“Tiny rooms, friendly staff, not good for families”
Review of Hotel Felix

Hotel Felix
Ranked #115 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Cleveland
“Tiny rooms, friendly staff, not good for families”
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Just completed a stay at his hotel. The other reviewers were right - the hotel rooms were absoluely tiny. We booked this through priceline (130/night), and I would have been annoyed to get this room especially if I had paid full price.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful - especially the doormen. The location was safe and convenient (to North Mich Ave). There was no bathtub - so bathing the kids was a big challenge. Adding a crib to the room made things even more cramped. Also the free internet at the hotel was incredibly slow.

We mainly ate at kid friendly restaurants such as Foodlife and Portillo's nearby. The staff recommended 'Yolk' for breakfast - which was excellent.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel - based on size of the rooms and the price.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Luis Obispo, CA
Reviewed September 30, 2010

Some of the rooms are so small you cant walk in front of the bed between the desk and the bed you can't fit. That they actually think it's OK to put people in rooms like this. It is just poor business. We come to Chicago every year. We like to try new hotels every once in a while. we will never return to Hotel Felix. We booked via priceline and that might be why we got such a small room. But why they would have a room that small to begin with who knows?
We generally stay at the Hilton Suites on Delaware place much nicer.

haslett michigan
Reviewed September 29, 2010

We booked Felix on Priceline as a 4 star hotel. The location is great, the decor is beautiful, and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. However...the room was entirely too small for a couple to be comfortable...absolutely no room to move/even walk around. Getting in and out of the small bathroom was a constant challenge.

There was no space for amenities such as coffeemaker, water or wine glasses etc

I wondered if the designer, manager, other staff of the Felix had ever actually STAYED in a room ????
I would love to stay there again, but only if there were some way to have a reasonably sized room. We paid $333 for two nights...I guess I I don't understand the star rating system of Priceline

Milwaukee
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Felix for only 1 night and got a great deal through Priceline. They of course put me in a pretty small room but the room was quite comfortable and had all the essentials.
The hotel is only 5 blocks from Michigan Ave and close by a lot of good restaurants and sites. I basically walked around the entire city from my hotel.
One small negative was the front desk staff who checked me in was not the most bubbly person I've met. I was actually surprised as I expected better service from a hotel like this but it might just have been the wrong person at the wrong time.
Overall this hotel has a great location with nicely designed rooms.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I booked through priceline, paying more for our room than what was advertised on the hotel's website. I was skeptical after reading TA reviews. However, although the room was small, it was clean. The front desk folks were nice and helpful, wifi and business center were both "free" (no upcharges). We would recommend, just don't do it through Priceline.

Paris, France
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Hi,

We booked this hotel through Priceline using the "Name your own price" feature. Bid won at $75.

After having checked the review in this website, I thought it would have been a crappy hotel.
Not at all. Even though the rooms are small, the staff is friendly, and the decor is really nice.
Comfy beds and nice bathroom.

Definitely worth the price.

1 Thank olivedel
Kansas City
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Prior to my stay I read a majority of the reviews related to Hotel Felix assistance for those of us that used Price Line in an effort to save money not understanding the dynamics that most hotels sale a block of rooms to these 3rd parties, which tend to be a single room. I have to say that a simple phone call and professional coutesy to the Director of Operations resolved the occupancy issue I faced and was provided a double bed occupancy for my stay. The staff were professional and polite my room was clean and anything I needed I received. This is a lesson learned and I believe you pay for what you get...The Hotel Felix will certainly get nothing but praise from me and my continued business when I visit Chicago again! However, PRICELINE NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family