“Awesome for Singles/Romantic, Not good with kid(s)”
Review of Hotel Felix

Hotel Felix
Ranked #115 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago, IL
“Awesome for Singles/Romantic, Not good with kid(s)”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We just went in town for the weekend with our 5 yr old. Good thing I checked the reviews. The room is very very small, typical of old Chicago downtown hotel. It was so small that they have no rollaway as there's no room at all to put it. There's no sofa either. We were lucky that I thought to bring a child air mattress just in case. And we barely have room to lay that at the end of bed. The location is okay. Close to Emilio for Tapas! Room is clean, modern and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Stayed here for the Labour Day long weekend. The location is fairly good - not on Michigan Ave - but a few blocks walk from. It is nicely located near the Water Tower and on a quiet street.
Bonus was having Whole Foods practically across the street for quick and cheap breakfasts on our way out each morning before exploring the city.
We had two rooms, one was very very small, the other was quite large. I believe the larger rooms are along the length of the hotel - while the smaller rooms are on the "ends". But very clean rooms and comfy beds. For the price (got on Priceline) very reasonable and highly recommended.
The hotel staff at the front desk were helpful - though it took several requests to get extra linens and pillows.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank wheresheroams
Creve Coeur, Missouri
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I got it via Pticeline, and it was offered as a 4 star hotel, in the "magnificent mile".. Well, it is half a mile from the Magnificent, and it is an OK 3 star hotel. Clean, with very kind staff, it offers miniature rooms, smaller than a 2 star European Hotel. Free Wi-Fi, charged 42 bucks per night to park my car (more than I have paid at the Drake earlier in 2010). Feel deceived by Priceline, who apparently books a large number of rooms...offering it as a 4 star hotel in the "magnificent".

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Letsgoblues1
Cleveland
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Just completed a stay at his hotel. The other reviewers were right - the hotel rooms were absoluely tiny. We booked this through priceline (130/night), and I would have been annoyed to get this room especially if I had paid full price.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful - especially the doormen. The location was safe and convenient (to North Mich Ave). There was no bathtub - so bathing the kids was a big challenge. Adding a crib to the room made things even more cramped. Also the free internet at the hotel was incredibly slow.

We mainly ate at kid friendly restaurants such as Foodlife and Portillo's nearby. The staff recommended 'Yolk' for breakfast - which was excellent.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel - based on size of the rooms and the price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Some of the rooms are so small you cant walk in front of the bed between the desk and the bed you can't fit. That they actually think it's OK to put people in rooms like this. It is just poor business. We come to Chicago every year. We like to try new hotels every once in a while. we will never return to Hotel Felix. We booked via priceline and that might be why we got such a small room. But why they would have a room that small to begin with who knows?
We generally stay at the Hilton Suites on Delaware place much nicer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
haslett michigan
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We booked Felix on Priceline as a 4 star hotel. The location is great, the decor is beautiful, and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. However...the room was entirely too small for a couple to be comfortable...absolutely no room to move/even walk around. Getting in and out of the small bathroom was a constant challenge.

There was no space for amenities such as coffeemaker, water or wine glasses etc

I wondered if the designer, manager, other staff of the Felix had ever actually STAYED in a room ????
I would love to stay there again, but only if there were some way to have a reasonably sized room. We paid $333 for two nights...I guess I I don't understand the star rating system of Priceline

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Felix for only 1 night and got a great deal through Priceline. They of course put me in a pretty small room but the room was quite comfortable and had all the essentials.
The hotel is only 5 blocks from Michigan Ave and close by a lot of good restaurants and sites. I basically walked around the entire city from my hotel.
One small negative was the front desk staff who checked me in was not the most bubbly person I've met. I was actually surprised as I expected better service from a hotel like this but it might just have been the wrong person at the wrong time.
Overall this hotel has a great location with nicely designed rooms.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo