“Great Staff and Service.”
Review of Hotel Felix

Hotel Felix
Ranked #119 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 18, 2010

I stayed at Hotel Felix with my better half in February and had a great time. Their are so many restaurants and bars in walking distance. However the thing that stood out the most was the great staff and service provided by the Hotel. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. I would recommend this Hotel to Anyone. The only suggestion I would have is a better selection of morning papers.

Reviewed February 18, 2010

Made a reservation for the hotel via priceline for two people (traveling with a friend). I called the hotel to make sure tow get a room with 2 bed (we're not that close friends :-)
Besides being pretty rude, I was told that this would be an extra $40 (almost doubling the bill) and there may or may not be a room available. This makes planning ahead impossible since we will need a room with two beds. When I complained about that, the reservation agent got even more rude, referring to "company policy" (anybody who works in a large company knows what that means). Their blurb on the website about making customer service standards sounds pretty hollow. The bottom line is that after this kind a treatment I don't even want to stay there anymore - before I actually arrived. That must be record.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I read mostly good reviews about this place and I agree. I know, the rooms are small. So what? I guess they should advertise this on their website or something.
Because of you take the room size out of the equation, everything else is above expectations.
I mean even the room size is not a big deal, granted we don't have any kids and did not have a lot of luggage. But I mean if you go there and you know you most likely are going to have a smaller room then it's not such a big deal.

From the moment you walk into the hotel you feel the difference, the smell, feel and look of everything is really well thought out.
Check in was nice and quick.
Our room was wonderful, it's nicely decorated, I loved the new bed and linen, I loved the desk and TV. There was something special about that room. The bathroom was again on the small side of things but still very nice. I liked it.

They don't have coffee in the room but they have complimentary coffee in the lobby all morning long.

If you're reading this review you know the hotel is in a good location. There is a parking right across the street on Clark street that is 23 dollars for 24 hours. Not bad for Chicago.

I got this hotel on priceline but I will not hesitate to book it again without priceline in the future. I am looking forward to trying their spa with my wife.

Go to the hotel Felix, you won't regret it.

Reviewed February 15, 2010

The Hotel Felix is a fine boutique hotel in a great location, a few blocks from the Michigan Ave. shopping area, a CTA red line station, and great restaurants including Rick Bayless' famed Frontera Grill. We appreciated the hotel's commitment to the environment and its free wifi -- very nice not to have an upscale hotel soak us for up to $13 per day for Internet service!

Web sites including Priceline consider this a 4-star hotel, but I think a 3.5-star or 3-star rating would be more appropriate. Our queen-bed room was one of the tiniest we've ever stayed in, tightly furnished with a bed, end tables, a desk and desk chair. Another chair would have been nice, but there was no room for one. Also, the hotel's "fitness center" was just a very plain room with two treadmills, two cross-trainers and a collection of dumbbells -- about as meager as what you'd find at a Courtyard by Marriott or Homewood Suites, not a 4-star brand such as Hilton or Sheraton.

We learned while trying to take a nap that it was best to keep the heating system's fan going and not allow it to switch off, to drown out sound from the hallway that kept invading our room.

Guests might want to avoid the hotel's overpriced restaurant, Elate. Our Sunday brunch for two, including drinks, taxes and tip, cost about $75! Our waiter suggested Bloody Marys, we both said yes, but we really should have asked about the price: a steep $12 each. We also were asked for our toast preference, suggesting that our entrees came with toast, so we both chose sourdough. When our meals came, one of us got sourdough on his plate, but the other got wholegrain toast on a separate plate. We decided not to complain about the error -- but were quite annoyed when the bill included a $3 charge for wholegrain toast.

Reviewed February 14, 2010

My husband and I just got back from a 5 day stay in Chicago. We were looking forward to a great stay at an interesting boutique hotel

but were unfortunately very disappointed. The rooms were so small and lacked comfort and personality. The staff were slow and unprofessional. As we entered the elevator, two employees... were very obviously wrapping up a drug deal and laughed uncomfortably when they saw us. Room service food was cold and tasteless. If I could get a refund, I would still feel like I wasted 5 nights in a beautiful city. Priceline rated this a 3 1/2 stars?!?! Doubtful. The only positive point of our stay were the very helpful doormen. They were wonderful. I would strongly suggest avoiding this "boutique" hotel and staying at one of the many other fine hotels in Chicago.

Reviewed February 10, 2010

Excellent location. Very contemporary furnishing. Great for a single traveler or romantic getaway. Not good for families as room is small and storage space is less. I do not think this is comparable to other major brand four star hotels but if you get it off hotwire for less than $60 you should consider a good buy. Great location for restaurants. Numerous places incl Bartenelli pasta bowl, rainforest cafe and Hard rock cafe around the block. Some said try out the "yolk" a great brunch place around but could not go there. There is parking lot right across on Clark and Huron which changes just $23 for 24 hr and looks quite safe. Will be happy to stay here if I get for the same price.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I used priceline and paid $52 per night thinking I was getting a 4 star hotel. WRONG way WRONG!! The room was so small there was nowhere to put our luggage. You can't begin to understand how small these rooms are. If I had been bidding on a 2 star it would be different. The sink is so shallow you can' even get your hands in their to wash. However the room was very clean and would be ok for a single traveler and that is it.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family