“Not Four Season's Standards!”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Montana City, Montana
“Not Four Season's Standards!”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Bad: I have stayed at many Four Season's...this one was the worst. I have NEVER had a bad experience at a FS ever. First, they put me in a handicap room with a shower curtain instead of a glass shower. The rod looked like it cost about $3.00 and the curtain was stained. I felt like I was at the Holiday in while showering. The shower head was awful too. It was spraying in all direction like it needed to be cleaned. The bed was awful. I sank in the thing like I weighed 1000 lbs. The TV was incredibly slow at changing the channels. The decor is old and needs updating. This may be petty but I disliked the glassware in the room. They had colored glasses. Blue & Yellow. Weird. We went to the bar Saturday night the 27th and were completely ignored. They were obviously short handed. It looked like a manager (male) was helping the bar tender. She was NOT friendly at all. Then I see a waitress come up to wait for a drink. Her drink was there but missing an olive or garnish. She looked up grabbed her whole hand in the jar looked at me and dropped the olive or garnish in the drink and walked off. It was disgusting. She knew I saw her. The Good: Room service and food was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nicoleb1978
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Nicoleb 1978,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my personal apologies for the disappointments you experienced with the quality of your room, coupled with the lack of service at the bar. These clearly did not meet the standards we strive for, and I would be delighted if you would be able to contact me personally at 312.649.2303 in order that I may discuss with you your stay in more detail.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Michele Grosso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Leading up to my stay, I had heard wonderful things about the hotel but wanted to experience it for myself. I'm delighted to say that my time at the Four Seasons Chicago was consistent with all the reviews I'd heard about it. The staff was beyond accommodating, friendly and polite. They anticipated my needs, and were always more than happy to help. The facilities in the hotel are not only impeccably designed, they are up-to-date, luxurious and completely impressive. You truly feel like you are living like a king or queen during your stay there. From the room service to the food at Allium restaurant, the food was very delicious. Both unique and classic options when it came to the menu, which made it appealing to all food types. It was an amazing weekend and simply an impressive, delightful experience. The element that most struck me though, was the incredibly helpful and kind staff. I felt well taken care of all weekend, and knew there would always a smiling face there to greet or help me. I will 100% return when I need a hotel stay in Chicago!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Emily E
Dear Emily E,

It is rewarding to receive such great comments on the attentive service staff provided to ensure your wonderful stay. We appreciate your feedback and we are delighted you will stay with us on your next visit to Chicago.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My stay here was wonderful! I work constantly from my computer and stayed here for the weekend for the first time while trying to get some work done. The room service was wonderful and exceeded my expectations by far. The staff was attentive and I had access to every amenity I could possibly need. I highly recommend staying here!

1 Thank Sar0025
Greenwich, CT
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My stay in the Four Seasons Chicago this week for business was more disappointing than expected. True to other reviews, the staff was very pleasant at all times. But the service follow through was not consistent, and the restaurant and room service food was very substandard. When I checked in, I was asked what newspaper I would like delivered to the room next morning. I elected the New York Times, but despite seeing many doors around me with newspapers on them the next day - I had none. Housekeeping came to my room at 9pm for turndown service - as I was just sitting down to room service. Kind of late for that activity. And the room service was among the worst I"ve had in ages in any type of hotel. I ordered a NY Strip, and had a tough, substandard and thin steak delivered. The requested french fries were a soggy, tasteless mess, and the grilled asparagus cold, and set in a plastic food dish that looked like a hospital meal tray. The fruit I had the next morning in the restaurant Allium was rock hard, far from ripe, and tasteless. The room itself was clean and comfortably furnished, but lacked sufficient plugs in a convenient location, and the phone was standard issue 1980 phone that is in every hotel you have ever been to. Plastic, dated, pathetic. I am not a fan of hotels that you have to enter what looks like an apartment building entrance lobby, take an elevator to the real lobby on an upper floor, then transfer to another bank of hotel elevators. Just not a comfortable vibe for me, and this is the case at the Four Seasons Chicago. Having stayed in several other Four Seasons properties, I expected more, got far less. I will not be a repeat customer in this location.

On the plus side, the gym was ample, clean, and well provisioned. The pool, while attractive, is not deep enough to swim laps in (one end being less than 2 feet deep). Again - staff in the gym/spa very accomdating and friendly.

Being a very frequent business traveler, you just expect certain simple things to be done without fuss (morning paper, turndown service in the 5-8pm range, good room service). I had much work to do, and didn't have the time to complain - but at this price point, none of these experiences should occur.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor and lake view. I was on 41, and the view was good.
7 Thank Red_Brook_Harbor
Dear Red_Brook_Habor,

Thank you for your review and for your kind comments about our Spa and staff in the gym. I am sorry you were dissatisfied with our Room Service quality and offer my sincere apology for the numerous times we failed to provide the service you should have received. It is always our intention to exceed guests’ expectations. I hope we get a chance to make amends and appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back. Please contact me directly at 312.649.2303.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 25, 2013

It's a spectacular hotel with the best location, a fabulous pool, wonderful room service/breakfast and endless good service. Every possible accoutrement you have come to expect from a Four Seasons is furnished here at their Chicago location. What else is there to say?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AshWolf
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 24, 2013

the hotel is superbe. this was my third time in a Four Seasons hotel and I never went wrong. The spa is excellent and there is a great pool, similar to the one of FS George V in Paris. the Staff is extremely attentive and Anne at the concierge desk was super helpful. I stayed at the 34th floor. great skyline views. I almost forgot the location!! Just great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jacfoti
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed April 24, 2013

From the moment we arrived until the time of departure the entire stay was great. I attended a seminar. The meeting rooms and staff were fabulous. We brought our children, ages 4 and 11. Both of them had a wonderful time. The pool is beautiful. Everything about our time at this hotel was a perfectly positive experience.

1 Thank Geri1441