“Home Run AND A Grand Slam!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #8 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Carmel, Indiana
“Home Run AND A Grand Slam!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

There are few places that hit a grand slam on everything, but the Four Seasons did it with grace, elegance, and a beautiful smile. My family and I stayed there during the Tall Ships festival, and made us feel like we were at home the entire weekend. The staff at the Concierge desk was fantastic at helping us find everything we wanted to, and then some. Trust me folks, this is where you want to stay when you stay in Chicago. We're going back for my wife to shop during the Holidays, and I honestly cannot wait!

This property is well maintained, staffed with awesome people, and is a true jewel in the crown of downtown of Chicago. Worth every dime!!

The staff also treated my four year old like a King, especially Anne. A truly beautiful lady whom was all smiles and seemed glad to help us.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Christopher A ,

I amd delighted your stay was a ‘Home Run and Grand Slam!’, and I am happy we were able to create a feeling of home for your family. I appreciate your recognition of our staff, especially Anne in Concierge.

We appreciate your review, and we look forward to welcoming your family back for your holiday shopping trip.

Michele Grosso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (605)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I just spent three nights at the Four Seasons Hotel in downtown Chicago. All the staff including housekeeping, concierge, doormen, check- in, restauarant staff, and spa are top notch, friendly, helpful, and accommodating. The room was gorgeous, a mini- suite on the 37th floor overlooking Lake Michigan. It had two huge windows facing the lake equipped with window seats for lounging and enjoying the view. The bed was super comfortable. We would go out for breakfast and our room would be made up by the time we got back. Food at the restaurant was excellent and inventive with superb presentation, and again, the service could not be beat. All in all we had a wonderful experience in Chicago at the Four Seasons.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Paula T,

I am happy we were able to create a memorable experience for you, and glad to read you took delight in the views from the suite while lounging on the window seats. I appreciate your recognition of our staff and thank you for your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

I recently stayed here only one night for business, but had an amazing and memoreable stay due to the amazing staff. From the moment I checked in to the moment I left, each staff member was attentive and engaging, helping me to get everything I wanted. The concierge worked with me to understand my criteria for a great evening meal and they selected an excellent restaurant (RL) that fit the bill. The front desk provided me a map for my evening run on the lakeshore and when I returned, several members of the spa went out of their way to direct me to the right place to stop by the gym for a stretch session. Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cameron S,

I am so pleased to learn of the attentive service staff provided to ensure you had a memorable experience. They are equally thrilled to read your kind remarks, and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

We thank you for your review.

Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great location, beautiful property, great service, comfy beds, nice bars and restaurants, although I was there for meetings. Connected to a mall. The food was very good, the meeting areas were well set up, Great shopping and restaurants right out the door.

Room Tip: A room close to elevator, they are slow. I had a lake view, very nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rball,

I am delighted you had a great experience while here for your meetings, and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our anniversary. It was first-class service from the moment we got there. We got there early, before check-in and our room was not available. They took our luggage and put a "rush" on the housekeeping. No problem, we walked around the corner to Giordanno's for some pizza. Before we could finish eating, we received a text saying our room was ready. We had a suite on the 44th floor facing the city. Gorgeous.

We ventured out for a bit and when we got back, there was a yummy chocolate dessert on the table with "happy anniversary" written on the plate. Nice touch!!

While we were there, there was a problem with the water pump for the higher floors and we were without water for a couple of hours in the morning. Even when things don't go quite right, they handle it with class. They were very apologetic and kept asking if there was anything they could do to make us more comfortable. It really wasn't a big deal; we just relaxed a little longer. Even after we got home, we received another message apologizing for the inconvenience.

My one suggestion would be to better monitor the pool area, or maybe make the hot tub adults-only. We thought we were going down to have a nice, relaxing soak. When we got there, we were disappointed to find at least 10 kids with snorkels playing in the hot tub while the parents were on the other side of the pool completely ignoring the kids.

It was a nice hotel in a great location with wonderful service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Anika B,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your special occasion. I am very happy you were able to enjoy your stay.
I am sorry about the inconveniences you experienced because of the water pump, and I am pleased to learn staff ensured you were comfortable. Thank you also for your suggestion on the pool area. It will help us as we continue enhance the area to make it more relaxing for guests and families.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Perfect place to stay in Chicago, location is excellent. We were traveling with our two year old granddaughter (it was her birthday) they made her feel so special, cake waiting in room and afternoon treats delivered each day! The most polite staff ever encountered. Room was wonderful with beautiful lake view. A true five star stay!! Love this place and will return.

Dear kathyinportland,

We are delighted you had a wonderful stay and we are happy the daily treats and birthday cake made your 2 year old granddaughter feel special. We appreciate your review and kind remarks about our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful stay.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We love Four Seasons hotels, having stayed at a few around the world, and the one in Chicago was no exception. Our family stayed there for a long weekend, and from the time we contacted the concierge before our arrival, to the moment we departed, our stay was perfect. The hotel was perfectly appointed and beautifully designed. We stayed in one of the larger rooms (2 adults plus a 5 month old baby) and we were totally comfortable. Our concierge helped us with transportation to and from the airport. The midwestern hospitality and kindness came through in everyone we met. The location is outstanding as we walked along the lake every morning and there are terrific restaurants within walking distance (no need for a car). We will certainly return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Chris P,

Thank you for your review. We are happy your family took pleasure in the conveniences our location provided and glad you had a perfect stay. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back.