“Modern Convenient and Reasonably Priced”
Review of Swissotel Chicago

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #58 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Modern Convenient and Reasonably Priced”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've stayed here several times. The rooms feel new and are always clean. I like the dining options. The conference rooms are convenient and keep the crowds away from the main lobby. The restaurants are excellent, although limited, but there are countless excellent restaurants within walking distance. Chicago sights are close by. I find I usually get a slightly better rate here than some of the competition.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We always enjoy hosting you, Pablo! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Hope to see you on your next visit to Chicago!

(312) 268-8255

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (697)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Professional, friendly and staff is most helpful with very comfortable guest rooms. Easy access to several area attractions, either by foot or public transportation. Restaurants with in the hotel or easy walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thanks so much for the five stars, Buddy. I'll make sure the whole team reads this. Happy to host you whenever you're in the area--thanks again!

Best,
Omaha
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed at this hotel on business. My room had a great view. It was a nice room overall. Exceeded my expectations for the room quality and comfort level. It would have been nice to have more reasonably priced options for dining on the premises.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Happy to hear your stay with us was a hit, Nicole! There's nothing like being able to see a bit of the city from your hotel room, is there? We'll hope to welcome you back the next time you're in Chicago!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed at the Swisshotel for a conference. Check-in was smooth, friendly and efficient. My room had a really nice view of the Chicago River, the Wrigley Building and the Tribune Building. The conference facilities were decent except that there were very few tables or surfaces at breakfast, so eating and having coffee required one more hand than I am equipped with. The hotel room was Ok, bed was great, bathroom Ok.
I had room service one night and it was fast and the meal superb (spicy chicken salad). I ate at one of the in-hotel restaurants (Palm?) and that was pretty poor - expensive, snooty service and the food plain awful- greasy, everything deep fried, should have stuck with the room service.
Being a business hotel in downtown of a major city, everything was brutally expensive. Fortunately I didn't have to park but the wi-fi was almost $20 per day. Breakfast at the conference was pastries, juice and coffee - no protein, no fruit, no vegetables. Pop refreshments were room temperature, and one morning the cream cheese for the bagels (nearest thing to protein) was Salsa veggy flavored. I know that was probable the organizers decision but I've stayed at more moderate hotels in slightly smaller cities and had superb breakfast with cottage cheese and fruit, eggs on English muffins as well as other popular choices. Those hotels also offered free newspapers every morning and free wifi.
I do not feel the hotel offers value for what they charge, other than a location convenient to some attractions and the view of the river and lake. I wouldn't stay there on my coin.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Thanks for staying with us. Although it appears that your stay left you with mixed feelings, we hope that you'll give us another chance to wow you next time you're in Chicago. Until then, thanks for your candor.

Best,
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Visiting Chicago and first time ever at a Swissotel. Very friendly staff. Hotel was very well kept and nicely located, gym and pool were nice and overall a good experience. Pricey drinks (it was 22 dollars for a double Jack and Coke) but the bar is nice. Based on that and the other reviews regarding the food we ate elsewhere. Parking was 65 a day. One very weird issue was that we had virtually no Cell reception in our rooms. Our phones batteries also mysteriously drained themselves overnight. I called the front desk and I was told that no one reported an issue, but when we checked out (after asking the question again) I was told that a number of people had reported the same issue with no cell coverage. This hotel also offers internet (you have to pay) and I thought that seemed to be odd with all things considered.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble with your cell service--that has not been an issue with our guests in the past, but we'll see what we can do to remedy that. That aside, it's nice to know that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope that you'll keep us in mind during your next trip to Chicago. Until then, thanks for reviewing us!

Delton
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great location to mag mile and navy pier! Had a wonderful view of the pier and a quiet room. Would have preferred free WiFi, but that's a minor complaint. We would definitely stay there again! Vallet parking was very convenient and their staff was wonderful!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
It's hard to beat our location! Thanks for staying with us, Stacey. We can't wait to welcome you back to Chicago!

Cheers,
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I am by far one of the hardest people to please when it comes to hotel rooms. I am a light sleeper and everything seems to bother me when I stay at most hotels. I have to say that this is by far the best hotel bed I have ever slept at. The bed was heavenly! The rooms are big as are the bathrooms. The first room I was given smelled like smoke (although this is a non-smoking hotel, the previous occupants apparently did not abide by the rules) and the manager immediately helped me to another room. At check out, Raquel at the front desk was very attentive and really made my check out experience a pleasure. I highly recommend this hotel if you are in Chicago.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Those beds certainly are heavenly! However, I'm sorry to hear that you felt your first room smelled of smoke. We'll look into that, but we're glad we were able to get you a new room quickly. Thanks for making us a part of your stay, and we hope to have you back next time you're in Chicago!