“Nicest Hotel I've stayed in Chicago”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #7 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
New Jersey
“Nicest Hotel I've stayed in Chicago”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Spent a long weekend vacation and hotel was everything I had hoped for. Firstly they upgraded us to a suite - who can complain! The service was impeccable. We had a special that included breakfast - which was very generous - and a $100 food credit. It was a great deal. The only negative, and it is small one and not enough to downgrade the recommendation, is that the food in the restaurant, with the exception of breakfast, was okay - but not at the same level as everything else in the hotel. The location is great and the concierge and door staff had excellent recommendations for us. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear CGW52,

We are very glad our hotel is everything you hoped for, and one of the nicest you have stayed in Chicago. It is always great to receive such wonderful comments.

I am sorry the restaurant food did not meet your expectations, and we will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to enhance our menu.

We appreciate your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 22, 2013

At this level you expect your room to be outstanding and the amenities in the room to be great, but what sets hotels apart are the extras. Namely, having the concierge help you understand why you need to drive to a concert vs. taking a cab. Then telling you what entrance to go in for the event. What sets hotels apart is getting back late and having a drink but obtaining a late night snack not on the menu. That's just superb customer service. Have stayed here multiple times....the staff understands how to treat you.

Also might add this level of service was taking place while the hotel was near capacity. That's really tough to do. You need to experience this level of detail and service. Well done!

Room Tip: Get a view of the lake. You will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BTrun78
Dear BTrun78,

It is rewarding to read of the personalized service staff provided in light of the high occupancy during your stay. Their commitment to service and attention to detail is certainly valued, and they are delighted by your kind comments.

We appreciate your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another superb stay.

Knoxville
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I just got back for a business trip to Chicago . You can't go wrong staying at the Four Seasons. The location is ideal, the service from the bellman out front to the concierge and wait staff is friendly and professional. The rooms are well-appointed and ours had a million dollar view down Michigan Avenue. The food is great and the bar is hopping. Love the cheese selections guys.

The only downsides, and I am being very, very picky here, are that you have to take two elevators to go up to your room, not much they can do about that, and the carpets near the elevator, at least on floor 34, are in desperate need of cleaning. As my daughter is fond of saying "first world problems."
We go to Chicago a lot for business and our favorite hotels to stay at are the Four Seasons and the Trump Tower, which is more funky and at the other end of Michigan Avenue. Both are great choices.

Dear LisaKnoxville,

We are happy to learn we are your favorite hotel in the city and that we met your expectations. We appreciate your wonderful feedback about our staff, guest room and food, and we are glad you loved the cheese selections.

I apologize for the condition of the carpet near the elevator and I have addressed it with our staff to ensure the timely cleaning of all public areas.

We thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Western United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I fell in love with this hotel in my twenties when a good friend who is a native Chicago-an introduced me to the lively but low-key nightlife at the bar when I would visit for the weekend. When I finally returned as a hotel guest, I was not disappointed. Our suite had a spectacular view of Lake Michigan. Looking out the window, I felt as if I were floating between the sky and the lake. I loved the iPhone charger/radio by my bedside. The service is what you would hope for when you pay high prices--exquisite, friendly, efficient, fast. The room service food was simple and delicious. Try the mushroom side dish--I don't think I've ever tasted such delicious mushrooms and wish I knew how they made them so crispy! The location is fantastic and very close to shopping and the Rush St, night life/restaurant area. The gym is great and the proximity to the lake means you can easily jog along the beach. One warning: It takes a little extra time to enter and exit the hotel because you have to take one set of elevators from the guest rooms to the hotel lobby (which I believe is on something like the seventh floor of the building) and then another from the lobby to the ground floor. The elevators can get crowded so leave a little extra time for yourself. Other than that very minor issue, I have no complaints about this beautiful and well-run hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of Lake Michigan and you will be blown away!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Emily23
Dear Emily23,

To read that our service was exquisite, friendly, efficient, and that everything met your expectations is certainly rewarding. We are glad you were able to enjoy our hotel, the restaurant, especially the mushroom side dish, and the access to nightlight our location provides.

We thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Upon arrival we were informed that our room wasn’t quite ready. They were extremely apologetic and extended an invitation to wait in the bar with complimentary beverages which we of course accepted.
On the second night we received a hand written note again apologizing, and along with that were some chocolate covered strawberries and truffles....yum!
We wanted to spend some time at Oak Beach ( get there early if you want to rent lounge chairs & umbrellas) and asked about beach towels. They sent up 2 beach bags with towels, sun screen, hats, goggles, and a beach ball. This was all complimentary.
We had a late night meal in the lounge and must say the food was mint!

Our room was spotless. The bed and pillows were super comfy. The staff would check on the room 2-3 daily.
The only down side to this hotel is that you have to take one elevator to the lobby and another to your room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pepperie
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Pepperie,

I am very pleased to learn we provided all the essentials (towels, sun screen, goggles etc.) for your time on Oak beach, that the room was spotless, bed and pillows were super comfy and lounge food was mint.

I am also glad you were invited to complimentary beverages until a room was ready, and I am sorry about the delayed check-in. We thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Mexico City
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I spent the night before my fly back to home, place is cool, services is great, some guys quite rude (kind of racist); but as soon as I let know the management they correct it; I love the pace, but still missed outdoor... but great room I had

Dear Dvoyager1,

Thank you for your review. We are happy you loved our hotel and service. Please accept my apology for your initial impressions. I am pleased they were corrected.

We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Four seasons Hotels rarely are disappointing and this hotel was no disappointment. From the valet's to the desk clerk to the maintenance staff, there was little to complain about. The rooms are great and the beds, as always, take you into your own little world.. Loved it

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Ditjr,

We are thrilled you had a great stay and thank you for your kind comments about our staff. We thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.