“Great experience”

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #63 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I am just finishing a two week stay at the Swissotel. The room had a great view and was in my experience strikingly quiet and peaceful. This was great as I was on a training course. Even when the foyer bar was busy for the super bowl it was the same way. Staff throughout were professional and courteous and that was effortlessly so. I stayed at the Swissotel in Istanbul many years ago and I am so glad I found this one. Thank you!
Iain Thomson.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Andreas B, Andreas Brandl, Director of Front Office at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, Iain! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful experience with others. You've hit on everything we aim for and I know the rest of the team will appreciate your compliments as well. We hope you'll stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Chicago!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed here for a conference and it was a pretty pleasant and uneventful stay. The location is great and there is a walkway to the conference center which is located in the hotel next door. I was also upgraded to a high-floor room with a great view and all I had to do was ask for it politely. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thanks for staying with us! It's nice to know you appreciated our central location and our helpful service. We're more than happy to upgrade our guests to a higher floor if there's space available. Hope you get a chance to visit Chicago again soon!

Take care,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I love this hotel. This was an unexpected stay in Chicago and that would've ordinarily have been at a hotel by the airport but I'm soooooo glad all the hotels that my job uses were booked & I had to stay here. From the door man, to the front desk, to room service, everyone I encountered was courteous and friendly. Room service was so delicious. I usually don't have much to choose from on room service menus because I'm a vegetarian but I had so many choices that it was hard to decide. It was expensive for an appetizer & glass of wine but it was worth it.
I thought that I was gonna have to take a cold shower in the morning because it took a good 10 minutes for the water to heat up but given that it was -2 outside, it was worth the wait for hot water.
Overall it was fabulous yet short stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm delighted to hear that from the doorman to room service, you experienced courteous and friendly service throughout your entire stay. It was a pleasure hosting you, and I hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Enjoyed our stay - was about a $35 cab fare from Midway. We arrived around 11am and a room was offered to us on the 14th floor. We could have waited for a higher floor assignment but were anxious to change clothes and hit the town. We had reserved a corner room with a view of the lake and river. We had plenty of room to spread out and appreciated the extra blanket/pillows in the closet. There is a lot of contruction going up that will soon limit the view of Lake Michigan.
Literally 3 blocks from Michigan Ave...in the frigid Chicago winter this can feel far. Its a $10 cab fare to Superior/MIchigan Ave if you want to be dropped off in the middle of the shopping area.
The taxi service would only take us 1/2 way to Soldier Field due to congestion so we walked the remaining mile and basically walked almost all the way back to the hotel after the game as getting a cab was a challenge since everyone leaving at the same time also wanted a taxi.

We bought snacks at the small convenience store in lobby and had a few drinks at the hotel bar (pretty pricey).
We signed up for the rewards program and didn't have to pay for wifi in our room.
Only complaint was used q-tips not being removed from the q-tip holder in bathroom, something that might have been inadvertantly overlooked by housekeeping.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! I'm glad you found your room spacious and comfortable. I appreciate your feedback about the q-tips, and will remind our housekeeping staff to continue to be thorough with their work. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

After reviewing several downtown Chicago hotel options, I selected the Swissotel Chicago and was very happy with my choice. For those doing business in Chicago who want prompt service and a good location (the pedway joining the hotel with nearby office buildings is a plus in the winter), choose Swissotel.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thanks for choosing to stay with us! I'm glad to know you enjoyed your stay and experienced prompt service. Hope you get a chance to visit Chicago again soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a conference. Everyone that works there was friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and very clean. I couldn't believe how inexpensive it was and right in the city. The conference was also in the hotel. The rooms were fantastic and the food was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Thanks Julie! I'm delighted to hear you experienced friendly and helpful service during your entire stay. I'm also glad you thought your room was spacious and clean. We do our best to make sure each guest is relaxed and comfortable. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Wonderful hotel, friendly staff, clean rooms, short walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Lobby open and easy check-in and check-out. Doormen friendly and helpful getting cabs. Rooms are big and new bathrooms with showers very clean

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Thanks Tracy! I'm delighted to hear you had a pleasant and comfortable stay from check-in to check-out. That's the goal! I hope you keep us in mind the next time you visit Chicago!