“Exceptional stay for a wonderful weekend”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I've been to Chicago before but it had been numerous years since I last visited. I decided to head back to this wonderful city to celebrate a special friend's 40th birthday. From the moment we entered the hotel, the hospitality was exceptional and welcoming. The hotel is beautiful and located in the perfect area of Chicago. Kristen and Heather in the concierge were over and beyond accommodating to all of our needs, wants, and questions. They even surprised us with birthday dessert while dining out a nearby Steakhouse (which was a very thoughtful gesture). I look forward to returning to Chicago especially staying at the Four Seasons!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank D330NY
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear D330NY,

Kristen and Heather were thrilled to read your kind words and we are delighted you had a wonderful weekend and an exceptional stay.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso

There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We just returned from our first stay at this hotel. We couldn't believe all of the amenities for kids starting with the treasure box in the lobby. The kids loved their complimentary afternoon treat each afternoon. The make-your-own chocolate milk and cookies were the crowd favorite. The pool and playroom were great for our kids and we took advantage of both. I highly recommend this hotel to families with children. In addition to the perks for kids - the hotel location, service, and cleanliness cannot be beat. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank mgreviewer
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel Chicago for the second time this week. Overall, a wonderful experience. Despite the fact that my prior stay was exactly a year ago for only two nights, they treated me like a valued, regular guest. The receptionist welcomed me back by name, escorted me to the proper elevator and I was upgraded to an amzing corner suite. There was a fruit tray and water awaiting my arrival with a note welcoming me back from the manager. I was amazed. As a Starwood Platinum who is rarely upgraded or treated with any special touches, this was absolutely astounding.

As for the room, it was fantastic. Incredibly comfortable bed, great shower, amazing views of Chicago. Overall a fantastic room.

I also asked the concierge for a dinner recommendation....which also exceeded my expectations. Chicago Q (which I will also review) was sensational...and a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

I hope I have many more opportunities to visit and stay at the Four Seasons Chicago....it is clearly in my top 5 hotels worldwide.

Room Tip: Corner suite was awesome.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank badgoalie
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I checked out a few hotels in Chicago when I learned I would need to travel there for cancer treatment. The manager at the Four Seasons made it clear they would do whatever it took to make my experience as pleasant as possible under the circumstances, from assistance with transportation to the hospital every day, to customizing the room service menu--and they followed through on it all. Every staff person knew my name and did everything they could to make me comfortable. If it doesn't sounds crazy, I enjoyed my time in Chicago, thanks in large part to the Four Seasons staff. I travel a great deal for business and pleasure and have stayed in luxury hotels around the world, but this experience has made me appreciate what real service is.

Room Tip: City view rooms are gorgeous at night, corner rooms are even better!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had reserved 4 suites for my family of 10 from 5/25-5/28/13 for my special birthday. Our delightful experience started when we checked in with Amanda at the Front Desk. She suggested that we take the Author Suite which would combine two of ours with a large common area which was a very wonderful idea.She then said the manager, Michal Dedera, wanted to meet me. He was most charming & pledged the highest level of services to my family and me. I did bump into him frequently in the lobby & he always wanted to be reassured that everything was up to our expections, which it was. All of the staff were most helpful & pleasant. We found the furnishings to be fresh & quite attractive. My wife & I were so pleased with the comfort of our bed that we are ordering the identical mattress & box spring!

Room Tip: The large suites are exceptional in size and quality.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Chs B,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel to celebrate your special birthday. Michal Dedera and Amanda truly exemplify personalized service and I am delighted your family had an outstanding stay.

We appreciate your feedback and kind comments about all of our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We just spent four days in Chicago at the Four Seasons. We were in town to see The Rolling Stones and I picked the Four Seasons from the reviews on Trip Advisor. Check in was a breeze, we arrived early and they had our room ready within an hour. The hotel is in a great location right off Michigan Avenue. Our room was a suite and it overlooked the lake on one side and the city on the other. The room was nice and well appointed (maybe a little dated) but overall a nice room. Now to the best part the staff. From the minute we arrived they we right on with everything. The concierge was great and made dinner reservations at great restaurants. This hotel is a great find in Chicago. One suggestion the tv service is not great hit or miss but small issue. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and quiet room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a family wedding in May. Our only complaint was that we should have stayed longer! Reception food was very good and service was superb! Overall for the hotel, excellent service, friendly and helpful staff. Obviously you have expectations of the Four Seasons. Thankfully our stay met all expectations.

Room Tip: The higher up the better. Huge windows with awesome city views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family