“Great staff, comfortable rooms!”
Review of Hotel Felix

Hotel Felix
Ranked #120 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 4, 2012

As vacationers, my husband and I had a great experience at this hotel. Every interaction we had with a staff member was fantastic and exceeded expectations.

Our first impression of the hotel was that it was stylish and modern. The lobby is clean and comfortable, but has limited seating.

The rooms, like the lobby, were modern and clean. The bed was quite comfortable. The toiletries provided by the hotel exceeded my expectations. There was no tub, but a shower stall, which suited me just fine. The sink basins are shallow.

The walls in this hotel are somewhat thin. We heard the elevator dinging outside our room, and we heard our neighbors doors slam every time they left their rooms. Luckily no one was talking loudly or excessively entering or exiting their rooms during our stay. The noises were muffled enough that they weren't bothersome, but we still noticed them.

Location was good. Very close to Michigan Avenue. Lots of nearby restaurants and touristy things to do.

Unlike many of the people reviewing this hotel, we were not disappointed by the room size. After reading the reviews before deciding on the hotel, I had actually envisioned a room smaller than the one we had. We booked a single queen room, and it was comfortable for two adults.

The TV was nice and was very easy to watch from the bed, though it would have been difficult to watch from anywhere else in the rooms. There were a good assortment of cable channels to choose from.

Valet Parking is $44 per day, and the parking garage that the valets use is off-site a few blocks away. With that $44 price tag, guests receive in and out privileges. If you need your car brought around, make sure you allow time, as it takes about 15 minutes to get your car.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmbryan
georgejordan, General Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your review following your stay with us! We're thrilled you and your husband had a wonderful time with us and we couldn't be happier that you enjoyed our hardworking staff, clean and modern decor and convenient location. We hope you have a wonderful day and thank you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,649)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is not a 4 star hotel. The room(s) we had were slightly bigger than the Queen bed we slept in (space to the wall was 2 ft from the left and foot of the bed and 3ft on the right). What they called a closet was a 1.5' nook with a cheap curtain in front of it. The TV was mounted on the wall at the foot of the bed and with so little room between the foot of the bed and the wall (see above) you would have to veer to pass between the foot of the bed and the TV. BUT - that has some perils because the Bed frame is a wood structure that encases the boxspring and it sticks out about 4" from the matterss. The end result is that when you veer to avoid hitting the TV, you nail your shin on the bedframe and it really hurts. My wife and I still have bruises. I think they have made some attempts to cushion the blow with padding, but that is cheap and falling off. The bathroom's are fine except the sink is too shallow for a Sardine to swim in and it spalshes all over you. The general decor is rather drab and the dark brown carpet that is used both in the hallways and the rooms looks really bad. Staying with the Sardine theme, the hallways are also narrow. I don't have anything bad to say about the bathroom, but the again, there is nothing special about it either. We booked this through a solicitation from priceline about great negotiated deals on Chicago 4 star hotels. I am not sure how priceline could grade this as 4 start hotel, my wife says one of the things they base their rating on is if they have a robe. REALLY! A ROBE!!! How about square footage??? I have seen bigger one bed hospital rooms. They probably have some Larger rooms, but I don't think you will ever get one if you book thorugh Priceline's negotiated site. My suggestion is that if you want to use "priceline's name your price" in Chicag", stay out of the River North area because you will probably get the Hotel Felix. I assume that is the only way someone would pay for their cells and selling them to unssupecting people on priceline is part of their business model. I really feel I was taken for a ride by Priceline and the Hotel on this deal.

Room Tip: Find another hotel if you are traveling with anyone, or you plan tpo spend anytime in your room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review following your stay with us. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts and amenities. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I have stayed in about 20 different hotels in downtown Chicago, and this one ranks near the bottom. The rooms had a cheap quality to them with dingy carpet and furniture, reminiscent of a cheap Holiday Inn. The sink basin was extremely shallow and splashed water everywhere, and the desk was too small even to fit my laptop computer! Everything was very crowded and small.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we're proud to be Chicago's first LEED-certified hotel. Thanks again and have a nice day.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed there in September of 2012. This is a very nice modern hotel. The only thing that I didn't like about the hotel was how small the rooms were. I felt like I was in a tiny little box. The service was excellent, and if the rooms were a bit bigger I would have loved this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us. We're thrilled you enjoyed our modern decor and hardworking cast. While our rooms are cozy in nature, we're proud of our eco-friendly efforts. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I spent 4 days in Chicago last April at the Hotel Felix. Very nice hotel, more like a boutique hotel, with design furniture, very classy. The room I had was not too small, except the fact that the closet was minimal, so I couldn't empty my luggage. The area is nice, very central, and within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. I would definitely stay there again !

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. We're pleased you enjoyed our chic, modern decor and our convenient location in the heart of downtown Chicago. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I spent 3 nights at this place. everythin was clean and neat. they were on time and the room service was amazing. there is a new bulding being built right by this hotel, which kinda blocked our room view but i didnt really care.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review following your stay with us! We're so glad you enjoyed our hardworking staff, clean rooms and room service. The construction next door is for a new hotel slated to open in Summer 2013. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel through Priceline. They called it a 4 star. I'm not sure if that's %100 correct, but it's close. The rooms are really small, along with the bathrooms. However for the 1 night that I stayed there it wasn't bad at all.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for your review following your stay with us. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and we love the picture you snapped of Madeline and Scrappy, our resident eco-sculptures! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.