“great hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
mississauga
“great hotel”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

rooms and all around the hotel were beautiful and clean. staff was extremely friendly!!! walking distance to hop on hop off bus stop and also walking distance to the best breakfast restaurant on the planet lol The Yolk..an absolute must visit for chicago.. recommended by the front desk staff when we asked them where to go for a close by breakfast. We loved this hotel and would definitely return if we come back to chicago.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Hi vanesssxoxo - Thank you for choosing Hotel Felix Chicago during your recent visit to Chicago! We appreciate your kind remarks, and are glad you enjoyed your breakfast! Thank you again for taking the time to post your review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Some say the room is small but we found it perfect. Service and cleanliness was great. My only critique is desk service does not know bus schedule. We came in sat morning and told to take a bus that does not run weekends. As this was our first time in the city it created some confusion. We ended up taking a cab. Next day we were told to take the #3 bus which did not exist. We loved this hotel but directions could have been more helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Buckeye G - Thank you very much for posting your review following your recent visit to Chicago! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback regarding the bus information from the front desk. We definitely also recommend visiting the CTA website to look up schedules and plan a bus trip. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!
Illinois
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Hotel Felix is a small budget hotel north of the river and west of Michigan Avenue/Water Tower place. My room on the 10th floor and was clean and well kept. The bathroom had a walk in shower that was very spacious. The room itself was small and and most of it was taken up by the bed. There was a small desk and chair but no armchair, a hair dryer and an iron and ironing board but snow in room coffee maker. Coffee was available in the morning in the lobby. There was a bistro next door that provided room service but I didn't use it. Staff were courteous and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to the budget traveler.

1 Thank Rachael M
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hi Bromsgrove-Rover - Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Felix Chicago! We appreciate your kind remarks. In keeping with our eco-friendly policies, we do not have coffee machines in our guests rooms. Household appliances like coffee machines continue to draw electricity when plugged in, even if turned off. We are happy you were able to take advantage of the complimentary, fair-trade coffee and tea in the lobby every morning. Thank you again and come see us again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Yes, the rooms are small.. it's a boutique hotel. It was our second stay within the year, and will consider it again. Got a great last minute deal online. Love the location, everything we needed was within walking distance. Bed was comfortable, had no problem falling asleep. There were some loud conversations in the hallway during the night, again its a hotel, with people coming and going, was expected. We found an online parking deal at the lot 300 ft from the front door, saving us $20. There might be a rewards program, but we haven't found it and staff at the front desk hasn't promoted it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi MIcalobeco - Thank you very much for posting your review following your recent trip to Chicago. We are always happy to see return guests and we agree - our location can't be beat! We encourage you to visit hotelfelixchicago.com to sign up for e-mail offers. Thank you again and we hope you have a wonderful day.
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked this room via Priceline and was a little concerned by the reviews here. However, I found it to be a very pleasant place to stay. The bed was wonderfully comfortable. My room on the 11th floor was very quiet; no inside or outside noise. The room was clean and in good shape. The lobby, too, was small but nicely decorated. My only complaint: the free coffee was weak and a little bitter; not worth the trip down to the lobby. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Although the nearest train stop of the Chicago metro was about four blocks away, it was easy to walk from the hotel to the Magnificant Mile, the downtown "loop", etc.

Green Features: Each time the housekeeper came in, she threw away the plastic cup I was using and the open bar of soap, meaning that I had to unwrap and use new ones each day. Seems very wasteful to me.
1 Thank SomervilleReisender
Hi SomervilleReisender - Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Felix during your recent trip to Chicago. We will relay the message regarding the complimentary, free-trade coffee offered in the lobby each morning. We appreciate your kind remarks and we hope to see you again soon!
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had high hopes for Hotel Felix for a 5 day stay in mid-March. The rooms were minuscule. Barely enough space to put a large suit case and still walk around the bag. I easily forgot the bed was comfortable because the walls are like cardboard - I could hear my neighbors conversations perfectly and could barely sleep because they were in and out at all hours. The free coffee in the morning -- well, you get what you pay for. And the drink do you pay for is made by an amateur - big ice, little glass. I read this book by the cover, a mistake.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi boolouis - Thank you for posting your review. While our rooms are cozy in nature, as Chicago's first Silver LEED certified hotel we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts, including our complimentary, free-trade coffee in the lobby each morning. We hope you were able to get in touch with the front desk regarding the noise coming from other visiting guests during your stay. Bartenders will be happy to offer less ice should you request it. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you have a great day.

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I'm at the hotel now (well as I'm writing this). It's 1:07 am and the amount of noise coming into my room from the hallway and the room next to mine has woke me up. Yelling. Laughing. Chitter-chatter. Doors slamming shut. I'm not happy :( Tiny rooms. The beds take up the entire room. There isn't even a closet to store the suitcases in, so they are shoved under this tiny sitting desk that takes up whatever room the beds don't. No dresser. Just 4 under the bed drawers the I keep nailing my legs and feet on. On a positive note...the beds are actually comfortable and the hotel is clean. The staff is friendly and the door men are super nice :) I have my kids with me....this is NOT a kid friendly hotel. It's almost embarrassing to go through the lobby because of all the stares we get (and trust you me my kids are being QUIET and behaving themselves....they've been warned). Honestly....if I thought priceline.com would give me my $$$ back for the next three nights that I have booked at Hotel Felix...I would take that money and go to a TRUE 4star hotel down the block. Oh yeah....the location isn't that bad either AND don't drive a "large" vehicle here and expect them to park it...we were told our truck is too large for their parking area and my hubby had to go find parking elsewhere!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank E M
Hi E M - Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we find most guests appreciate our urban location, which is just steps away from Chicago’s landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, museums, shopping and more. We hope that you were able to contact someone at the front desk regarding the noise coming from other visiting guests that evening, and our parking attendants do use their best judgment when it comes to our parking area.

We welcome families always here at Hotel Felix, and are very happy you had a positive customer service experience during your stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again.