3,684 results
All reviews rooftop bar great location gino's pizza michigan avenue northwestern hospital magnificent mile mag mile water tower junior suite hancock tower navy pier would definitely stay here again great rate boutique hotel street noise valet parking two blocks
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Front desk staff in the evening were extremely rude and unhelpful with simple requests. I felt like they were bothered by me asking questions about the area and about needing extra water for my room. Location is good, but I paid a lot to stay here and I would not recommend. I will never stay in Cambria again. Also, they have a massive labor dispute with Chicago hotel workers. Apparently, Cambria is the only hotel not to settle the dispute - every other Chicago hotel has.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Choice Hotels
Ben H, Asistant General Manager at Cambria Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. We do apologize that we fell short of your expectations. I have forwarded your review to our front desk manager as this is not the typical service that we provide. We do hope that you do give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stayed for a business conference that was being held at a nearby Hotel. Cost was signifcantly lower than conference Hotel and Room was just as nice if not nicer. Hotel was much smaller and that was nice, because less crowds.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Choice Hotels
Reviewed June 11, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here at the start of our road trip down to New Orleans at the end of May. The hotel has got the best location. Right off the Magnificent Mile and within very manageable walking distance to all that you could wish to see in Chicago. The rooms are great. Very spacious, clean and tidy. We had a great view of the 360 tower from our room on the 25th floor. This is an ideal hotel for anyone visiting Chicago. The only downside I would add to this and it is minor was that the breakfast offering was a bit stingy for the price. Ours was included as part of our trip so we didn’t pay but certainly wouldn’t have paid for it. The only seating area in which to have your breakfast is in the main hotel lobby as well so that didn’t really sell it to us either. We did have our breakfast with the accompanying racket of the picket line outside most mornings as well.
Sorry, another very minor gripe is only 2 lifts to service floors 7-29 made for quite a long wait for one to arrive.
Overall a great stay though and I would recommend.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Ben H, Assistan General Manager at Cambria Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we do have great locations and our rooms are spacious. We will be sure to share this review with our team. We will see you next time.

Reviewed June 10, 2019

Although I was not a guest at the Cambria Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile, I was helped by Dayna (at the reception desk) to get accommodation at another hotel. She walked the extra mile calling multiple times to the reception desk of the other hotel and patiently waited on hold until got somebody to answer. She offered emergency accommodation at the Cambria Hotel in case the other option had not worked. Interestingly, the next day I overheard colleagues of mine sharing their excellent opinion about this hotel. Apparently, my experience was not accidental and Dayna and her colleagues are taking customer care at heart.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Ben H, Assistant General Manager at Cambria Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Thank you for you feedback in regards to your stay with us. We do think that Dayna is great and are pleased that she went above beyond during your stay. We will be sure to share this review with her along with the entire hotel. We hope to see you on your next stay.

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Some employees of this hotel have been on strike since September 2018, they have been continuously picketing out front of the hotel, the chant, block the front door, and bang a drum starting early in the morning.
I unfortunately need to have a package delivered to me during my stay, even more unfortunately it was time sensitive, due to the strike UPS would not deliver my package, and I would only be able to retrieve it from UPS after my deadline had passed, you would have thought this is A: something they should have mentioned to me when I called the hotel to let them know that I’d have a UPS package arriving, and B: you’d think UPS would know that they won’t deliver to this address.
Beyond that the hotel was only okay, the staff wasn’t very friendly or helpful, the rooms weren’t that nice, and the HVAC unit was louder than hell.
Overall an extremely disappointing stay, and another hotel on my black list.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Ben H, Asistant General Manager at Cambria Hotel Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2019

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. We apologize in regards to the ongoing strike and the issues with UPS. We also, will be looking into the service opportunities as this is not eh type of service that we pride ourselves in. We hope that you do give us another opportunity in the future.