“Never so glad to have a flight cancelled”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I were looking forward to a long weekend getaway, without kids, in Las Vegas. The morning of the flight, it was cancelled and we couldn't get rebooked until the following day. Wanting to "do something" we decided to drive a few hours to Chicago. We had never stayed at the Four Seasons, but we won't stay anywhere else in Chicago now!! From Lida in reservations, (who went above and beyond and even sent us a specialized "welcome" tray of cookies and candies), to the Spa staff, concierge, etc. we were treated to the best service we have ever experienced at a hotel. The location is phenomenal, our "getaway" package was tons of fun (couples massage, breakfasts), the food is delicious.....I could go on and on. We were so impressed and had such a wonderful stay that we are going back for a long weekend between Christmas and New Year's WITH the kids! You will not be sorry you paid the extra money to stay at the Four Seasons. You are a truly valued guest. We can't wait to get back there!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deblyn90
There are newer reviews for Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Not only did I have an excellent stay, I had the most beautiful view of the city of Chicago from my room! From the valet to the front desk to the baggage handler, everyone was excellent and made me feel that they had a sincere interest in my comfort and happiness!! A+++ for this hotel, by far the best customer service in town.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 28, 2012

every person on the hotel are kind and have a smile on their faces. thanks a lot to make our stay at Chicago an amazing experience. Special thanks to Heather at Concierge, Kirstie at reception, Mr. Jose doorman and the maid. The room was very good. The hotel is located in a very good area with a mall attached full of options to buy or to have breakfast, lunch and dinner. Doormen are always helpful calling cabs when we needed.

Room Tip: lake and city view are marvelous
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We spent a weekend at the Four Seasons Chicago with our 4 yr. old granddaughter. It was immensely relaxing and fun for her and for us. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary.
We have celebrated many occasions at the Four Seasons Chicago and it is always a pleasure. The food, service and children's program are all excellent.
i would highly recommend spending time here even if you live in Chicago!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to learn we are your chosen hotel to celebrate your special occasions, and above all that you had fun with your grand daughter on your recent stay. We appreciate your loyalty, your recommendation and feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Recently I stayed at this property and I found the check in smooth and professional, the concierge quite good (one concierge had a bit of an attitude but the two others I interacted with were super), the bar a very fun and hopping scene, nice service, the restaurant busy too - and a great atmosphere, very good food and although the service was slow at first management stepped right in and got it going. So I was impressed with the management and service 100%. I found the rooms however to be TINY. I do not think I have ever stayed in a top hotel and had so small a room. I even enquired give the ($500) room rate whether this was a typical room. They said yes and that the only larger rooms were junior suites. So this may be a very old building that has been re done - but it was strange. I also stayed under the American Express Platinum program and was supposedly given an upgrade - but literally there was not where for the room service table the next morning! So as much as I enjoyed the service I would look for a larger room next time.

Room Tip: Room size is the issue.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank selectivesonoman
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The Four Seasons/Ritz on Mag Mile knows how to please. My two daughters ages 9 and 11 always compare our hotel visits to these two and very few are given a better grade. The spa and pool is a wonderful place to relax. Girls get a treat with the manicure. The mall itself is not very lively as the Water Tower with the Ritz. Staff goes out of their way to make sure you are taken care of.

Room Tip: I've had both city and lake view and they both have their pluses. The higher the floor the bett...
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here the weekend of my wedding, along with many other family members and friends. I requested a room with a spectacular view and received nothing less than an awesome city view. I know from previous experience that most of the rooms have great views, but that was something important to me during this particular visit. The location is phenomenal as you are within walking distance of the lake/walking path, dining, shopping, movies, nightlife, churches; and short cab to museums, theater district and other attractions. The staff is wonderful, pleasant and eager to make your stay a memorable one whether it's your first visit or fiftieth. The only reason I did not rate it 5 stars is due to my experience at the spa. I felt the manicure and pedicure I received was somewhat average considering the caliber of establishment. Perhaps the level of services has changed and/or the spa has been remodeled since my stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the level of service at the Spa during your manicure, pedicure service. This is not the sort of experience we wish for our guests, and I regret your disappointment. On the other hand, I am glad our staff continues to create memorable experiences for you, your family and friends.

I will be happy to oversee any future reservations to ensure you have a flawless experience, and I can be reached directly at 312.649.2303.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Michele Grosso