“good value if you want location”
Review of Hotel Felix

Hotel Felix
Ranked #122 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 24, 2009

We found this hotel via hotwire - aka we took a gamble - and it was great. The room we had was very small (as in tiny), but very clean and nice. Nothing to fancy but you felt very comfortable there. Our greatest need on our 3 night stay was location. And this was located pretty close to the Mile which is what we wanted. I would not have paid their normal prices online as that would have been too much, but if you find a cheap deal then go for it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,649)

Reviewed November 22, 2009

I had a great rate on this hotel through Travelzoo that was $99 per night and included breakfast for 2 and free parking for my Hybrid vehicle. Parking is normally $42 a night and the breakfast for 2 would have been $22 based on menu prices. You can do the math. The hotel itself was modern and fantastic. Great location, very clean, great service, great restaurant. The only concern for many seems to be the size of the rooms. Yes, they were small, but that was no concern to me and it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. I slept well there in a clean comfortable bed. I wasn't intending to have a hotel party. For the price I paid, you can't beat it.

Reviewed November 20, 2009

Great Hotel in the Heart of the River North Area. Rooms are small, but the hotel is worth it if you can get past the room size. It's Chicago, who hangs out in the room anyway?

Great Location within walking Distance to almost all the Major Chicago Sights. Plenty of Restaurants and Bars very close by. Try the Clark St Ale House or Angels and Kings for some great nightlife, both are Literally 1/2 block away for the Hotel.

The Front Desk people were extremely nice and accommodated all our Requests. My GF visited the SPA and had an similarly excellent experience.

We had a amazing Long Weekend at this Hotel and with the "EL" station a very short walk away, Chicagoland was at our Doorstep.

Reviewed November 16, 2009

I've stayed in smaller places but this room really felt cramped for one person. Think cruise ship cabin, SMALL cruise ship cabin. The bed was comfortable but the sheets were very thin and cheap. That was a real disappointment. I would recommend replacing the sheets as soon as possible.

The bathroom was small as well but as a solo traveler it was adequate. I could never imagine staying in this room with another person. Someone won't be coming out alive. Minimal storage but again, as a solo traveler it was adequate.

The neighborhood is very "busy" on weekend nights with lots of screaming and noise coming from the street below. I was on 10 and it was very audible up until about 3 a.m. on Saturday. The restaurant is average for food and poor on service. My waiter took the order and never returned. I left a 5 dollar tip and now regret it. He really didn't deserve it.

My biggest complaint would be the crowd this place draws. They all think they are Paris Hilton and are about as annoying as Paris Hilton. That's if Paris was a large Midwestern girl.

Overall it was a decent place to stay at a decent rate. If you are going to spend a lot of time in the room, stay elsewhere. You'll go stir crazy in these tiny rooms.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank roughout
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Had to travel to downtown Chicago for business. I wanted something different and in a great location. The Hotel Felix was perfect. It's got a contemporary and "hip" feel to it. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in. The bathroom was large and the shower was a true walk in shower with one of those large "rain shower" heads.

It is a boutique hotel and despite what others have said, the rooms are not tiny or small. I had a room on the 10th floor with a king bed and it was perfect.

ALL of the staff were attentive and extremely helpful.

This is definitely my new "go to" hotel in downtown Chicago. Loved it!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Recently stayed at the Hotel Felix in Chicago when we had a quick layover on the way to new York. Had never heard of hotel before so took a chance and wasn't disappointed. Near Chicago's magnificent mile, this place had great views. Room was spacious - I keep forgetting how big American hotel rooms can be!
Staff was courteous throughout. Didn't have a chance to eat here unfortunately. I spent a bit more than I normally would, but definitely worth the treat.

Reviewed November 10, 2009

We stayed at the Hotel Felix in October - visiting our daughter for Parents Weekend at DePaul. The hotel staff was very friendly - and while the room was small, it was clean and the bath products and bathroom facilities were nice - love the H2O products! It is a few blocks to the EL stop and downtown locations. Try the restaurant YOLK for breakfast/brunch - about a block away, fantastic!. There was a great discount code on the DePaul website, so it was a bargain for the two night stay.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple