“Great value!”

Best Western River North Hotel
Ranked #91 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Had a good 2 night stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and nice. Pool was also very nice and warm. The location of this hotel is great, many great restaurants within 1 to 2 blocks. We did not take advantage of the free parking; however, that is a huge plus in downtown chicago! The hallway and elevators could use an update. Overall we had a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
RiverNorthHotel, Manager at Best Western River North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you very much for the kind review. We appreciate the compliments about our location and services. We look forward to your next visit!

Marketing Mgr.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,360)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Nice rooms, just what was needed to get a good rest, in a good location for a good value. Pleasant staff, people were very helpful, easy to navigate the area. I have stayed here before and I will certainly be back in the future.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope your next trip to Chicago we'll be able to be a part of too.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Every year, for several years, my pastor and his family have stayed at Best Western, River North (BWRN) whenever they would visit Chicago. When I stayed here for the first time last month, it was clear to me why this hotel was #1 for him and why it would soon be for me. The evening employee at the front desk, Jonathan, was a breath of fresh air in the busy, big city. He was especially helpful, but there were actually many reasons why I liked BWRN. Professionalism. Cleanliness. Friendliness. Value. And, Location. Location. Location.

This month, when returning to Chicago to take my daughter back to Moody Bible Institute, I decided to take along the whole family. Without hesitation, I called and talked to Nikita to make reservations for our family of six to stay at BWRN, January 4th through January 6th. Nikita helped me to find the best room for the best price. Period. I was very surprised...and excited. It was well within our budget, and I didn't even have to go searching online.

The room was spacious and clean, and included a refrigerator, sofa bed and free Wi-Fi. The children very much enjoyed the indoor pool, evem though we couldn't go out to enjoy the rooftop patio. (Did I mention that it was 0° or less - mostly less - for most of our stay?) Everyone enjoyed the delicious breakfast, served each morning at the family-owned restaurant next door. We very much appreciated the free parking, which is seldom available at other city hotels. And, again, the staff members, at all levels, carried themselves in a very professional, yet caring, manner. And, finally, did I mention how much we liked the location? Several stores and eateries are within walking distance, as is the "L" and the bus. Taxis are always available, as well. Best of all, my daughter's school is only a few blocks away.

We were planning to leave on January 6th, but because of the freezing cold temperatures in Chicago and school cancellations back home, we decided to stay an extra day, mostly inside, especially since one of the kids didn't feel well. When I asked the morning employee, Stephanie, about this possibility, she made the arrangements right away. At the time, I also mentioned that we were having a small issue with one of the beds. She wanted to take care of it right away and therefore offered us a room upgrade so that they wouldn't disturb us.

On January 7th, we checked out of our hotel room, feeling refreshed and satisfied, especially after our hearty breakfast. 3 teenagers, 2 parents and 1 "tweenager" all agreed that we would definitely stay there again and again, if given the opportunity.

And, now for the rest of the story...on our way home, I realized that I had left my small, gold hoop earrings near the bathroom sink. I called the hotel soon after my discovery and was told that they would look into the matter. Although they did not immediately find the earrings - the speckled sink counter made it challenging, to be sure - a subsequent search did finally produce my lost treasure.

BWRN's location, price and amenities make it a great first choice for lodging in Chicago, but the employees there are the real blessing. Hardworking, dedicated and kind, they truly make this the warmest place on earth on even the coldest of days. ~ B. Shaub, Ohio

• Stayed: January 2014

Ms. Shaub, thank you - truly - for your heartfelt review! We are so glad that our staff, including Jonathan, Stephanie, and Nikita, could all prove so helpful and accommodating. This is exactly the kind of customer service we strive for and we love to hear the difference that it makes to our guests.

We're glad you enjoyed a very comfortable, convenient stay despite the extreme weather conditions. We'd love to have you back anytime and we look forward to that day. Take care!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here one night and it was nice. The free parking was great. I choose this hotel because we were in town to go to the Museum of Science and Industry. It wasn't far from the museum which was nice and the Rainforest Café was right on the corner, also a McDonalds right across the street. Our room was very affordable for staying in Chicago I thought. The room was clean and everything worked great. The pool was nice, it wasn't freezing so we were happy with that. Figuring out the separate elevators to get to different areas was a little confusing at first but not bad once you get it down. The staff I dealt with were very friendly and polite and check-in was very easy. We would stay here again.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Staff were helpful and nice, the free parking is a big plus, breakfast was very good, the room was poorly decorated but was fine. However, the amount of dirty and dust on the floor was disgusting! That made me think about the overall cleanness of the room...

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you writing a review. We're glad you enjoyed much of your stay but we're sorry that you had an issue with your room. Oversights are possible and I encourage you to simply alert staff of such an incident if it should arise during a future stay, and we'd be happy to rectify it for you.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great location with exceptional concierge for museum ideas and restaurants. Little over priced for NYE without warning but otherwise excellent. Located just two blocks from magnificent mile. Adult and three children stay. Pool was a plus. Free parking was a huge plus...

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
RiverNorthHotel, Manager at Best Western River North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for the positive review. It's true that rates fluctuate depending on demand but we're glad that you nevertheless enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again next time.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

A group of us stayed at this hotel back in November while we were in town for the weekend. I choose this hotel because Chicago is about 6 hours from where I live (flying or driving are options), and it offers free, underground parking. We decided to stay here and drove because it was much cheaper than booking an airline ticket at the time. I thought the location was great. It was extremely easy to navigate to from 94, since there is an Ohio Street exit that leads you right to the property. Access back onto 94 was just as easy. The rooms were fine, we thought the bed was comfy with cozy linens. No mini fridge, but we knew that ahead of time and packed a cooler. But, overall it was very clean and the heat/air/hot water worked great. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. I had a package delivered and there were no issues. We also ordered room service for breakfast one day and everything was delivered hot and on-time. Staff at the attached restaurant/bar were also very pleasant. The layout of the hotel is a little different, since there are 2 different towers, and separate access and elevators to each. We ended up being in the tower were you had to go outside to the parking garage to access the elevator. No biggie since we drove, so the elevators were right by our parking spot.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again. You just can't beat the value for downtown Chicago.

Room Tip: Request rooms on the west side. This is where the pool, fitness center and lobby are located. It'...