“Thee best in Chicago but make sure the location is right for you” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
Ranked #5 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
Great Midwest
“Thee best in Chicago but make sure the location is right for you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We checked in on July 1st for three nights and this was my hotel experience in Chicago. I was traveling with my wife and 2 children ages 5 and 8 celebrating my daughters birthday. We were in room 3918, city view executive suite room. This hotel is fabulous and is everything you would expect from a luxury hotel. The room had a king bed and queen sleeper sofa. The room and bathroom were very clean and updated and made us feel right at home. They did some nice little things to make the kids happy. For example made some animal figures out of towels and put them on their bed. They also left a cookie making kit one day as well at Rice Kripsy treats with hot fudge the next.

The towels, pillows, and linens were wonderful and the bed mattress was very comfortable. The pool area and spa was very clean and nice. They do offer baby sitting service at this property and we did use it. The sitter was on time and did a good job. The sitter will take the kids in town or to a show or dinner but note they won't take kids to the pool area for liability reasons. The consierge was very helpful and informative. They helped us plan dinner reservations and activities. They highly recommended to buy the VIP passes for the Shed Aquarium and believe they were worth it for the extra few dollars. You won't have wait in line to get in the aquarium plus some shows we're included at the aquarium. I highly advise anyone to buy the VIP passes.

The location is perfect and close to many things however it is about a 25 minute walk from the river which is at the opposite and of the strip. Make sure the location fits your needs. I like the location but since many things I like to do is more in the middle of the strip so I prefer to be more centrally located however with the level of service offered here I will return.

There were a couple are minor quirks with the place though. We had to call housekeeping 2 days in a row because they forgot to leave towels in the room. We ate lunch in the restaurant one day and in my opinion the food was ok but it was way over the top for my taste and obviously expensive. However the kids did room service with the sitter and they were happy with it.

I would highly recommend anyone to stay here and you will enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: City view executive suite is perfect for a family of 4.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank caymankid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I recently stayed here for one night only, but was able to get a great feel for the property. To begin, you can't beat the location. Whether you are there to shop, enjoy the lake or have a nice retreat following a day of meetings, you will not be disappointed.

The rooms are on the smaller side, BUT - how can you beat looking out your full window to the lake. To be honest, when I was in the room I was realizing that unless I have my family with me or I'm there for more than a week, the size was perfect. The bathroom was also a great size and there was plenty of closet space. I heard no outside noise.

The team that works there was very courteous, knowledgable of the area and took great care of everyone.

I went to the spa for a simple male manicure and they were able to accommodate a last minute appointment and the manicurist did a great job. The spa is very warm and welcoming.

Overall, I would book a stay here if your travels require you to be in Chicago. It was an incredible value, and while I like the Ritz, I think the location and views of this one can't be beat!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We recently celebrated our Wedding Anniversary as well as my husband's birthday - we arrived to champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, and the experience only got better. A beautiful hotel, the staff (especially the concierge) made sure our stay was nothing less than perfect. They arranged an Anniversary dinner at Henri's - not only was the meal spectacular, they had personally inscribed our menus welcoming us! Our favorite restaurant was Hugo's Frog Bar and Seafood - amazing, the waiter, the food and the ambiance were stellar. Thank you 4 Seasons for making our trip so memorable.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a Waterview Suite - spectular view of the Oak Street Beach.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Second visit to this FS, previous was a couple of years ago, and just as pleased with our stay.
Excellent location, facilities, service, breakfast, rooms.

Only (minor) quibble is the strange bathtub/shower combo which loves to leak water out onto the floor, but that was the only issue I could think of to mention.

Otherwise, great choice for staying in Chicago.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

When reviewing a Four Seasons hotel you start out at a very high level of expectations. The Chicago Four Seasons meets those lofty expectations. The hotel is located in a nice area close to Lake Michigan and near the John Hancock tower. Starting at the 8th floor of the tower in which it resides, views are stunning in every direction. Rooms are impeccably furnished and clean. The shower is fountain of relaxation and the bathroom stocked with L'Occitane products. The gym and dressing rooms were spotless and the hotel's pool, while not ideal for lap swimming, was beautiful and still did the job. If you do use the gym or pool, bring the clothes down with you as lockers and even a bathing suit drying machine are available.
The staff is courteous and the whole environment is lush and refined.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Visited Chicago this past month with my wife for her birthday. The Four Seasons was one of the highlights of our stay. Friendly, courteous staff who went beyond the usual to make our stay a pleasant and special one. All the little things are done right, from the doorman at street level, to the front desk staff - everyone was focused on our needs and making our visit comfortable. Of special note is the concierge staff who were universally outstanding - listening to our desires, recommending local restaurants, or places to visit. Hotel room was beautiful, as expected at the Four Seasons, and the views of the city from the corner suite were spectacular. Quiet, calm, and private hotel lobby on the 7th floor - you feel special the minute you step out of the elevator. I visit Chicago annually and the Four Seasons is one of the true pleasures of visiting the city. Good value compared to other local hotels and truly recommended as a special destination to stay.

Room Tip: Corner suites/rooms have spectacular views of city or lake. Large and bright sun filled rooms with...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Malibu, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The service, facilities and location were awesome. Beautiful guestrooms, excellent views, top quality amenities, Pricing was appropriate for the quality - something that we can rarely state.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family