“Best Place in Chicago”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 10 days for my son's graduation in Midland, MI. The welcome at Four Seasons was fantastic. They even produced a mini bed for my daughter's American Girl Doll. We upgraded to an apartment for a very reasonable rate and had two bedrooms and a fantastic living area with a massive balcony overlooking chicago. We had ice creams delivered to the door for our daughter (age 6) to make from the cart. There was always a treat waiting in the room for her when we had been out for the day. This is how hotel service should always be. It was not expensive, just extremely good value.
The spa and pool was out pif this world for a city centre location. We were really surprised by the good quality facilities.

Room Tip: Upgrade to an apartment if they have one available. We paid a little extra per night, but not much...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ChicagoFS, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear spiderdecksmith.

Thank you for your review. I am happy your family had a fantastic stay, and glad you also enjoyed the pool, spa and especially the kid amenities for your 6 year old daughter. I thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso

Write a ReviewReviews (3,236)

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I just spend Christmas in Chicago and stayed for eight nights at the Four Seasons. I have to little kids (7 and 4 y.o.) and since they arrived at the hotel, they received a celebrity-like treatment.

The staff at the restaurant (Allium) was attentive and thoughtful during every single meal we had.

The room was always clean and in perfect conditions.

For me, The Four Seasons Hotel Chicago is the best one in town.

Dear Arturo P,

I am delighted to read of the attentive service and celebrity like treament your family received during your stay. I thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming to you all back.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We just spent a few nights with our 3 children, aged 10,8, and 5 and we had a wonderful time. The kids are pampered and welcomed.

Pros:
- FANTASTIC views. We had suites on 35th floor (one of the lower floors) but still great views
- Very kid friendly; like other reviewers mentioned, plenty of treats for kids; chocolate milk, popcorn, etc etc etc. They have an unsupervised kids' clubroom but it's really only for toddlers if anyone at all.
-Nice pool
-Location. Location. Location. Walk across to the John Hancock and close to everything.
-Doorman was able to get a cab for us within a minute on all occasions.

So Why did I rate it only a 4?
-Ordered room service for 2 dinners and breakfasts; mediocre at best
-Not sure why I don't feel it deserved a 5; maybe it was little things like the incredibly slow elevators or the room service lady who argued with me that I couldn't order for 5 people off the 15 minute breakfast menu. I told her it was silly for me to hang up, walk next door to my other room and order another breakfast but she didn't seem to get it.

Bottom line: If you have kids definitely stay here. If you're not bringing kids, then maybe try the No. 1 hotel.

Room Tip: The corner suites give you both city and lake view.
2  Thank travelfromMN

Dear travelfromMN,

I am delighted to read how much your family enjoyed your stay, the guest suite and views, and the proximity of our location to various attractions and dinning. I am also very pleased the children loved the daily treats, play room and pool.

Please accept my apology for the lapse in service, and the inconveniences you experienced when ordering in-room breakfast from our 15 minutes menu. I have personally addressed your experience, as it will help us as we continue enhance our service.

I appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Staff was awesome helping with dining suggestions and assiting with every detail of our stay. Loaction to Michigan Avenue was tremendous. Room was large, well apppointed, and very clean and well kept.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joe C,

It is always wonderful to read such rewarding feedback about the attentive service from our staff . I am also happy you enjoyed the guest room and the hotel's Michigan Ave location. I look forward to welcoming you back for another awesome stay, and thank you for your review.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Our recent return visit to FSH Chicago did not disappoint.A number of our now-adult children were able to join us and fond memories of past holidays came back the moment they walked into to the street level lobby and smelled the hot apple cider. Beautiful lake and city view rooms, the glass domed pool, state of the art exercise facilities, smiling and helpful staff..(Amanda at the front desk, Kim at the Spa, John and Ben and Elias from guest services, Ben at the Concierge &, Aja the Rm Service manager just to name a few, who went out of their way to make our stay so much fun. The staff handled our last minute requests quickly and efficiently.and we had several requests..extra pillows, another roll away, added room humidifier, and resetting my grandkids's amenity because of changed plans.
We are already looking foward to our post holiday FSH getaway next year..

1  Thank geomim

Dear geomim,

I am happy you all had a great stay and gald we were able to bring back memories of past Holiday stays with us. I appreciate your wonderful feedback about the staff and thank you for your review.

We look forward to welcoming you all back.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here for our anniversary. Extremely friendly and attentive staff. They went above and beyond for our stay...checking us in early and even upgraded our room to a suite with a lake view. As expected, the rooms were very clean. Great place to stay!

Can't forget that the staff unexpectedly brought us a chocolate desert to our room to celebrate our anniversary. Very cool!

Also, the hotel has access to the high-end mall next door in case you have some shopping to do.

Breakfast in the lounge/restaurant is a must. We had some pretty awesome orange marmalade for our toast that I wanted to take home with me (Yes Four Seasons.. please sell me some!)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TomMcKennaNY
MGFSChicago, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear TomMcKennalNY,

We are so happy that you spent your anniversary with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the amenity in your room and breakfast in Allium!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago for many more special events.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We usually stay at The Four Seasons when we are in Chicago. The service is excellent. Never have we had a person that works there have a jerky attitude which can taint your entire stay. It's clean and comfortable with understated luxury that avoids being snooty. The flower arrangements are always wonderful and the beds are extremely comfortable. Great shopping is in the same building as well as nearby.

The first time we ever stayed at the Four Seasons Chicago, we ended up ordering a mattress set from them and I wrote a letter to the manager at how impressed we were with the people that work there.

Room Tip: All rooms we have stayed in are nice, but if you can get a corner suite it is an added plus.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Cation C,

We are so happy to hear that you always enjoy your stay with us! I am glad that you enjoy our beautiful flower arrangements in the lobby. Thank you for the comments about our staff.

We would love to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Best regards,