“Consistently excellent”

GreenLeadersGold level
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel is clean and neat, spacious, accommodating, and in a great location with accessibility to the lakefront area. The service is always great. The beds are very comfortable. They no longer supply a coffeepots in your room...it now costs $22 for the duration of your stay. Bring your own.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
I'm so happy to hear that you were impressed with your visit, Roberta! Your feedback is much appreciated, and I look forward to having you back again soon.

All the best,
(312) 268-8255

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (728)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We had a wonderful experience for our first time staying there.
Pros - we arrived early (10am!) and they were so accommodating. We asked for the kids suite & they decorated it so nice with kids table & chairs, tons of stuffed animals, books & a game and Legos. The bedding was changed to kids bedding. Bathroom had rubber duckies all over the bathtub. There were child towels, soap dish, glasses & tissue holder & rug. So cute! Corner suite on the upper level (we had 35th floor) is the way to go. PERFECT view of river & lake/navy pier. We could watch Navy Pier's fireworks from our suite. The suite is soooo roomy & nice sized bathrooms/showers. Taxi service is so easy to get there. Staff very nice, friendly & accommodating! Breakfast buffet that comes with your room was very good. FYI - you don't need to tip the server at breakfast (we did with cash) & then realized after that gratuity is charged to your room. Not a big deal - our waiter was very nice but just something to know for our next visit. Elevator is NOT complicated. It's actually quite easy. Just updated in technology that others tend to fear.

Cons - a bit longer of a walk to places BUT you can't beat the hotel spectacular views. Wifi costs extra - BUT - they will comp wifi service for you if you ask. Yes, valet parking overpriced BUT - for me, the positives we experienced over rides the cons.

We hope to be back next summer & hoping they will allow us to request our same room!

Room Tip: Upper level corner room
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
I'm so pleased to hear that you've been impressed with your stay! Thanks for reaching out about your experience with us, and I'm very happy that you're already looking forward to visiting us next summer. Wishing you safe travels in the meantime!

Best wishes,
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Great location if you want to be close to Navy Pier, great views of the river and the pier especially at night. That is about the best feature of this hotel. The staff is hit and miss, some are nice and accomodating, others are downright condescending and rude to you if they have to explain any particulars on anything to you. We arrived extremely early and they held our bags for us until our room was ready so we could use the time wisely. I felt like since they texted us our room was ready early they could have gone ahead and sent our bags on up to our room, they didn't. It was a continuous battle with them over bogus charges to my credit card. We booked through Expedia so the hotel was charged to our card immediately upon booking with Expedia. Upon check in, they charged the entire stay to our card again. Had to deal with this our first day as my credit card company alerted me immediately to $2000.00 worth of charges. Thus was how it went the entire 8 days. Bogus high dollar charges to my card, credit card co alerts me, have to call front desk have charges removed. In 8 days over 4000.00 worth of charges to my card that were bogus and I had to have them remove. Then they were sick of hearing from me and got snappy. Like I enjoyed spending vacation time dealing with that. Wouldn't advise staying here, if you do watch your credit card charges very closely. Very noisy all night long.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the corner room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shannon S
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
I wish we could've impressed you all around with your recent visit, Shannon. Thanks for providing such detail on your stay, as it's very helpful to know where to look for improvement. Wishing you safe travels, and I hope you'll think of trying us again the next time you're in town.

New Orleans
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was my second time staying at the Swissotel in Chicago. Both times, the hotel has been nearly perfect. The corner rooms are quite large with all the amenities you need. I had a hard time prying myself out of the comfortbable bed each morning. On every level, the service was impeccable. The front desk staff, room service, and concierge were all first rate. One my favorite aspects of this hotel is that the Palm Restaurant is adjacent, with the entry being right in the lobby. Love the Palm, but that is for another review.

The location of the hotel is what I love most. It is right off Michigan Avenue, but away from the traffic. It is also right on the river, making it a convenient walk to many sights in the city. It is close to great shopping and restaurants as well.

Ask for a corner room, which have great views of Lake Michigan and the city. But be aware, the blinds do not keep out much light when the sun rises!!! And it was this reason I didi not give the hotel a perfect score.

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thanks for staying with us again! It's great to hear that you've been impressed with so much on your visits to town, and I hope that you'll be back again in the future. Your comments on the blinds are noted, and I hope that you'll consider returning to stay with the next time you're in town!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Great location and room was a great size. Bed very comfortable but shower didnt have enough pressure for me. Pool was lovely and gym was good. So it was all in all it was all fine but nothing amazing!
Interesting security at night at the lifts you have to show your room key to three burly men guarding the lifts maybe they should introduce a swipe system to get up to the rooms?

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
I'm pleased to hear that you were very impressed with the location, as well as the bed, Robine. I appreciate your feedback on night security, too, and I'll definitely keep that in mind. I hope that you'll return for another visit, and we'd love another chance to give you that excellent hotel experience that you're looking for!

San Bonifacio, Italy
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Excellent place to stay in Chicago. 5 minutes from the beautiful Michigan Ave and from the river, this hotel has a wonderful location. Room was very spacious and clean. Bathroom had shower and bath. Staff was very helpful and had good advice on restaurants. Bell service and good size gym also present. I definitely like the Swissotel

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
It's wonderful to hear that you were impressed! Thanks for the kind words on your stay, and I'm very pleased to know that you were happy with everything from the service to the location. Looking forward to having you back the next time you're in the Windy City!

Best wishes,
Fort Wayne
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Great bed and good shower. But wouldn't pay this much for those two features again. Food was over priced. Good luck figuring out the elevator system. Valet parking over priced as well. Have stayed in hotels in larger cities and gotten better value.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts

Stella S, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that we didn't give you the best experience possible, Marie. Thanks for reaching out with your feedback, and I hope that you enjoyed your overall trip to Chicago. I'll keep your comments in mind, and will continue to work towards giving our guests the best visit possible.

Best,