5,127 results
All reviews palm restaurant navy pier the river corner room millennium park lobby bar michigan avenue fitness center per day beautiful hotel business trip the magnificent mile king bed valet parking the loop mag mile keenan
Reviewed July 3, 2016

We decided to take an impromtu trip to the Windy City this past week. Woke up on Thursday morning, ask the better half what she wanted to do... she really didn't have a suggestion, so I got on the computer to check what hotel prices looked like for late June/early July for downtown Chicago... to my happy surprise, prices were reasonable. I looked on Trivago to find the hotel, but I usually will call the hotel directly to see if they have a better corporate rate available, etc.

We decided on Swissotel for a couple reasons. First of all, we hadn't stayed there before... and we like to try new places. Secondly, location, location, location! Right on East Wacker, on the river... Third was price... Trivago listed the hotel at 119 a night... 119 a night in downtown Chicago in the summer?!?!? UNHEARD OF!

Well, I called the hotel and asked about rates. Of course, she quotes me a rate of 150 or so. I asked about a corporate rate for the company I worked with.... she said no rate. Well, I told her that I found the hotel online for 119.00.... so I would probably just do that. She told me that if I could tell her where to find the rate, she could price match plus take 10% off... Really???? That's awesome! We ended up getting the room for 107...

The property itself is nice and clean. Interesting triangular shape, with a beautiful mirrored facade. The doorman is really friendly and helpful, and the lobby is very European and modern. The check in process was smooth and flawless. We were placed on the 34th floor facing south... with views of the Radisson Aqua Blu, Millenium Park, and the lake.

The room was a nice size, and the bathroom was nice as well. The windows were very large and clean. The bed was very comfortable. A nice touch was the dorm sized refrigerator that was in the room for your use. Alot of hotels are going the "minibar" route, which means you can't store your stuff in the refrigerator. If you move the stuff that's in there, you get charged for it...

You are very close to everything at this hotel... literally steps from Michigan Avenue... walking minutes from Navy Pier, Millenium Park, the lakefront.... and a short bus ride to the museum campus or Lincoln Park Zoo.

One annoyance... 15 bucks a night for internet. I blast almost EVERY hotel for this in every review. This is 2016. Stop charging for WIFI. It's nickel and diming. There's NO reason to charge for this. Does't matter really, as we both have smart phones. WE want to use data, we can tether the tablet to the phones... but seriously folks.. to charge for WIFI access in this day and age is almost insulting, especially for an upscale hotel. Even simple motel 6 doesn't charge for wifi.

2  Thank travelin_fool_1969
Reviewed July 3, 2016

Although we stayed here only one night, it was the most perfect stay! The view was STUNNING and the staff were helpful and very accommodating! Check in was easy as was the check out. The elevators are quite unique and did require to get used to. I would definitely recommend staying here; and when I go back I'll would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank kuteangel25
Brittany R, Manager at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2016

Dear kuteangel25,

Thank you for the wonderful review and compliments on our location and room. I am so delighted you enjoyed your time at Swissotel Chicago. We appreciate the time it took for you to leave your comments and share your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 2, 2016

Room with a king size bed should like a king size room; not a average room. A microwave in the room would have been nice to warm up food. With the price you pay to stay there, breakfast should be included.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Dear 981notthatimpressed,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff regarding the issues you experienced while staying at our hotel. Due to fire code policies, we are unable to allow microwaves in our room. With that, we do have one located in our 24/7 outlet or our in-room dining staff is very helpful when prepping food. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back as it would be greatly appreciated to be able to showcase what a true Swissotel Chicago stay is like.

Reviewed June 30, 2016

Really Nice hotel, friendly staff, a couple issues, no charging ports in hotel rooms for phones, tablets, big issue with elevators when too many people are trying to go to their floor. No places to sit and lounge outside of hotel. Also you should not charge paying guests 14.95 pp for internet access. Have never been charged in any hotel. Otherwise really nice hotel and the staff was very accommodating. Great information when asked about city.

Room Tip: there was some noise from other guests, but mostly quiet

Dear _tns1217,

Thank you for the detailed review regarding you stay. Although I am pleased to read that you enjoyed majority of your stay I would like to apologize for the concerns and issues you listed in your comment. Indeed we do provide outlets and charging stations in our rooms which can be located on the side of the desks in every room. In addition, we do offer complimentary wifi for guests who are members of our loyalty program. I would like to apologize that this offer was not explained to you at the time of check in. Thank you again and I hope you allow us to welcome you back in the future to showcase what a true hotel experience at Swissotel Chicago is like.

Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel in a great location with good service. Stayed there during a conference. Catered meals were very good - only suggestion would have been to include fresh fruit at breakfast. Had a lovely room with great view of Navy Pier. Self parking was a little confusing but a deal at $40 compared to $70 a day for valet. Ouch!
Would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank elsie44
Brittany R, Manager at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2016

Dear elsie44,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience while staying at Swissotel Chicago. It pleases me to see that our hotel was perfect for your business travel needs and you found all the comforts of home while staying with us. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel for all your travels to the city.