Hotel Felix
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$317
$233
Sofitel
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
$475
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$211
$206
$187
$167
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$239
$199
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$604
$376
Langham Official
1,670 results
All reviewsrooms are smallboutique hotelwhole foodsfew blocksriver northmichigan avefront desk staffbed was very comfortablefree coffeedowntown chicagolocation is greatthe magnificent milemag mileupon checknavy pierlobbydoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Had an amazing weekend at this hotel. Perfect location, and a really great staff. We were pleasantly greeted by every staff member we encountered. Our room was very clean, and well appointed. Our only complaint was that the toilet kept intermittently running throughout the night, but closing the bathroom door solved that problem. There is a whole foods a block away that has everything you could need, as well as parking that is affiliated with the hotel for $29 a night. Just ask the front desk for a parking coupon.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from elevators if you can, higher the better to reduce street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Hi Jeremy S - Thank you for posting your review with us! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, were able to get set up with parking, and that you found the Whole Foods close to our hotel. Safe travels, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Personally have been to twenty plus hotels all over the world, whether it was Asia or North America. I've never been assigned to someone else's room. It is just ridiculous to walk in a hotel room seeing a box of Coors on the ground and some clothes on the bed. I wondered how it would be like if someone was in the room. I have no idea how a system could cause such a ridiculous thing from happening.

As we walked back down to the counter the manager on duty seems to be by the desk and she inquired us if anyone was in the room. We answered that there was no one and she did not seem to care about it from then. The desk quickly assigned us another room and that was all. I did not think too much at the spot but thinking back it is just ridiculous.

Overall the hotel was not bad, a more modern look for a small hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank willchentm
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Hi Wei Hsueh C - Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us. We appreciate you providing feedback on the mixup that happened with the rooms. It sounds like the front desk was able to help you, and we are glad the issue was resolved quickly. Thank you again for the feedback, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We arrived 3 hours early and had to wait maybe 20 minutes for them to get a room ready for us, which they did as fast as they possibly could. They sat us in the lobby and got us free coffee while we waited.

This hotel is small, for sure. The rooms are small but well appointed and look nice. You're not going to have a view of anything, really. The people that complain about the size of the rooms, though, confuse me. With where this hotel is, if you're sitting in you're room you are really missing out on what's around you and wasting your money. You are surrounded by great restaurants, bars and are walking distance to Michigan Avenue and Navy Pier. If the room is too small, get out of the room and do something!

We were there with our daughter and I will say I won't do that again. The queen rooms are perfect for couples, no more.

Room Tip: Pretty much only two to a room. Anything more is cramped.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Hi mtl1104 - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are happy that you enjoyed the complimentary free trade coffee in our lobby and that the staff was able to quickly have a room prepared for you. While our rooms are cozy in nature, as Chicago's first Silver LEED certified hotel we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts, and we see that you were able to enjoy the surrounding attractions and sightseeing with your family. Thank you again for choosing Hotel Felix. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed for 5 nights. I had booked it under Hotwire when you don't know the name of the hotel and when I saw reviews I was a little nervous. Due to others suggestions I had asked for a room higher up and away from the elevators as I am a light sleeper. I asked for a fridge due to a medical condition and was given one.

Negatives:
Room was small and no bathtub. Only room for my large suitcase - I was alone so that was okay.
Small closet (only a foot wide)
Wi-fi unreliable at times - I got kicked off a Webinar a couple of times
Noisy air conditioner - It rattled at times (luckily it's spring and I could open the windows so I just turned off the A/C)

Positives:
Clean room with a very comfortable bed.
Black out curtains to keep the light out and windows opened to get fresh air.
Staff were very professional and helpful. I want to especially thank Jordan the maintenance man who brought me a fridge and brought me a new remote for the T.V. and was very pleasant.
Free coffee served in the lobby in the morning with free newspapers
Very nice looking lobby.
Location is near the local subway so I could walk to it easily and then take public transit to the museums.
Whole Foods and Walgreens in short walking distance to the hotel so I could pick up a few things when needed.

Overall I liked the hotel and if it had a bathtub I would have given it 4 stars even with the small room. I have back problems and a hot bath at the end of the day of being on my feet and sight seeing would have been nice. I would not have paid more then the $109.00 a night. The Queen bed is great for a single person but if I was travelling with someone else I would recommend getting two Queen beds or a King bed because of the small rooms and having to put your luggage somewhere.

Room Tip: Pick a room away from the elevator and ice machine if you are a light sleeper. Higher floors mean less street noise if you are a light sleeper. If by yourself, the single Queen room is okay. If with more then one person, I would get two Queens or a King room as too small for people and luggage.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Financial_freedom

Hi Financial_freedom - Thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you had such a positive customer service experience, that you enjoyed the location central to public transportation and sightseeing, and that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary free trade coffee in the lobby each morning. While our rooms are cozy in nature, as Chicago's first Silver LEED certified hotel we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts. Thank you again for choosing Hotel Felix and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

The Hotel Felix afforded us easy access to downtown Chicago and all that it offered. We walked to Navy Pier, to the Chicago Art Institute and to the Temple building (a must on any weekday is their 2:00 p.m. Tour of the Walgreen chapel, regardless of your religious affiliation), and to the Driehaus Museum, and when the sun shines, all of the city's architectural treasures are aglow - and there are lots of these. We had delicious Croques Monsieurs for lunch at Le Trouquet, filling salads at Pot Belly, a sumptuous dinner at Maggiano's and tasty dishes at the Riva at the Navy Pier. It was a pleasure to return each evening to our comfortable hotel room, with fresh linen and the smiling faces at Reception. Chicago is a friendly city and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will return! and often.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Hi Ian R - Thank you for choosing us for you recent trip to Chicago. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit. We are happy that you were able to visit nearby attractions like Navy Pier, The Art Institute of Chicago, the Driehaus Museum, and more. Thank you for mentioning the friendly staff at reception. We hope to see you again very soon!