“Four Seasons is a FIVE star!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #8 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
“Four Seasons is a FIVE star!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Best hotel on the gold coast (Near north Side of Chicago) Spa was fantastic-had a fantastic massage. Room Service was fast, friendly and delicious and fresh food (Breakfast). Room overlooking Lake Michigan and the former(?) Playboy building and Hancock Center was Awesome. Every staff member was courteous, always smiling and very helpful. The location was perfect for shopping, dining, running on Lake Shore Drive bike/run path and clubs. Valet Parking and retrieval was a quick few minutes as well. Nothing but the best!!!!

Room Tip: Request the view of the Lake!! AWESOME. Higher floors-i stayed on 41 and it was perfect
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Dear KendallRL,

Thank you so much for the nice notes about our staff. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything during your stay. I am glad that you were able to make time for the spa while you were here.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the near future!

Michele Grosso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

From the friendly and knowledgable front desk staff (Colin and Fiona were on point and went out of their way to make my stay perfection) to the clean and comfortable high class room, to the amazing fitness club and even the room service everything was phenomenal! Thanks for making my stay great, will be back soon!

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Bcat73,

Thank you so much for the nice note. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to visit our spa and fitness area while you were here.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the near future.

Nashville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here during a business trip and it was one of the best hotel experiences we have had. Room was spacious, especially the bathroom (hooks and shelves, thank you!!). Views of water or city. Staff friendly and overly accommodating (replacing towels twice daily?). And overflowed toilet was repaired in 5 minutes flat. Breakfast overpriced, good, but overpriced. Fantastic artwork in lobby.
I left one star because of the bed--way to soft to sleep comfortably and I really implore you hotels to get rid of the duvet. Too heavy and hot. We always request blankets.
Great for walking to lake, shopping museums.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Maymoo,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the nice note about our staff. I appreciate your feedback about the bed, we will note this.

We hope to welcome you and your husband back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago again soon!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Perfect location for walking to all the Mag mile shops and a stroll by the water. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our stay: The check in welcome was great, spectacular views, spectacular service, we were treated like royalty. The room was very luxurious and had a lake view.
I will highly recommend the Four Season's Chicago to enjoy a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Choose a lake view room, it's worth it
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank fanfan W
Dear FanFan W,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed everything during your stay in Chicago. Thank you so much for all of the nice notes.

We would love to opportunity to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the near future!

Bartlett
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I can not give a more awesome review. The best hotel I have ever had. I have stayed at many hotels in the past and this surpasses all of them. We would enjoy staying here on our next trip to Chicago and in other cities as well!!!! Love it

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank Rgilleran
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Rgilleran,

Thank you so much for the nice note. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed everything during you stay.

We are eager to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago!

QATAR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We had coffee and hot chocolate in four-seasons hotel.. Really very classy service one of the best services in Chicago .. I'm really sad that i haven't booked the stay in this hotel .

I also tried the carrots cake very yummi and creative with german chocolate throe the cake instead of the gnash ...

Worth to try it ...

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank QATAR2007
Dear QATAR2007,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are glad that you stopped by for coffee and cake.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the future for another cup of coffee or an overnight stay!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

We just returned, today, from a long weekend in Chicago for my birthday. The Four Seasons was everything we always expect them to be, courteous, accommodating, and helpful, but still managed to go beyond. When we checked in (an interesting arrival-ground floor elevator to 7th floor reception, another elevator to upper rooms) they immediately wished me Happy Birthday. Our room was on the top floor and with a fantastic view of the lake. Our room was a regular room, but very expansive. I don't say expansive for a city hotel, I mean expansive by most standards. Mid afternoon on our second day, after a tiring day out, we were resting up before dinner when a family with small children checked into the suite next to our room. Normally only a small irritation, this time however our room shared one connecting door, not the normal double door configuration, one door. And when I say "connecting" I mean this door could be opened to give the suite an additional room. This door opened into the foyer that connected all the suite rooms. These small children were not curtailed from screaming, running, and what seemed like bouncing off all the doors and walls within their reach. This was not going to do. After 2 hours of this, waiting to hear if the parents were ever going to bring these kids down to normal public levels, we called downstairs and explained the situation. The front desk apologized profusely and promptly moved us 5 floors down with the same view, but no nearby suite of children. The room was laid out differently, but still amazing. We had peace and quiet the rest of our stay.
The hotel brought two different "Happy Birthday" desserts of dark chocolate decadence for me. I'm not sure why two, perhaps they felt bad for my new age, or simply got the days mixed and brought it a day early then had to correct it. Either way…
We had cocktails in the bar downstairs and late evening snacks. The bar is very masculine and dark but inviting and friendly. They have an excellent dessert selection. I highly recommend the banana pudding ice cream.
Michelle in the concierge office was VERY helpful. I called from home to request two dinner reservations. I had two thoughts in mind but let her recommend and take charge. She did great. She made one of the ones I asked about but was unable tO get us into the other. Her suggestion was one of the best meals we've ever eaten. My birthday dinner (her recommendation) greeted me with "Happy Birthday" and knew where we were staying and asked about our stay so far. She sent us confirmation emails, and there were written confirmation reminders and address directions waiting for us on checkin. An asset to the FS. The location of this hotel is fantastic. Easy walk to all the Mag Mile shops, restaurants and blocks from the Red Line stations. We also recommend the short walk in the mornings to the Tempo Diner for breakfast. We utilized the work out room and the spa. All exceptional. This will be a return spot on our next trip for sure.

Room Tip: Lake view a must; higher floor for a better view;
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cristip_2010
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Cristip_2010,

I hope that you had a very happy birthday! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything. I wanted to extend my apologies about the noise problem, I am happy that we were able to resolve this. The banana pudding ice cream is always a favorite of our guests and I am glad you were able to try this!

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago for many more special occasions!