“Good location”

Ranked #76 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
UK
“Good location”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed here on the last night of our recent trip, it is a good hotel in a good location. Very comfortable room, we had a junior suite which was an unexpected upgrade on what I had booked so this was a nice surprise. Close to bars, restaurants, shops and everything you would want to experience on a trip to this fantastic city.

My only minor issue was that the room was quite hot and I was unable to adjust the air conditioning temperature as I couldn't find any instructions on how to do it but overall this is a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NYHel
Sean C, General Manager at The Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear NYHel,

Thank you for your most recent review of the Whitehall Hotel. I was happy to see that you enjoyed your room upgrade while you were here. The junior suite is a fantastic room and I was glad to see the staff upgraded you so that your stay would be even more enjoyable. I do apologize for the A/C issue you encountered during your stay and will certainly have our engineering team look into the issue. I may be a simple fix of posting instructions in the room on how to adjust.

Thank you again for choosing the Whitehall for your stay and I hope that you continue to stay with us when in Chicago.

The Whitehall Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I strongly recommend this hotel for location, nightlife, restaurants, close to mass transit and close to spectacular views. In addition, the staff was extremely helpful, efficient and very professional. It was also more quaint and charming than the big name hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors and on the west side are quieter and have better views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Linda B
Sean C, General Manager at The Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Linda B,

I was happy to see that you really enjoyed your stay here at the Whitehall. You could not have said it better and there really isn't a better location to be at in Chicago. I was also glad to see that the staff took such good care of you while you were here. It is a wonderful staff that truly wants our guests to enjoy their stay. I will be sure to pass along your comments about your stay.

Thank you for your wonderful comments and I hope you continue to choose the Whitehall for your future accommodations.

South Bend,IN
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were in Chicago for a wedding. We had dinner at the Italian Restaurant in the hotel. It was very good. It is very conveniently located to shopping, restaurants, public transportation, and entertainment. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was quite comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ArthurinIndiana
Sean C, General Manager at The Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear ArthurinIndiana,

Thank you for your kind comments in your review of the Whitehall. I was glad to see that you were able to enjoy a meal at Fornetto Mei during your visit. I think the food is some of the best Italian food in Chicago and that is saying a lot in this city. I was also happy to see that the staff took great care of you while you were here. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the entire staff as well as to thank them for taking such great care of our guests.

Thank you for choosing the Whitehall and I hope you continue to stay at the Whitehall when you are in Chicago.

Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Great spot in Chicago with a lot of shopping and eateries in walking distance. The staff is super professional and the rooms were clean and comfortable with a newspaper awaiting every morning. Ideal for a businessman, or a single or couple always on the go in the great town of Chicago.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank mvjones
Dear mvjones,

Thank you for your wonderful comments in your most recent review of the Whitehall hotel. I was very happy to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay here at the Whitehall. I couldn't agree more that the hotel is the ideal location to be at when in Chicago. I was also glad to see that the staff took wonderful care of you while were here. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the entire staff of the hotel.

Thank you again for choosing the Whitehall and I do hope you come and visit with us again!

Ottawa, Illinois
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My twelve year old daughter and I stay in Chicago often. She chose the Whitehall this time being she loves the older quaint hotels! We stayed for two nights and three days in a Junior Suite. Purpose of our visit was just to get away and relax! The view was fine but who stays in their room during the day anyway. The view at night with all the lights from the other buildings made up for the daytime view. Stayed on the 17th floor and our room was very clean and comfortable. We were by the elevator but didn't seem to even notice any noise at all. The staff went above and beyond from the time we arrived till the time we left! We had lunch one day at the hotels Mei's Corner....excellent fresh food and great service from Sara. We also had dinner both nights Fornetto Mei...stricked orders from my daughter whom is picky eater but loved Whitehall food after our first nights stay. Enjoyed our stay....Pamela, Toni, Sara, and Patricia are just a few of the wonderful staff and because of the wonderful staff....we will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mzdaisysdiamonds
Sean C, General Manager at The Whitehall Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear mzdaisysdiamonds,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay at the Whitehall. I was glad that both you are your daughter were pleased with the stay and I am certainly glad that she chose our hotel for the stay. I was also happy to see that the staff took such wonderful care of you both. Everyone from the restaurant to the front desk looks to take care of our guests and I am proud to have them on staff. I will be sure to pass your comments to the entire staff with a special mention to the staff members you highlighted.

Thank you again for staying with us. I hope that we will continue to delight and take care of you during your future stays with us.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2014

this hotel is great. Its walking distance from everything and has a very very long history. The lobby is small but the staff makes up for it. The rooms are decent and the price is better. I am told that a Wesley Snipes is often here. I missed him by 1 day. A very nice hotel with great accommodations for little money.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Eric D
Dear Eric D,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay here at the Whitehall. I was glad to see that you did not forget about us being here. Hopefully with stays like yours it will not be a secret gem for long! I was glad to hear that the staff took great care of you. It is a wonderful staff that thrives on ensuring guest satisfaction. I will be sure to pass along your comments.

Thank you for choosing the Whitehall and we hope we see you in the near future at the Whitehall.

Canada
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel is excellent! We had a room on the 15th floor with a King size bed and it was absolutely wonderful. Spacious, comfortable, and incredibly clean. The bedding and linens were lovely. It would have been nice to have had a coffee maker in the room but they did have free coffee downstairs so that's okay.
Yes, the elevator is old and small, as I had read in other reviews but we thought it added to the charm of the place.
The hotel had free wi-fi which was very nice. Rooms have a beautiful flatscreen television.
The location was excellent. Really close to the John Hancock Building and Michigan Avenue. Lots of restaurants and shops within easy walking distance. Also easy to just walk to the River and/or Navy Pier.
Lastly, the staff were so friendly and accommodating. They set us up with a river cruise and were always available for assistance. The doormen and valet guys were happy and helpful as well. There was a great vibe here.
Would definitely stay here again and will be recommending it to my friends who are planning trips to Chicago this summer.

Room Tip: I would suggest higher floors are better. Also ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank waterwing
Dear waterwing,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay at the Whitehall. We could not be happier that you enjoyed the space of the room, the bedding as well as the cleanliness of your room. I was also happy to see that the staff took great care of you while you were here. I will be sure to pass your comments along to the entire team. I would have to agree that this hotel could not be in a better location.

Thank you for choosing the Whitehall and I do hope you come back to visit us in the future. We are confident that you will enjoy each and every stay with us.