“Not up to Four Seasons standards”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #5 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
United States
“Not up to Four Seasons standards”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here for 3 very long nights last week. The hotel is showing it's age. The furnishings are old, dirty, and dated. The staff is clueless and apathetic. Because of booking with the AmEx FHR program, I was upgraded to an old, dirty lake-view executive suite. I then asked to be downgraded to a newer, city-view suite because the moth ball smell of the executive suite was overwhelming. The hotel offered no amenity or consolation after I had to change rooms and thus missed my dinner reservation on the first night. The only thing that baffles me about this hotel are the other good reviews. Have any of these people stayed at a luxury hotel before?! I have stayed in a Staybridge Suites hotel that was nicer than this Four Seasons. If you're looking for luxury, check out the Waldorf or the Langham.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank lepmd
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear lepmd,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to learn our Hotel was not up to your expectations both in quality and service, and regret the inconveniences you experienced. We will, as always, take your feedback seriously as we continue to enhance our physical product and service. We hope to have the opportunity to make amends and I will be happy to oversee any future reservations to ensure you have a flawless experience. I can be reached directly at 312.649.2300.

Four Seasons Chicago

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (636)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My business partner and our wives visited the city of Chicago for the first time this past weekend and spent 2 nights at the Four Seasons Chicago. A absolulely lovely property right in the heart of the city. Our rooms were ready upon arrival, impeccable & clean, nicely appointed and to our surprise had a stunning view of the lake. My wife and i have stayed at numerous Four Seasons properties and they have always set a best in class standard. We are ongoing raving fans because they have found a way to make our stays feel better than home with terrific amenities and service that can`t do anough for you. The trip created another memorbale experience for us. Many thanks to the team at the Four Seasons Chicago!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear brent314,

I am delighted we were able to create a memorable and outstanding experience for you, your business partner and your wives. We thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you all back.

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Chicag
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My kids and I found ourselves in between houses and needed somewhere that accepted our dog and cat as well. The Four Seasons made our transition smooth and painless. From the bell staff to housekeeping, reservations department to special treats daily for the kids from in room dining, this place is fabulous. I wish I could have stayed longer!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Lindsey S,

I am happy we were able to create a home away from home for you and your family and pets. I appreciate your review and kind comments about our staff and service and look forward to welcoming you back.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was in town for 3 nights for my high school reunion, and I decided to live well. The Four Seasons was one of the nicest hotels I've ever visited. GREAT bartender (Agatha), the best personnel at the front desk as well as the concierges, fantastic bellman, awesome food, and the best views around. I asked for a lot of advice... where to run 13 miles, where I could get a good hangover lunch, and which was the best architectural tour... and I was always helped out the the Nth degree. Well done, Four Seasons. Well done. I certainly hope to be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank EBtravelin
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear EBtravelin,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you were were happy with staffs' suggestions to your requests and that you had a fantastic time. We are delighted you will be back to stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back.

Miami
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We Loved this hotel! We stayed here in the summer and it was a magical experience. The service was great and the location even better. The views of the lake and Michigan Avenue were stunning! It's walking distance to great shops and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank AJCC1
Dear AJCC1,

I am delighted to read your that your experience at our hotel was magical, and that you were able to enjoy the service, views, and the convenience to shopping and restaurant our location provided.

We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Northeast Indiana
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here during a business meeting we drove in and brought our bikes along with us for a ride on Lakeshore Trail. We didn't have to worry about them or taking them to our room the Bell service was incredible, when we returned from a 2 hour ride they greeted us with cold bottles of water, they were great. The room service was exceptional. Try and get a Lakeview room they are stunning.

Room Tip: Ask for the Lakeview
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Carguy46703,

I am happy you were able to enjoy your stay and thank you for your wonderful remarks about our bell staff. We thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My mother, puppy, and I stayed here while visiting the Rehab Institute of Chicago. We were VERY welcomed! The location is central to so many wonderful shops, sights, and restaurants. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I am in a wheelchair some of the time and so I stayed in an accessible room. It was difficult to get in the door of the room because of the uneven door and flooring so that was mt only issue. The roll in shower was huge, marble, and beautiful. The view was worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The beds were soooo comfortable! I did request a few extra pillows. My pup got her own dog bed and water dish upon request! The halls of the hotel smelt clean and perfumed, lots of beautiful artwork, and the bellboys and door attendants were so friendly and personable. The concierge made dinner arrangements for us and arranged and wheelchair accessible transportation. The 6th floor of the hotel connects to the 900 Shops of Michigan Ave. Treat yourself at the Mario Tricoci salon there. A discount is offered if you are a Four Seasons guest as there is a coupon in the mall directory book located in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BrennaAnne
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear BrennaAnne:

I am happy you were able to have a great stay, and glad staff ensured you as well as your pup were comfortable. We thank you for your review and look forward to welcoming you back.