“Great Room and Amenities”
Review of Swissotel Chicago

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #64 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Room and Amenities”
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Attended a conference and found the room to be large and comfy with a great view and good amenities - shower and tub, flatscreen TV, comfortable bed, robes, clean and tastefully finished. Fast elevators, clean restrooms, met my expectations as a business hotel. Having The Palm Restaurant on-site is a plus too.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
SwissotelChicago10, Director Marketing Programs and Public Relations at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, June 1, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Swissotel Chicago.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward welcoming you back soon.

Swissotel Chicago Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (714)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee
Reviewed April 28, 2010

An umbrella in the closet is a very nice touch.
The beds were extremely comfortable!
Love the ipod doc.
The view of the lake from our room was beautiful.
Didn't use the pool, but it was nice to know we could.
The entire staff was impressive... front desk representative, concierge and bellman.

Chris also liked the convenient way to hookup his Video, digital camera and/or computer (with a video out RGB or S-video cable) to the TV - instead of having to go behind the TV as it was located in a lower panel on the side.

We're seasoned travelers.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the features in the room. Your compliments will be forwarded to our team.

UK
Reviewed April 27, 2010

The hotel is in a great location within easy walking distance of the Magnificant Mile and the amazing Millenium Park. The staff were superb and were more than happy to offer advice and book leisure activities for us.

My biggest disappointment was the $15 per day charge for the swimming pool and fitness centre which I thought was a little excessive but no problem for anyone who doesn't want to use these facilities.

The rooms are pretty standard and are clean and well presented. The beds were very comfortable. Housekeeping was good and very attentive to detail.

The bars and restaurants are pleasant and quite reasonably priced as hotels go. The Palm had a great offer on bar food in the early evening and after 9pm and the quality and presentation of the food was excellent. (Not sure if that runs all year round) However there are also lots of good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I booked a room through priceline for $90 per night + taxes and fees. I was extremely happy with this price, as I have stayed at this hotel before and remembered it to be very nice. I was really happy with the quality of the hotel. Our room was clean, spacious, and very modern. Overall, The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a very central location, a short distance to Navy Pier, the Magnificient Mile, and several rail system stops (the El). I would have rated this hotel very highly and been incredibly happy with our stay EXCEPT for one huge inconvenience. We checked in around midnight and were told that the hotel had been overbooked due to their contract with British Airways and poor weather in Europe resulting in the grounding of many European flights.I understand that this situation was out of the hotel's control. They offered to move us to another nearby hotel for the night, and Swissotel would take care of the cost for that night. As much as I would have rather just stayed there and paid for all 3 nights, I realized that there was nothing that could be done and this seemed like adequate compensation. I was under the impression that i would be refunded the cost of one nights stay. This was not the case. When I inquired about the refund upon checkout, the clerk informed me that the hotel had merely covered the cost of the other hotel. I said that I did not feel that this was adequate compensation for having to move to another hotel after midnight then packing up and checking out of the other hotel less than 12 hours later. I had already paid to stay at the Swissotel, so them paying for the other hotel did nothing for me. She only said that she was sorry to hear that. I emailed the hotel upon my return home, but I have yet to receive a response from anyone at the Swissotel Chicago. I would be extremely upset had I paid full price for this room. Overall, this hotel is very nice, and the staff is friendly and helpful; however, this situation was a very inconvenient start to our trip. A simple response to my email would have been nice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ErinR1

Naperville, IL
Reviewed April 23, 2010

My husband and I first stayed at the Swissotel about ten years ago and now if we stay anywhere else we are disappointed. The service has always been excellent. We usually reserve a Corner King with a view of Navy Pier but this time we called the hotel the day before and reserved a regular king room for $160. It had a view of the lake, lake shore drive and Grant Park-BEAUTIFUL! The room was very clean and spacious (we really started thinking this room is so nice we don't need the corner king all the time). We went to Greek Town for dinner (great dinner at Greek Islands with free valet parking) , turn down service came while we were gone. The beds are fantastic-sooo comfy. We had room service for breakfast. They brought a table with nice silver and linens and we ate in front of our big window with our lovely view. Another memorable stay at the Swissotel! Parking garage right next door for office building will save you 20 bucks a night!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

We are delighted that you enjoyed the view and your stay. Your compliments will be forwarded to our team.

Toronto
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Overall I have to say that it all started out very well... the check in was great and was happy to pay for an upgrade that would give us a great veiw of the pier on the 40th floor. I found that the service in this hotel was either really good or really bad. The room was nice, and it was clean. They do like to charge you for everything. So your hotwire deal really adds up quickly at checkout. It was my birthday so I did not mind, what I did mind was making two phone calls home to toronto, and no one answering or the call going to voice mail and I was charged $25.72, when I talked to the Front Desk Supervisor, she would not budge on giving me a break. I even told her that I would not stay at the hotel again, she welcomed me to write a letter, so this is just one of the letters that I writting. Ill stay at the James next time, service is more consistent there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chris416

Ada, Michigan
Reviewed April 20, 2010

It's been a few years since we've been to Chicago for the weekend. We typically stay at Swissotel, and we were pleasantly surprised at all of the renovations that have taken place- both in the rooms and in the lobby/bar areas. We stayed in a suite, and it was beautifully decorated and had a brand new bathroom, hardwood floors in the entry and the office, and an absolutely FANTASTIC view of the city, lakeftont, and the river! The bedroom is extremely comfortable with white, down duvets and down pillows. I always sleep very well there.

As wonderful as the rooms are, the service is top notch at the Swissotel. The staff is clearly very well trained and shows a genuine appreciation for the guests that stay there. I'd definitely recommend Swissotel when traveling to Chicago. It's centrally located near Michigan Avenue and all of the benefits that that brings.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our recently renovated accommodations.