Swissotel Chicago
$275
$242
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$199
$324
Agoda.com
$149
  • Fitness center
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$279
$195
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$416
Hotelpower.com
4,794 results
All reviewspalm restaurantnavy pierthe rivercorner roommillennium parklobby barmichigan avefitness centerper daybusiness tripbeautiful hotelthe magnificent mileking bedvalet parkingthe loopmag milekeenan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Sweeping views and good location should make this a great place. The bedrooms have to be updated (despite my upgrade to a suite) and is a depressing black and beige with dated furniture. Rooms are not cleaned regulatory, so if you miss the morning run, they will not come and check on you later.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel Hotels & Resorts
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thanks for the feedback, William. While I'm glad you enjoy our location, I do wish that you enjoyed our accommodations more. I hope you'll still consider us for your future travels.

Best,

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have been coming to Chicago for around 10 years now and each year I have stayed somewhere different in the downtown Chicago area. Many of these places over the years have blended into one, too dingy, too expensive, too hot, too noisy, too inconvenient. This year's experience was surprising and to the extent that I wanted to share it. The Swissotel is a very nice hotel, conveniently located very near to Michigan avenue shopping and restaurants. Taxis are always available outside if you want to go further. The room I had was lovely, on the 35th floor and looking out over the lake and Navy pier. The services in the hotel were faultless, from the coffee, palm bar to the laundry that returned within one minute of the promised time. Check out was problem free with an email check out followed by a key drop when I left. Compared to my previous experiences it was convenient,nice room, clean, good air con, quiet, convenient, nice staff, good service and easy check out. There are certainly more expensive places to stay in Chicago, but better to save your money, stay here and spend the savings on what delights you in Chicago.

Room Tip: High floors facing the lake
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Trailblaser22

What a lovely stay! Thanks for making us a part of your trip. Your kind words mean the world to us, especially considering how many times you've been to Chicago. Until next time, let us know if there's anything we can do to make you feel even more comfortable!

All the best,

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I can't give a better review than to say, "I came back!" The location can't be beat - close to both historic Chicago, the Magnificent Mile, and the metro. The room rate was lower than adjacent hotels and all in this area.

Again, the check-in was efficient, friendly, got me on my way. The room design is modern, convenient, and with thoughtful amenities. I like the separate shower. I was in Room 1409, with a great view of the river and the Wrigley Building. I enjoyed watching the city wake up each morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank James M

So happy to hear that your second stay with us was just as wonderful as the first, James! It sounds like you got a great taste of Chicago while you were here. We'll hope to see you the next time you're in our fair city -- we'd welcome the opportunity to host you again!

All the best,

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We discovered poop all over the sheets on one bed. We called the manager who stated at 2am we would have to move. They offered a suite which we enjoyed for about an hour (sleeping). No coffee to make and you pay for WiFi? Really? They didn't offer anything off for dealing with their contaminated bedsheets. We are terrified to stay at any hotel at this point. Total disgrace!

Room Tip: Bring your own sheets!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Leah Q
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

This is incredibly concerning to hear, Leah. That's certainly not the standard we hold ourselves to, and I can't apologize enough that this was your first impression of us. While we were able to confirm that it was not feces on the bedding, it is still no excuse for not providing you fresh accommodations, as is our standard. Would you be willing to reach out to me directly with further information about your stay? I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've stayed here several times. The rooms feel new and are always clean. I like the dining options. The conference rooms are convenient and keep the crowds away from the main lobby. The restaurants are excellent, although limited, but there are countless excellent restaurants within walking distance. Chicago sights are close by. I find I usually get a slightly better rate here than some of the competition.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

We always enjoy hosting you, Pablo! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Hope to see you on your next visit to Chicago!