1,147 results
All reviews rooms are small the magnificent mile free breakfast great location trader joes yogurt two blocks downtown chicago the breakfast area mag mile place to sleep navy pier michigan ave front desk staff walked everywhere an older hotel self park
Reviewed November 25, 2004

We stayed at the Cass Mid November, the location is excellent, just 2 blocks from Michagan Avenue and within walking distance of Navy Pier, Hancock Centre etc. The hotel has a dorm feel to it, Reception is very bare and un welcoming, they mixed our booking up and gave us (2 guys) a small double room, we asked to be moved but they would not budge and after 2 days (of a 4 day stay) we had to accept it. The room we were in was a bit dingy and had stained carpeting and lampshade. Towels in the bathroom were scratchy and small, the cafe is only open in the morning so when you arrive after a long flight you have to then venture out to find something to eat. The Sea of Happiness bar is ok, Laura the bartender was very friendly and the Beer extremely reasonable. I would recommend this hotel for a stopover of if you are on a tight budget but next time I would prefer to pay the extra and stay somewhere confortable - and with friendly staff!

8  Thank rickwal
Reviewed November 17, 2004

Well I said that I'd be back in my first review of the Cass dated Oct 22nd 2003. I stayed at the hotel for the week 8 to 15 Nov this year.

Once again it was excellent value for money. The staff were very friendly and helpful and there's now access to WiFi in the cafe . You can eat breakfast and surf The Net at the same time !

The room was again spotless as was the bathroom and once again I had a mini Fridge to keep all those munchies fresh. Jewel Osco supermarket is just around the corner as is a red line El' stop.

I'll be back for a third visit next year !

• Stayed: November 2004
17  Thank McGuinty
Reviewed November 1, 2004

I will NEVER pay $150 plus for a room in downtown Chicago again. The Cass Hotel is in a great location, just a short walk from Michigan Avenue shopping, at maybe half the price of most downtown hotels. This is not a luxury hotel but our room was clean and suited our needs, a clean place to sleep and shower! We stopped off in the hotel bar, "Captain George's Sea of Happiness Lounge" (what a great name) downstairs and had a drink. A small, no frills place with a good jukebox and Laura the bartender took good care of us. The front desk staff was VERY friendly and I would recommend the Cass Hotel to anyone. Especially those who don't want to spend a lot of money. You can park your car at the parking garage next door and have your ticket validated at the Cass front desk. Discounted rate of $19 a day but we paid $35 a day for parking at another downtown hotel. The Cass is close to so many stores (you can see Nordstrom from the hotel) and restaurants and there are 2 Redline El stops within a short walking distance if you want to venture outside of downtown. I wished I would have known about the Cass Hotel before blowing all kinds of money on big name, big price Chicago hotels. My experience at the Cass was excellent and I have already booked a room for my next visit to Chicago.

• Stayed: January 2005
12  Thank kerry-okie
Reviewed October 27, 2004

It has no ammenities and looks a little sketchy when you first enter but the rooms were immaculate and the location is prime. Don't be scared off this place will work nicely if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: January 2005
6  Thank Vacation15250
Reviewed September 12, 2004

After reading the reveiws for the Cass Hotel, I was a little worried that we were going to stay in some kind of crack den, bum hotel with cockroaches the size of small dogs.....far from it....the room was clean, spacious and bath was recently updated. Was it the Drake or the Four Seasons, no, but for the price it was perfect...the location was close to everything and i will stay there again. As for the itchy towels, ours were big, clean and fluffy. If you are a big snob, go to the Drake, we won't miss you at the Cass.

8  Thank Relax30809