1,140 results
All reviewsrooms are smallthe magnificent milegreat locationfree breakfastyogurttwo blockstrader joesdowntown chicagothe breakfast areamag mileplace to sleepnavy piermichigan avefront desk staffwalked everywherean older hotelself park
Reviewed May 23, 2005

My husband and I, plus my aunt and college-age cousin, stayed at the Cass Hotel for three nights in early May, 2005. This is a great location, at a bargain price.

My husband and I had a small room located next to the elevators on the 7th floor. It had one double bed. Although it was very small, it suited us just fine. We pretty much were only in the room to sleep and shower. It was clean, quiet, and had a window that opened. Our towels were a little on the thin and small side, but they were clean. We didn't actually turn on the TV but apparently they do have cable.

My aunt and cousin had a room with 2 double beds, and their room was significantly larger, with two windows (again, one that opened). Again, it was clean and quiet, and they had no complaints.

The front desk staff was friendly, especially the night desk guy. There is a small coffee shop that serves breakfast in the morning, which we didn't eat at. The Sea of Happiness lounge is indeed friendly! I think that they may be renovating the hotel, as we saw workers during our stay. If you stay here, walk around the corner to see the amazing and historic home that's right next door.

Again, the price was right, the location was great, and it was clean and safe. It's not the Park Hyatt, but it's easy on the budget. We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2005
13  Thank Dreamer25860
Reviewed March 7, 2005

When we vacation, we like to spend more $$ on outdoor activities than our room. This was the perfect place to crash -clean, comfy bed. We've stayed here twice, and the 2nd time they already had newer, softer towels and some renovated rooms. I love the authenticity of the building, and of course the LOCATION!! I recommend Cass Hotel if you plan on spending more time and money outdoors than indoors.

• Stayed: February 2005
12  Thank Sherpa35612
Reviewed February 24, 2005

The place might look a little shabby from outside, but it really has a great offer at a very convenient price, in an amazing location, a 10 minute walk from michigan av. and 3 minutes from the nearest CTA station.

There's nothing "hip" in this hotel, everything is very simple and basic.

But everything works perfectly. The staff is friendly and well disposed.
The rooms are not big or luxurious, but are well equipped (with a big refrigerator and kitchenette), clean and confortable. They offered *free* wi-fi connection in the lobby. The cafeteria is a bit poor on the "looks side", but it offers a nice breakfast, cooked at the moment, for a very nice price (way less then your average starbucks).

Two thumbs up for cass hotel!

Marcello

17  Thank Echo M
Reviewed February 13, 2005

I stayed at the Cass Hotel Feb. 11-13 and I had no problems at all. I got a $59 "Winter Rate" and was smack dab in the middle of everything. At first I was dismayed by how small and plain my room was but then I walked out to see the city. The employees were friendly and helpful and I would recommend this place to anybody. Why spend the extra cash at the fancier hotels when you could spend it three blocks over on the Magnificent Mile?

• Stayed: February 2005
12  Thank Danielle W
Reviewed January 23, 2005

The hotel seems a little bit dingy from the outside.

Although the room was nice, the bathrooms were small and the building seemed rather old and outdated.

For < $60 per night, I know I shouldn't have expected much, but the lobby was a bit ghetto.

Overall, if you are on a TIGHT (and I mean TIGHT) budge, I would recomend. But, I would for sure rather pay the extra money and stay someplace a little nicer.

15  Thank Excursion15331