“Good Location and nice room”

Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #76 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
St. Louis Mo
“Good Location and nice room”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed 12/13 - 12/16 with Priceline rate. As others have said, the location was perfect, a block from Michigan, 2 blocks from L and Rush Street. The staff was very nice. I had heard the noise complaints and asked for a room high up and were put on the 20th floor. We could still hear sirens (especially during the day) from the hospital next door, but minimal noise from the neighbors on our floor. We were in a corner room, and had no complaints about the room itself. We did not eat in restaurant, it looked good but expensive. We did go to the small rooftop bar, which was very nice, but the $9 beer was a little more than was in our budget. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Look on Priceline and Hotwire, they have rooms on sale a lot.
1 Thank pjsltk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Palos Heights, IL
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed overnight for our anniversary, and when we mentioned this to the desk manager, he upgraded our room to a king suite! Fantastic room, quiet, luxurious, beautifully appointed and modern. We had a great time.

Room Tip: upper floors are great.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Heidi E, Director of Sales at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Coconutfan,

Thank you for taking time to post your review of MileNorth. We're thrilled you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back to celebrate your anniverary with us again next year!

Kind regards,
Heidi Edinger, CMP, CASE
Director of Sales & Marketing
Allegan, Michigan, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The location is GREAT! Walking distance within everything (that is if you dont mind walking 2 miles in some cases and its not winter!)...that is probably the best part about the hotel, but there are also several million more hotels in the same general location....
Our stay was fine, no problems- staff were fine, room was fine, just nothing was outright fantastic to review about...all marks satisfactory. Yes the window did leak severely, but they are improving the building, so they know about it and its in the works-cant write badly about something they are working on fixing! (read a lot of reviews criticizing this)
Parking is ridiculous...we got a fantastic rate on priceline.com and nearly paid as much as we did in parking fees as we did for our weekend stay. I did read in another review parking is $5 cheaper in the garage across the street for the hospital, but you do not have in and out privileges so it will be actually more expensive if you take your car somewhere and come back to park it because anything over like 4 hours is a flat rate of $47 and the rates below 4 hours are astronomical anyways, so if you do stay, cough up the extra $5 and use the hotel's valet parking!
No pool and no complimentary breakfast to review

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I like the location and decoration. But the room condition was pretty poor. It was really noisy during night, you can hear all kind of noise like fans, toilet flushing from next door, people talking in front of the elevator...and the tap was leaking. I could not sleep at all. The room supposed to be new, however it lost several spots of paint. It looked very cheap.

The worst experience was the next day. One of the elevator was broken during the night, it was broken before 10pm. However they could not fixed until later next day. I had an appointment at 10 am. I waited 30 minutes to get in the elevator. I was with my baby and his stroller, and my room was on 12 floor. It was totally impossible for us to climb down 12 floors by using steps. The elevator stopped 4 times, up and down, all full. And I missed my appointment.

I called the front desk. The lady was pretty rude. She apologized first of course, then told me to wait.

I have to say I am very disappointed. I know I cannot blame any person or staff for the broken elevator. But the room, and the poor effort they should have make to fix the elevator disappointed me. I don't believe it has to take them over 12 hours to fix the elevator, and I felt I was mistreated.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rain G
Frank L, General Manager at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Rain G:

On behalf of our staff here at MileNorth, please accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you had during your recent stay with us. I would appreciate the opportunity to personally speak with at your convenience.
Please contact me here at the hotel or let me know the best way to contact you.

Best regards,

Frank Leone
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The hotel is perfectly located for sight seeing, shopping and is close to the many restaurants in Rush St. The staff were all very friendly, the reception staff were so helpful they offered advice on places to visit and were able to give us a discount when booking a bus sight seeing tour. We always got welcomed back to the hotel every evening which I thought was a nice touch.

We had a double room which was very spacious and had everything you'd need - tea/coffe machine, cable TV, in room safe that holds a lap top and a mini bar. The bathroom was huge with a lovely big shower and big mirror that was perfect for us girls and our make up, there was also a number of lighting options in the bathroom from dimmer switches to bright lights, and lights around the mirror. I have to say the beds are so comfy .... so comfy I wanted the bed home.

Ginos East pizzeria is beside the hotel and is definately worth a visit, don't be put off if there is a line waiting to get in as reception staff can give you fast passes to skip the line. A deep pan pizza is a must and well worth the 45 min cooking time ... yummy!! Would also recommend the Cheesecake factory in the Handcock Centre and the Big Bowl chinese on Rush St.

Will definately come back to the MileNorth when I return to Chicago, and will recommend it to family & friends if they were heading to the windy city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Heidi E, Director of Sales at Cambria Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Happy New Year, Suzy H

Thank you for taking time to post your review and I'm thrilled that you had such a great experience with us here at MileNorth. We hope you will come back to see us again soon.

Kind regards,
Heidi Edinger, CMP, CASE
Dir. of Sales & Marketing
nyc
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Dora and Steve were part of the helpful and responsive staff. Great location. Spacious and nicely arranged room. Right off Michigan Avenue and within a comfortable walk of many fine shops and dining options.

Room Tip: Our room was an upgrade (for an additional fee), but was spacious and had a separate working area. A...
Grand Rapids
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Not sure how our suite compared to a standard room from the description in the brochure but it was nicely appointed and spacious. Eleveator service was fast (not always the case in many boutique hotels.
Front desk, Housekeeping staff and concerierge were very friendly and helpful.

I'm not sure if the side of the hotel your room is on makes a difference but the hotel's location next to the Children's Hospital ensured a significant amount of noise from sirens and middle of the night truck deliveries. Staying in downtown Chicago sirens are basically an expectation!

Next visit to downtown Chicago this hotel will be strongly considered.