“Amazing Service”

Ranked #5 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Houston, Texas
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is a high quality hotel. I was there for a girls weekend and they took care of everything for us. The hotel is in the PERFECT location for downtown Chicago. You can walk to most resturants and stores. The rooms are clean. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely the place to stay when traveling to Chicago
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Lisa S,

Thank you so much for the nice comments about our hotel! The Four Seasons Hotel Chicago is located in a great spot for shopping, dining, and site seeing, we are glad that you were able to take advantage of this!

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!

Michele Grosso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Well, this entire stay at hotel was a complete disaster and yes the only thing that i want ist to forget it.

I worked as well several years in the luxury hotel industry for Mandarin Oriental and the Kempinski group. I know what i can expect from a 5 star company.
I worked my way very hard up to be able to afford the style of luxury travelling and staying in 5 star hotels.
Each hotelgroup is able to built a fantastic looking hotel. But only a few can achieve the greatnes of a real 5 star hotel. The Four Seasons Chicago hotel isn´t one of those.

I know that this incidet will be passed on to the responsible department heads in the morning meeting or any other meeting.
Maybe you schould consider a different style of aproach. Because the perfect service, cleaness and responsibility is deffinatley not provided.

A „Bulgari“ ring gets stolen in the room, we didnt loose it! Cleaning utilies left behind after service. My shaver remained laying on the floor after dropping while cleaning.
I know the rule, leave all the utilitys on the same place
The staff should follow the quality standarts of the four seasons group.

The entrance as you know, the first, the most important impression of the hotel, unclean, used and discusting. A bad resume.

The concierge was unable to call the flight company for lost and found. There was no follow up, nothing. So whats the concierge service for. Maybe I know from the restaurant suggestion. All restaurants I asked for he just recommended: Those are not special. No reasons given. The recomended restaurant was basic and then at the end a complimentary cake from the concierge. Very special, please be realistic. I think he just sent us there because of the commision he received.

We were not able to take our afternoon tea in the lobby. We get told to move tot he restaurant. Why you have a lobby when you cant use it for relaxing. Even they charged us for condiments, the peanuts. How devastating.

This hotel has the name of the group, you cant cheat your guest and customers who pay for service. This is deffinatley not enough. You should be ashamed .

7 Thank ForgottonHospitality
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear ForgottonHospitality,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were dissatisfied with our Hotel, and offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced when you realized your ring was missing. Despite our search efforts, unfortunately we were not able to locate the missing ring.

Please be assured, I understand your frustration, and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further regarding this matter. You may contact me directly at 312.649.2317 or if you can please provide a phone number and best time to reach you.

I look forward to speaking with you and to regain your trust in us and the Four Seasons brand.

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Love, love, love the Four Seasons-Chicago. The staff was genuinely friendly from the moment we checked in until the moment we checked out. The hotel offers a great location, fabulous views of Chicago's skyline and is only one floor above Bloomingdales and the 900 Shops Mall. The hotel rooms were not super fancy but they were clean and the beds were very comfortable. This hotel is indeed a "family friendly" hotel offering complementary movie rentals and a “kids play room” for their younger guests. We took advantage of the "ice cream man" who comes door to door to deliver made-to-order ice cream sundaes. We also signed the kids up to make their own pizzas with the hotel's sous chef! This hotel went above and beyond to make our stay-cation a memorable one. Our family will definitely be back to visit the Four Season-Chicago again!

Room Tip: Request a room above the 42nd floor for the best views of Chicago's skyline.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear CCParker2014,

We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! I am happy to hear that your family got to make pizzas and have a visit from the Ice Cream Man! We love to have children at the hotel and we are delighted to hear that they had a good time and enjoyed the activities!

We would love to welcome you and your family back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago for another stay-cation!

Warm regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel a few times for business. I prefer their sister property the Ritz across the street for the better views but every time I have stayed here the service has been great. The rooms are large and comfortable and the amentities have been very good. I really like the gym even if it's a maze to get to it.

While the aesthetics of the building is not the same as most Seasons, it's in a great location, the service is the best, and I have a great night's sleep every night. I would highly recommend this hotel for both business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Get a lake view room. The large windows are great for viewing the city at night.
Dear Eric B,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad that you were able to try out our gym during your stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago in the near future!

General Manger
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The Four Seasons Chicago is more than what I had expected it to be. It definitely lives up to its name. Extraordinary hotel with impeccable service. Even better than the Four Seasons Singapore where I had a similar experience. I loved it there too. The sleep quality for me is always an issue and I can say that I have never slept better. The bed is extremely comfortable and there was no noise to wake me up. No annoying house keeping screaming outside your room like the other hotels. They would clean the room twice a day and helped us check in even before the normal check in time as we landed in the morning. There was no wait. The front desk people were cheerful and super nice too. They even got us tickets to the willis tower at the concierge desk. Very helpful indeed. Would love to go back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear SSadique,

We are thrilled to hear that you had such a good experience at the hotel! Thank you for the kind comments about our staff. I am glad that you were able to visit the Willis Tower during your visit.

We hope to welcome you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago soon!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Checked in Friday at 3 PM and checked-out at 12 noon Sun. A wonderful place to get respite from the hustle and bustle of everyday living. Staff was very helpful and knowledgeable, and eager to please.

Room Tip: Quite reasonable for a top tier hotel just off Chicago's "Magnificent Mile". Staff kep...

Dear Philippe V,

We are so glad that you had a restful stay here! Thank you for the nice comments about our staff!

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Centennial
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Whole three day hotel stay - curbside arrival, check-in, concierge, room-with-a-view, spa and back to curbside...fabulous, courteous, sincere service. But the highly rated Sunday Brunch...just wasn't so!

Room Tip: Accept upgrades offered at check-in...definitely worth the extra few dollars! Any/all spa services a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Ashburn C,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, we hope that you will try Allium again in the future!

We hope to have you back at the hotel soon!