“Four Seasons, Five Stars!”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed August 18, 2014

My family and I spent three nights this past weekend in Chicago for a lot of R & R. As usual, the Four Seasons Hotel did not disappoint at all. Our room was ready early, and the view from the 43rd floor was spectacular! The small details were not overlooked, and our overall experience was excellent. Everyone was attentive with smiles and great service. The food was excellent, and the new ambiance of Allure restaurant is a staple for this hotel. As my son describes it, "The best experience in a lifetime" Thank you, and we look forward to staying again.

N. Khanna, D.D.S.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Neeraj K,

Thank you so much for the nice note about our hotel and staff. We are so glad to hear that you and your family were able to get some R & R. I am happy to hear that you visited Allium during your stay!

We hope to welcome you and your family back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago for another relaxing weekend!

Reviewed August 18, 2014

In the room, the most important it was the bed, size and confort, combined with fantastic views and style.
Overall hotel interiors are a mix of confort, design and professional environment

Point to improve; the quality of the bacon served in the breakfast

Room Tip: View from the lake
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Fernando A,

Thank you so much for the nice note. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed everything during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the near future.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

In July, my family and I traveled to Chicago in order to spend some time together and for a business function of my husband's. We have stayed at this property and other Four Seasons Hotels before, and have always loved The Four Seasons properties. This trip, we requested an upgrade to our reservation since we were traveling with our children. We were taken care of by Michal Dedera, one of the hotel managers, with the utmost respect, professionalism, and kindness. He not only fulfilled our request but went the extra mile to ensure that we were happy and comfortable for the duration of our stay. Our upgraded suite was exactly what we needed, in addition to being lovely, spacious, clean, and showcasing gorgeous view of downtown Chicago. Michal was attentive to our needs, fulfilling them and then some. The level of customer service he exhibited is rare in today's world and should be applauded.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Annette W,

Thank you so much for the nice notes. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here in Chicago! I am happy to hear that you liked the suite.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the near future.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

… the Four Seasons for its extraordinary performance!! I have written a great review for the Four Seasons before, but will gladly replicate that as THIS property is our ONLY choice when my family and I come to Chicago. Last summer the staff knocked it out of the park for us, and did it yet again this time around. I genuinely commend the staff for their courteousness, friendliness, and paying attention to all the details we have come to love about the Four Seasons.

I’m calling it in to the Academy-- this property is nominated for an Oscar!!

Bravo, bravo!!

Room Tip: Get the view of the lake!!

Dear Christopher A,

Thank you so much for the very nice note. We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your trips to Chicago.

We are excited to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago again soon!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

The three of us stayed here in August. We had a good size suite with nice views, and most importantly comfortable bedding. It’s a little odd for a “Brit” to have the arrival on the ground floor and reception on the 7th, but we got used to it. The greeting from the staff and the general level of attention was good; we were made to feel welcome. The swimming pool area was a good size but felt a little tiered. We ate in the main restaurant and bar area were nice, we met with a friend for dinner, the service was good and the food well put together. I would go back for the position alone, right on the main shopping area and good restaurants all around, close to the lakeshore as well.

Dear ThecoopersCheshire,

Thank you for the nice notes. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy that you were able to visit our restaurant and bar while you were here. Thank you for the feedback about our pool area.

Best wishes,

Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband and I had a big splurge when a friend got married here. After having two kids in 14 months we came here when the 2nd was 6 months old. I worked out for 3 months. I talked about it constantly. It was the light at the end of the tunnel as I was nursing two kids, using cloth diapers, making homemade baby food. We checked in and agree to pay $460 and had a great time at the wedding. But at 5am the phone rings. The room is so dark I can't find the phone. I was in such a coma I can't even think about what I'm looking for. Suddenly it dawns on me that NO ONE would call me unless my kids were dead. I'm so panicked by the time I pick up the call I'm screaming. I hear "M'am, it's your 5 o'clock wake up call." Oh my effin God. Are you kidding me? I look forward to sleeping in for 20 months, pay $460 for the privilege and you wake me at 5 am?I knew with the adrenalin coursing through my body I would never get back to sleep and I didn't. I try to talk my husband into checking out late but he won't do it. He doesn't like to be controversial. I explain what happened at checkout and they said "We'll be happy to issue a discount on your next stay with us." Ha, ha, ha, ha!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Kate F

Dear Kate F,

We are terribly sorry for the mistake wake-up call that spoiled your stay with us. We would be delighted to discuss your stay further with you to see if we may reassure your faith in the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago.

We would be honored to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

My wife and I spent two days this week in Chicago and the Four Seasons Hotel. This was for an anniversary trip.

The Four Seasons is outstanding is every respect. Great location and decor. We were upgraded to an amazing room in celebration of the anniversary without us asking. Service was great at front desk , in the bar and restaurant.

The best part of the service is the concierge, especially Karen Farmer. Karen helped us so much in advance of our trip which is very much appreciated. The other concierge staff were fantastic also.

I am a Chicago native so it is always great to get back to the city and the Four Seasons Hotel added to the enjoyment of the trip.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear LABill75225,

I hope that you had a wonderful anniversary celebration! Thank you so much for choosing the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago to celebrate. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel for many more special occasions.