“Very solid hotel”

Venice Beach, CA
“Very solid hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Amazing location!!!
Close to everything fun...
Rooms are incredibly small so just know that and I got a great rate online but wouldn't pay more then 100 a night.

Staff was friendly and I ended up staying for 2 weeks and it was very enjoyable and has a lot of zip cars nearby.

Other then tiny rooms, good hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Hi thelinmd - Thank you for choosing Hotel Felix during your recent stay in Chicago. While our rooms are cozy in nature, as Chicago's first Silver LEED certified hotel we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts.We truly appreciate your review and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I recently stayed at Hotel Felix for a 2 week period of time while I was in Chicago for work. I really enjoyed my stay here for several reasons.

Although the rooms are very small they are comfortable. Since I was here by myself it was the perfect size. I was staying in a room and something was wrong with the lock so I couldn't get into my room several times, which they eventually switched my rooms and gave me a suite which was great!! The only problem with this room was the toilet would run for a short period of time about every hour. It was quite loud but not terrible.

The beds are EXTREMELY comfortable!! All the staff that I encountered were super friendly and helpful! The rooms are clean and the cleaning service was great. They would leave plenty of extra shampoo, conditioners, and soap. I only realized on the last day here that hiding in the bathroom were cotton balls, Q-tips, and makeup remover! I wish I would have known sooner but I guess I didn't search good enough!

The location is great, very close to everything. I agree the rooms should have a fridge/microwave. But here for business, it wasn't too terrible not having one.

Overall a great experience. Very comfortable, friendly staff, and great location! Would be nice to have some of those extra amenities though. I would definitely come back here in the future!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Hi Kelsey1023S - Thank you for posting your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your time in Chicago during your business trip, and are happy you were accommodated with the suite upgrade. In keeping with our ecofriendly policies, we do not automatically equip guest rooms with refrigerators or microwaves. We do provide guests with mini fridges upon request though, pending availability, with advance notice preferred. Something to note for your next trip! Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon!
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Room is quite small, no mini bar no fridge. maybe acceptable for business traveler,definitely not for vacation goers
I wrote to the hotel to accept an online purchase before checked in and got positive response. It's delivered before 8pm on Monday. The duty manager locked it up and took a leave for 2 days. We were told it would not be available until Thursday. The director of front desk expressed no apology but defended the front desk manager's act as precarious. The hotel received the package on behalf of the guest. The package did not address to specific front desk manager. The lack of basic common sense of the hotel management is very disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tom Y
Hi Tom Y - Thank you for your review as we certainly appreciate hearing feedback from guests. When packages arrive to Hotel Felix addressed to a non-registered guest and the package has value, we will secure it until we find who the package is for. We do this to keep delivered items safe, and the package gets to the right hands. Thank you again for your feedback, and hope you return in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

Saint Onge, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Silver LEED certified boutique hotel in good downtown Chicago area with numerous quality restaurants nearby. The staff was very pleasant, the rooms and public areas were clean and modernly decorated, but my room was super tiny. There was only about 18 inches of clearance between the bottom of the bed and the small table/TV area. I bumped my knees 5 times on the wood extending from the corners of the bed! In addition, though I was there 3 nights, I cancelled housekeeping service because there was no space to put my things to get them out of the way. The room was very well insulated and I could barely hear outside or hall noise, but the smallness was almost claustrophobic.

Room Tip: Look at a floor plan of the rooms (they have them) and make sure they are not giving you one of the...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hi Kathryn K - Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay! While our rooms are cozy in nature, we find most guests appreciate our urban location, which is just steps away from Chicago’s landmarks, including the Magnificent Mile, museums, shopping and more. We hope to see you again soon!
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed for a single night after booking on HotWire while we were flying through Chicago.

Great location in River North, close to bars and restaurants and trolley tour stop.

Clean, modern rooms, very small (think two feet around the bed with a small bathroom). Good for a single night where we weren't unpacking though we barely had room for our suitcases (coming from a two week tropical trip).

Would stay here again, the hotel bar is good, and the location could not be beat. Though I wouldn't stay for longer than a night or two.

Downsides besides tiny room, the hotel wireless is awful, and cleaning staff are loud in the mornings. But we didn't seem to find walls as thin as other guests.

Room Tip: We stayed in 212 at the end of a hall and were pleased
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi digerati - Thank you for choosing Hotel Felix during your recent stay in Chicago! While our rooms are cozy in nature, as Chicago's first Silver LEED certified hotel we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts. Glad you got to enjoy the hotel bar and surrounding attractions, too. We very much appreciate your taking the time to post a review and we hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Room was very reasonable (albeit I visited in early March- Brrrr). The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My room was very small but very clean. Boutique hotel. Had a cute lobby bar and they guys who take care of your car are amazing. Will definitely return this summer!

Green Features: This is a VERY eco-friendly hotel. In fact, that's what they're known for.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mthede1
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hi mthede1 - Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your kind remarks, and are glad you were able to take advantage of the lobby bar, as well as parking. We are also very proud of our eco-friendly efforts and Silver LEED certification, so thank you for that comment. We look forward to seeing you again when the weather warms up!
Porto Alegre
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel is excellent; very good location, gives complimentary WiFi in all the areas of the hotel, including the rooms.
Gives complimentary tea and coffee during breakfast time, and also has a very nice restaurant in the ground floor.

Green Features: the hotel has the Silver LEED Certificate, the only one in Chicago.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi clarissarech - Thank you for choosing Hotel Felix during your recent visit to Chicago! We appreciate your kind remarks and are very happy that you enjoyed the complimentary Wi-Fi, as well as the complimentary coffee and tea during breakfast. We noticed your note about our Silver LEED certification - we are very proud of our eco-friendly efforts! Thank you again for review and we hope to see you again soon.