“Excellent Chicago Hotel!!”

Ranked #76 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Killeen, Texas
“Excellent Chicago Hotel!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel has great service! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted with warm inviting smiles from the front desk staff & the front door man immediately took our luggage. The only hiccup we had was with our room request, but they quickly made changes and even allowed us to sit at the bar and gave us a complimentary appetizer & 2 drinks while we waited. The staff is super friendly. In particular, the front door man named Victor & the barista/bartender Jorge were especially wonderful & helpful. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone visiting Chicago. The locatio is very central to everything. There is a Wal-Greens righr around the corner, Gino's East deep dish pizzeria is right next door, the Mag Mile is literally up the corner, plenty of restaurants within walking distance and also a hosiptal across the street! I wll definitely be staying here again when I return back to Chicago.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
england
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Ok ...we had a couple of days in Chicago if your going to do the same at anytime please give this place a look...so lets start with 'check in' Efficient, friendly,helpfull,and just nicely chatty,you know what i mean? In a word...fantastic...the room, ok so not the best view in the world, but it had everything you would need for a 3 night stay..plenty of towels and complementary things...no i didn't steal any..!!! (i should of though, it was good stuff!!!!!) The bar was great they would serve you beer in a Mason Glass if you wanted..i loved it. Now Victor...every hotel in the world needs a Victor..!! This guy put the icing on our Chicago trip. He was/is the worlds best doorman. I just loved him,polite,funny,cheeky,friendly,knowledgable and above all JUST the nicest guy in the world. The MileNorthI i hope really appreciate Victor. a true one in a million. So, not just to see Victor again, but i would and will use this hotel again. A clean, friendly and ready to help hotel if you want it in a nutshell...! That's the good things...the only not so good thing is it cost a fortune to use the Business Centre computer in the hotel,unless your printing off a boarding card for you flight home. Not a major, thing all i'm saying is there might be somewhere else you can look things up on the WWW.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Irvine, California
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed at this property before when it was Affinia so when I booked my July trip to Chicago, I didn't know much about the name change. When I arrived, I was so pleasantly surprised that a huge renovation had taken place.

The lobby is super inviting, eclectic and fun. There is a really great restaurant attache that is set up in the lobby as a bar and cafe. There are high bar tables where you can sit with your laptop as well as loungers in the foyer. A long flame "fireplace" creates a cool ambiance along with funky wire barstools at the high tables. Check out the rooftop and have a nightcap while watching the lights of this beautiful city at night. You'll be more than conveniently located to everything fun. Hancock observatory, Navy Pier, Michigan Ave. and the famous Gino's pizza is next door.

I was in Chicago for work and never had a problem getting taxis right out front. I met the maintenance man Eduardo on one day of my stay and he was so wonderful, telling me while we rode up in the elevator, "Let me know if there is anything you need!" The front desk staff was also very helpful as I needed a later checkout to accommodate a last minute business meeting before heading to ORD.

When I checked my bag so I could scoot over to Neiman Marcus next door for the summer sale, the bellman asked if he could set up my taxi so I'd make it to ORD in time for check in. On my way to the taxi, I got a free appetizer at the restaurant through a Foursquare check in deal on my smart phone.

Now, I've said a lot, but haven't even touched on the room....it was fabulously comfortable. The rooms here feel like suites as they are bi-level and appointed with contemporary furnishings. The toiletries are fabulous. I usually avoid hotel products because they dry my hair and skin out, but these were luxurious. The housecleaning staff arranged my personal toiletries nicely on the countertop so I'd feel like a queen when coming back to the room ready to relax. There is a separate vanity area for doing hair and makeup and the over sink mirror is a generous size with gorgeous lighting. I was really happy to see all the channels available on the cable tv as well. Many hotels skip popular channels, but this system had HBO, Bravo, etc.

I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely make MileNorth my choice when in Chicago from now on. I just hope it doesn't get too pricey in the future as it gains popularity because I found it to be a very affordable deal and would hate to miss out if it surpasses my budget for future trips to one of my favorite cities!

I chatted with the bartender as he made up my appetizer for the road and he told me the new owners also manage an absolutely gorgeous resort in CA that I'm familiar with - Terranea. MileNorth is apparently their first urban hotel venture and so far, they've done a beautiful job.

Room Tip: Rooms looking toward Superior have a great view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Greg S, Director of Marketing at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Courtney C,
Thank you so much for your great comments! We are very proud of our new MileNorth and so pleased that you enjoyed your experience. Also, thank you for checking in on Foursquare. We are anxious to spread the word about all the hotel has to offer and we appreciate your endorsement very much.

We hope to see you back again soon!
St.Clair
Reviewed July 18, 2013

It was a nice stay. They did say it was a 15 minute walk to the Navy Pier but it was more like 30. We did get discounts if we purchased trolley tickets with them. They don't have a ice machine so they bring you a bucket for free. We got free breakfast for the first 2 nights of stay. Good feature.it was a nice stay. They have no pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Mile North is certainly a value for money - deal. I checked in on 15th July and was elated to know that I had got a room upgrade free of any extra charge. The room was amazing with a king size bed, couches/sofa , an amazingly cool executive style office desk with and ""spic and span" bathroom. With all this the icing on the cake is the amazing Chicago view from my hotel room.
But I had some problem with the wifi connectivity in my room and since I use the net to work from my hotel room it was an important requisite for me. The next day I requested the front desk about whether it would be possible to give me another room as the one I had from the upgrade and they did it right away!! - with no extra charge! - you can't ask for more!
Amazing location , awesome service, awesome rooms!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This is an average hotel in a city with many great hotels. We travel to Chicago quite frequently. This time, my 9 month old daughter and I decided to accompany my husband on a business trip. He booked this hotel as it was a block away from where he needed to be for work. We arrived early Sunday as we had stayed the weekend with my in-laws in the suburbs and wanted to have a full day downtown before he had to work Monday. We intended to store our bags until check in time, but they had a room ready. We had booked a King studio but were told this King guest room available was basically identical (doubt this was the case). When we got to the room, I tried to open the window shade to no avail (damaged and broken). Some lights were also out. This gave the room a dungeon-like feel. We called the front desk and were told we'd have to wait to get into another room. That was fine with us so we lugged everything back downstairs and headed out for the day. They said they'd call when our room was ready. We never got a call but returned at 4 as it was an hour after check in. We checked back with the front desk and were told our new room was ready and bags had already been delivered. When we got to the room, there were no bags and another broken window shade that would not raise! At this point, the baby desperately needed a nap so no time to switch rooms. The front desk was unapologetic. It's just not that hard to get it right, and we were annoyed. Room was nothing special and service overall seemed apathetic. Great location. Lobby is interesting. Rooftop bar was underwhelming.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank jschuh82
Greg S, Director of Marketing at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear JSchuh82,
Please accept my sincere apology for the experience your encountered during your stay. We have recently completed an extensive renovation, and one of the last finishing touches is replacement of our guestroom blinds. That project is nearly complete. However, I am sorry that it adversely affected you and your family. I am also concerned about the miscues by our front desk in resolving your issue and getting your luggage delivered.

Along with our physical renovation, we have a new, recently-appointed management team in place. A foundation of service excellence is at the core of our culture, and while we hear a great deal of positive feedback, we clearly missed with you. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to show you what we're really all about by inviting you back. Please consider reaching out to me at gstaley@destinationhotels.com to discuss this further. I look forward to this opportunity.

Sincerely
Greg Staley
Director of Marketing
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed at MileNorth for a long weekend while in town to watch a Cards/Cubs game. Our group included three couples. The hotel was fantastic and we were able to get a great rate for this location. You can't ask for a better location as a hub to do all that Chicago has to offer. Just off of Michigan Ave for great shopping and walking distance to anywhere downtown you want to go. A short walk to the red line for our trip to Wrigley. The staff was great and even upgraded two of the rooms since the original rooms weren't ready at check in time. There is a nice little cafe in the lobby which was a perfect start to our days.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends