“Wonderful weekend”

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #4 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 50th Anniversary, this past weekend, and stayed at the Four Seasons. Could not have made a better choice. Our room was beautiful and the view of the city was outstanding. Everything was spotless. They had Wine and Chocolate covered strawberries in the room when we arrived. The staff could not have been nicer. Location was perfect. Walking distance of shopping and great restauants. Would definitely stay here when we are ever in Chicago.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat O
Write a ReviewReviews (3,195)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

When we first walked into our Four Seasons room, we didn't immediately think, WOW what a room. No, first thing we noticed was the view: 37 floors up and sweeping views of downtown and the Miracle Mile. The room itself was subdued: pale tones, artwork that doesn't scream at you, accessories that are just a notch above Crate & Barrel. But over the next 3 days, we liked the room more and more. First, the bathroom is splendid. Big enough for two people to be comfortable, tub long enough for a regular person, makeup mirror, bathroom scale, huge full-length mirror, nice L'Occitane products. The bed was supremely comfortable. Maid service & turn-down service was impeccable but completely invisible. Choice of newspapers in the morning: NY Times, WSJ or the Chicago paper.

Our only minor complaints were not about the room: 1) the coffee promptly disappears from the lobby at 9:00am sharp. Really? How about 10:00am at least? 2) The lobby computer has a printer for printing boarding passes, but the computer was full of problems. We were among 3-4 people who had to ask concierge for help with the computer. 3) The swimming pool was cold and the whirlpool was stunningly hot. So hot that mothers were telling their kids to stay away. It must've been 106 degrees or so. The entire pool room was extremely humid.

Room Tip: Go for the highest floor you can for spectacular views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wondrousworld
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear wondrousworld

Thank you for choosing to stay at Four Seasons Chicago and for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed the views, bathroom, bed and housekeeping services. Thank you very much for the comments about the pool/jacuzzi temperatures as well as your recomendation for the lobby coffee hours.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Michele

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Ideal location for the best restaurants and shops in town all within reasonable walking distance. Concierge service first class providing top recommendations and able make reservations at all the best palces. Good sized rooms with very comfortable king sized beds.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a lake view.
1  Thank Alan C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you liked our location and our bed, and we are especially pleased to know Concierge got you into all the best places. We appreciate your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
Michele Grosso
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

Reviewed October 10, 2012

the view was pure Chicago. I was there for business and from my arrival until my departure, it was what I always know as the Four Seasons service. Everyone was friendly and quick to help with whatever I needed.

Thanks Four Seasons.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is the 2nd Four Seasons I have stayed in. Not as pretty as the one in Florence, but with the exception of one person at breakfast, the personnel is top notch. Extremely friendly and helpful to someone who is visiting the city. Location was great. The room was very comfortable. I only wish the hotel bar/lounge was open later that 12 midnight. Normal bar hours would have been helpful. We had come in from a concert and the hotel bar was closed. We also had a problem where our waitress at breakfast forgot to put in our order and then went on break. But it was noticed and the manager comped the breakfast. Would definetly stay hear again.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I just got married in Chicago and decided to spend the night of our wedding at the Four Seasons. We could not have made a better choice. When we went to check in, they immediately congratulated us and once we got to the room, they had sent up chocolate covered strawberries and champagne as a congratulatory gift. The room was absolutely stunning. We were so high up that the views of Chicago, especially when we woke up in the morning, were incredible. Everything was so clean and the attention to detail was so appreciated. We live in Chicago and I actually treated myself to the spa for my pre-wedding facial. They did an incredible job... and during the stressful planning, it was nice to have a relaxing afternoon! I have never seen the pool or fitness center but I do know they have both. I would also highly recommend the restaurant, Allium. I have been a few times with my girlfriends but I can imagine it would be a great date place as well! Make sure you order the bacon bread and definitely save room for dessert!

Room Tip: Rooms are much more spacious than I had anticipated!
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Just had a good sized group for The Ryder Cup here and the staff and facilities exceeded every expectation. Just cant imagine the service or physical plant being any better ... great team and great experience. Thanks!

Room Tip: lake view for spectacular sunrises!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Michele G, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are always delighted to have you with us, and we are truly thankful for your loyalty. We appreciate you kind comments and look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,