“Perfect location, Great Staff”

Cambria Hotel & Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #72 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located in the middle of the Magnificent Mile where there are many shopping and dining options nearby. It's about 15 minutes walk from the subway station (I emailed the hotel prior to arrival and promptly received a very detailed email giving me directions from the station), and the neighbourhood was quite safe.

The hotel must have had a recent update as the lobby and rooms were very modern, both very clean. The check-in staff was very friendly and check-in process was very quick without any hassles. The room was quite spacious for big city hotels, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The only downsides where that ice machine was only available at certain floors, and the wifi signal in my room was quite poor, possibly due to the room location.

Overall I had a great stay at the MileNorth, and I would recommend it to anyone visiting Chicago. Make sure you also check out Nordstrom Rack for some incredible bargains!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,430)

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

If you're in Chicago and find good enough hotel whether for business for holiday, Mile North will do.

It's located just round the corner of Michigan ave. Just behind Disney Store and 1 block away from Apple stores. Hershey store, Ghiralldeli, Cheese factory, John Hancock building just 5-10 min walk away..

However the room is relatively small and no breakfast, eventhough there's Starbuck counter downstair.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
GregStaley, Director of Sales at Cambria Hotel & Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hello,

I wanted to apologize that your stay with us was not ideal. I am sorry that our breakfast options were not more clear, as our restaurant, Ferris & Jack, is open daily for Breakfast starting at 7am. We do offer our Barista bar with Starbucks and "grab & go" breakfast options. Please visit our website to see more Ferris & Jack offerings (http://www.milenorthhotel.com/dining/downtown-chicago-restaurants). I hope you visit us again soon and would like to offer you a $25 gift card to use at Ferris & Jack upon your return. Please let me know when your next stay is and I will be happy to arrange this.

Warm Regards,

Greg Staley | Director of Sales & Marketing
MileNorth Hotel | 166 East Superior | Chicago, IL 60611
Office 312-523-0909 | Email: gstaley@destinationhotels.com

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at the Mile North for the first time. We had a nice quiet, spacious room on the 22nd floor street side. The hotel was clean and very accommodating staff. Everyone was friendly.
They have a restaurant in the hotel, as well as a lobby bar...we didn't get a chance to eat there.
The location of the hotel is 1 block off of Michigan and we took the subway in from O'Hare...the red line is a short walk which was very convenient. I would recommend this hotel due to the cleanliness, employees, and the location.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Spent a girls weekend here. Everything was great but the standout was the service. From the maids when we asked for extra towels to the Manager helping us find fitness classes and massages, every person we encountered went the distance. I would go back in a second!

Room Tip: We got a loft suite. It was not huge but was super comfortable
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Booked 3 nights. They had attractive rates, and we liked the location. Here's the good things first:

Excellent location, in the middle of Magnificient Mile. We were able to walk everywhere, all the way down to the loop and back, no problem.

The loft suite we got was great, good size, nice layout.
We got a high floor, but it didn't matter much, as there are taller buildings all around so not much of a view.

All the staff we met were marvelous. From bell hop, to check in, to check out.

Here's the not-so-good:
The cleanliness of the washroom was just short. First day there was a slight 'smell', like maybe the mop they used wasn't very clean. Not a major problem, so we didn't reported it, and certainly didn't want to change rooms once we unpacked. It got better on the 2nd and 3rd night.

Also, the cleaners let the toilet paper run low and didn't change the roll nor provide an extra roll. By the 3rd day we were out! Had to use the facial tissue, or else would have had to call for help! I've never seen such carelessness in all the hotels I've stayed at.

The bed was terrible, it sank in the middle. We had a terrible sleep on the 1st night, and got used to it gradually the following nights. We figured this was one thing they didn't upgrade in their renovations, so again just decided to live with it. Wasn't until we moved to the next hotel, the Hyatt Place in Naperville, that we realized how bad the bed here was (Yes, the Hyatt House was EXCELLENT. See my review).

Lots of good things going for this hotel, and I would recommend it, especially if you find a good rate. The cleaning staff, well, You go to the next floor and it may be a differnet experience, so not a big deal. But the bed is a high priority item in my book, and because they didn't do well in that, I could only give it a 3 star. I don't believe the Expedia rating of 4 stars for this hotel is quite right either. Perhaps a 3.5 in my opinion.

Room Tip: High Floor not very important. The Queen Suite Loft is good size and good layout.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was really impressed with this hotel from top to bottom. Service, rooms, and amenities were all great. The location is perfect for any shopping trips being so close to the Mag Mile and the Water Tower. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to be downtown close to the shopping.

Room Tip: Go for a room up high to reduce downtown street noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed there on business and like the place alot. Comfortable room and an excellent location one half block off of Miracle Mile with great shopping .Rooms were clean and good size, the Wi-Fi worked fine.Safe are and friendly staff. A good experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business