“Will book it again!”

Ranked #118 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
“Will book it again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

Yes, the rooms are small.. it's a boutique hotel. It was our second stay within the year, and will consider it again. Got a great last minute deal online. Love the location, everything we needed was within walking distance. Bed was comfortable, had no problem falling asleep. There were some loud conversations in the hallway during the night, again its a hotel, with people coming and going, was expected. We found an online parking deal at the lot 300 ft from the front door, saving us $20. There might be a rewards program, but we haven't found it and staff at the front desk hasn't promoted it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hi MIcalobeco - Thank you very much for posting your review following your recent trip to Chicago. We are always happy to see return guests and we agree - our location can't be beat! We encourage you to visit hotelfelixchicago.com to sign up for e-mail offers. Thank you again and we hope you have a wonderful day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Somerville, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I booked this room via Priceline and was a little concerned by the reviews here. However, I found it to be a very pleasant place to stay. The bed was wonderfully comfortable. My room on the 11th floor was very quiet; no inside or outside noise. The room was clean and in good shape. The lobby, too, was small but nicely decorated. My only complaint: the free coffee was weak and a little bitter; not worth the trip down to the lobby. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. Although the nearest train stop of the Chicago metro was about four blocks away, it was easy to walk from the hotel to the Magnificant Mile, the downtown "loop", etc.

Green Features: Each time the housekeeper came in, she threw away the plastic cup I was using and the open bar of soap, meaning that I had to unwrap and use new ones each day. Seems very wasteful to me.
1 Thank SomervilleReisender
Hi SomervilleReisender - Thank you very much for choosing Hotel Felix during your recent trip to Chicago. We will relay the message regarding the complimentary, free-trade coffee offered in the lobby each morning. We appreciate your kind remarks and we hope to see you again soon!
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I had high hopes for Hotel Felix for a 5 day stay in mid-March. The rooms were minuscule. Barely enough space to put a large suit case and still walk around the bag. I easily forgot the bed was comfortable because the walls are like cardboard - I could hear my neighbors conversations perfectly and could barely sleep because they were in and out at all hours. The free coffee in the morning -- well, you get what you pay for. And the drink do you pay for is made by an amateur - big ice, little glass. I read this book by the cover, a mistake.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hi boolouis - Thank you for posting your review. While our rooms are cozy in nature, as Chicago's first Silver LEED certified hotel we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts, including our complimentary, free-trade coffee in the lobby each morning. We hope you were able to get in touch with the front desk regarding the noise coming from other visiting guests during your stay. Bartenders will be happy to offer less ice should you request it. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you have a great day.

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I'm at the hotel now (well as I'm writing this). It's 1:07 am and the amount of noise coming into my room from the hallway and the room next to mine has woke me up. Yelling. Laughing. Chitter-chatter. Doors slamming shut. I'm not happy :( Tiny rooms. The beds take up the entire room. There isn't even a closet to store the suitcases in, so they are shoved under this tiny sitting desk that takes up whatever room the beds don't. No dresser. Just 4 under the bed drawers the I keep nailing my legs and feet on. On a positive note...the beds are actually comfortable and the hotel is clean. The staff is friendly and the door men are super nice :) I have my kids with me....this is NOT a kid friendly hotel. It's almost embarrassing to go through the lobby because of all the stares we get (and trust you me my kids are being QUIET and behaving themselves....they've been warned). Honestly....if I thought priceline.com would give me my $$$ back for the next three nights that I have booked at Hotel Felix...I would take that money and go to a TRUE 4star hotel down the block. Oh yeah....the location isn't that bad either AND don't drive a "large" vehicle here and expect them to park it...we were told our truck is too large for their parking area and my hubby had to go find parking elsewhere!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank E M
Hi E M - Thank you for posting your review following your stay with us. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we find most guests appreciate our urban location, which is just steps away from Chicago’s landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, museums, shopping and more. We hope that you were able to contact someone at the front desk regarding the noise coming from other visiting guests that evening, and our parking attendants do use their best judgment when it comes to our parking area.

We welcome families always here at Hotel Felix, and are very happy you had a positive customer service experience during your stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again.
Venice Beach, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Amazing location!!!
Close to everything fun...
Rooms are incredibly small so just know that and I got a great rate online but wouldn't pay more then 100 a night.

Staff was friendly and I ended up staying for 2 weeks and it was very enjoyable and has a lot of zip cars nearby.

Other then tiny rooms, good hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Hi thelinmd - Thank you for choosing Hotel Felix during your recent stay in Chicago. While our rooms are cozy in nature, as Chicago's first Silver LEED certified hotel we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts.We truly appreciate your review and we hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I recently stayed at Hotel Felix for a 2 week period of time while I was in Chicago for work. I really enjoyed my stay here for several reasons.

Although the rooms are very small they are comfortable. Since I was here by myself it was the perfect size. I was staying in a room and something was wrong with the lock so I couldn't get into my room several times, which they eventually switched my rooms and gave me a suite which was great!! The only problem with this room was the toilet would run for a short period of time about every hour. It was quite loud but not terrible.

The beds are EXTREMELY comfortable!! All the staff that I encountered were super friendly and helpful! The rooms are clean and the cleaning service was great. They would leave plenty of extra shampoo, conditioners, and soap. I only realized on the last day here that hiding in the bathroom were cotton balls, Q-tips, and makeup remover! I wish I would have known sooner but I guess I didn't search good enough!

The location is great, very close to everything. I agree the rooms should have a fridge/microwave. But here for business, it wasn't too terrible not having one.

Overall a great experience. Very comfortable, friendly staff, and great location! Would be nice to have some of those extra amenities though. I would definitely come back here in the future!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Hi Kelsey1023S - Thank you for posting your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your time in Chicago during your business trip, and are happy you were accommodated with the suite upgrade. In keeping with our ecofriendly policies, we do not automatically equip guest rooms with refrigerators or microwaves. We do provide guests with mini fridges upon request though, pending availability, with advance notice preferred. Something to note for your next trip! Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Room is quite small, no mini bar no fridge. maybe acceptable for business traveler,definitely not for vacation goers
I wrote to the hotel to accept an online purchase before checked in and got positive response. It's delivered before 8pm on Monday. The duty manager locked it up and took a leave for 2 days. We were told it would not be available until Thursday. The director of front desk expressed no apology but defended the front desk manager's act as precarious. The hotel received the package on behalf of the guest. The package did not address to specific front desk manager. The lack of basic common sense of the hotel management is very disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom Y
Hi Tom Y - Thank you for your review as we certainly appreciate hearing feedback from guests. When packages arrive to Hotel Felix addressed to a non-registered guest and the package has value, we will secure it until we find who the package is for. We do this to keep delivered items safe, and the package gets to the right hands. Thank you again for your feedback, and hope you return in the future.