“Not that good”

Best Western River North Hotel
Ranked #99 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Service was rude, the lay out of the rooms weird, elevators confusing!! Noisy room, very small. All the vending machines were empty of water and most were just broke!! No one at front desk to help. Besides being close to everything it was a pretty negative hotel and we ended up moving to another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
RiverNorthHotel, Manager at Best Western River North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of us. We really do appreciate the feedback. On behalf of our entire team I want to sincerely apologize for the problems during your stay. We never want guests to feel that they are unwelcome or uncared for by our staff in any way, and we don't want our services to fall short, such as with the vending machines. I hope you will give us another opportunity to meet your expectations as I promise our own standards for customer care are much higher.

Samuel
Marketing Mgr.

There are newer reviews for Best Western River North Hotel

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I was in town for business. I can't say this too many times FREE PARKING!! It is not easy to find in Chicago! I have paid in excess of $30 a day on other visits. Yes this is an older property with the quirks (older decor etc) but it is clean. The rate was very reasonable, the staff was friendly and helpful. It was very easy to just leave my car in the secure free parking and go to work and explore the city. There are plenty of good restaurants near by. Michigan Ave is just a few blocks away.

Room Tip: I asked for a room in the front. I did not want to back up to an alley etc.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at the River North Best Western with my wife and 2 daughters (8 and 5) recently. Our stay there was fantastic! Clean, updated rooms were very nice, hotel staff was very kind and helpful. With good rates and FREE PARKING the choice of a hotel in Downtown Chicago is a no brainer for me from now on. I will be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

AC unit was noisier than most but not bad. I liked the free parking-no surprises and easy to use. The pool was great but no hot tub which was a bit of a surprise. The room was extremely large and worked great. Overall I was extremely impressed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for writing a review of us. We're very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and we thank you for the compliments. We hope to serve you again the next time you're in Chicago.

Samuel
Marketing Mgr.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Super thin walls -LOUD garbage truck outside our window two nights in a row at 5 am for 15 minutes taking care of Best WEsterns garbage (room 323). Manager Michelle didn't seem to care about how terrible our stay was. Took housekeeping 45 mins to bring towels to pool area. Air conditioner sounds like a JET all night long in the room. Take EAR PLUGS if you have to stay here you hear EVERYTHING- not that cheap when you consider you don't get any sleep while there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My stay at the Best Western River North Hotel in Chicago was great! The hotel personnel (including valet and restaurant) was very friendly and helpful. They offered professional service upon request. My room was comfortably large and everything i needed was made available. The hotel location is close to the heart of the city with walking access to most tourist sights. Valet parking is available and the restaurant in the hotel very convenient. Although this hotel is not considered a 5 star hotel, I found that it exceeded my expectations. I will return for sure!

Room Tip: Corner suites are very large and will give you a "home like" feel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel was in a great location, walking distance to most attractions in chicago, close to a supermarket and also great bars and restaurants. The price was cheap so I didn't expect much, so when the hotel was quite lovely I was pleasantly surprised. I would recommend this hotel to all travellers heading to Chicago.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends