“Great Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Palo Alto, California
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Had a fabulous room they remembered me from last year and I think upgraded me as a repeat customer or I just lucked out. My bag was lost by the air line and the hotel completely covered getting it up to my room when it arrived.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We stayed at the Four Seasons in Chicago for a long weekend. The location is terrific and teh common areas quite nice. However, the rooms were a bit more spartan than I expected from a Four Seasons, and especially for the high price. The decoration in the rooms was very white, lucite lamps on the night stands, bathrooms pretty basic amenities, not very lush or pampering at all. Service at the hotel was top notch, though, and room service arrived quickly. The views are also spectacular. Overall very good experience, but a bit under my usual expectation of Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over Michigan Avenue
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Top to bottom, great stay. Very satisfied. My room was facing east so i had the lake and sunrise, fantastic!

Room Tip: Lobby is on the 7th floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I spent my 3 night Birthday weekend here in a 1 bedroom suite I highly recommend this Four Seasons hotel. Beautiful 5 star hotel. The Decor in both the hotel & lovely well maintained indoor pool & spa were exceptional The location is perfect its close to Rush St where there are many great restaurants & bars, it's also close to the Navy Pier & Shopping.

• Stayed November 2011
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed November 1, 2011

When I stayed at The Four Seasons, the staff took care of everything for me. They were aware, but not intrusive. It was pleasant and I particularly liked their breakfast. I also appreciate their policy with celebrities. They are cordial and are non-intrusive.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2011

To be fair, the service at the hotel was good for the most part and I accept that the hotel gets many excellent reviews.

We were on the 40th floor so had a good view. The room was a good size but it had no tea/coffee making facilities which was disappointing. There was no complimentary water provided - odd for a hotel of this level.

Housekeeping seems to be a weak link in the chain. On arriving after a very long flight at around midnight we had no toiletries and so had to wait for them to be brought upstairs before we could shower. The guy who did so then stood as if waiting on a tip. I did have to laugh...

We had the "do not disturb" on the door on two occassions but were once called to check if we wanted turndown and once to see if we wanted the room made up - which woke us up! If they can see the DND and don't knock, they shouldn't call either. The cleaning staff would also shout down the halls to each other and once asked me hurriedly which room I was leaving only to then run down the hall towards it. I assume they are on a time budget.

The Internet is ok. There is complimentary wifi provided, and higher speed for streaming etc at $10 per day.

The bathroom was a little disappointing for a hotel like this. Although large, they haven't used the space well. There's only one sink, and no separate shower - you have to shower over the bath and this leaks all over the bathroom floor.

On our last night we got to bed about 12 and had to be up at 5am for our flight. Across the hall someone was having a room party and there was a lot of coming and going. We called security who, instead of asking the extra guests to leave, asked them to "keep the noise down". The party went on all night after this and the hall was littered with food and packaging. I felt like the hotel didn't want to have to deal with a problem guest which meant others had to suffer.

All in all, the location is decent and the staff mostly good. But for the price there will be better options. I wouldn't stay here again - I'd probably pay more to go back to the Trump.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Denise F, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear guests,

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear your stay did not live up to expectations. Please be assured we've followed up with the appropriate departments regarding your concerns. We truly value this feedback as an opportunity to improve our hotel. We would love to welcome you back in the future to prove our value to you as a guest. Please contact me directly for any future reservations or to discuss your concerns further at denise.flanders@fourseasons.com.

Thank you again.

Kind Regards
Denise Flanders
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago
flighthouse point
Reviewed October 26, 2011

The Four Seasons remains my favorite hotel in Chicago. Staff is the best you could ask for. Just the right balance of professional and friendly. Extremely knowledgeable. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple