Willis Tower(fantastic) and I did a good search from our location for Chicago Hot Dog. Portillo's was first on the list, so we went. It was January 1st, 2013. Portillos should be a mecca for anyone looking to experience a great chicago hot dog or ribs. We were greeted at the front of the line by a man who wrote the order on our bag. We took the bag to the registers, paid, and they filled our order in the same bag. We picked it up at the window when they called our number - Extremely efficient! The hot dog was delicious - i'm craving one now - just writing about it! we got 2 hotdogs, a large fry, and a large coke, and it only cost us $9.00. Fantastic! We wished that we had eaten there for our New Years Eve dinner, instead of going to a fancy restaurant near Millenium Park.

Visited January 2013