“Nice hotel in great location”
Review of Swissotel Chicago

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #62 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We really appreciated this hotel's modern, clean look and amenities. Great location right between Navy Pier, Millennium Park, and Michigan Ave. Conveniences are nearby too - a CVS around the corner and an upscale supermarket/liquor store just behind the hotel (across the new park).
We were in a standard room on the 21st floor, and still had a great view of the lake, park, and even the stadium. One irritation is the high cost for wireless. I will never understand how cheapo hotels offer free wireless but mid market and nicer hotels charge exorbitant access fees. It's 2013 for cripes sake - hotels should provide guests with basic wireless internet access, especially at an upscale property like this.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AntArc
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to know you appreciated our central location and the picturesque views from your room. For your next visit, please know that we offer complimentary WiFi in our lobby. Also, guests can enjoy free WiFi in their rooms when they sign up for our free rewards program, Swissôtel Circle.

Best,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Having a large family staying at the same hotel has been a blessing and a curse. With all the post dinner drinks and conversations still flowing as the night comes to a close there is always a hotel room that everyone flocks too. No matter how large some suites are they are just not big enough. Well, that was certainly not the case with our suite here. Nestled on the 33 floor out suite had spectacular views and one of the largest sectionals I have ever seen in a hotel room in my life. It easily could seat 8 comfortably with side chairs to accommodate the overflow. For a family that has kids and adults all wanting to be in the same place this is the place to stay. The views kept the kids happy and the spacious living space kept the adults entertained in comfort.

The room service was spectacular as we ordered the same spread several nights in a row. The wine selection was just OK but the close proximity to the grocery store located to the rear of the building has an amazing selection. Staff and services were stupendous, I can not wait to stay here for a stay-cation again soon!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cityboyctr
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Glad to know you thought your suite had a sweet view! I completely understand how hectic it can be traveling with a large family. That's why I'm delighted to hear you thought your room was comfortable and spacious enough for your group. I'll be sure to let the staff know you appreciated their spectacular service as well. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great hotel for business or pleasure; I was there as part of a team meeting and the facilities were great; but the location is also very good, I could easily walk to the Magnificent Mile and also to the Millennium Park.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Thanks Juan! It's nice to know you'd stay with us whether you're visiting for business or vacation. Hope you get a chance to stay with us again soon!

Take care,

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I loved this hotel from the moment I pulled my car into the driveway. The valet parking is $65 which is crazy but you have in/out privileges. Check in was quick and the bellman had my luggage delivered to the room within minutes. Room had amazing view overlooking Michigan river and Navy Pier. I had booked two double bedroom which had nice big flatscreen TV, refrigerator and coffee machine. Beds and pillows were comfortable and super clean. The locations was perfect for us, 5-10 minutes walking to Millennium Park and Mag Mile. I would definitely stay at Swissotel again when I m back to Chicago.
PARKING : since they charge the crazy rates for overnight parking ($65) I had to look for an alternative solution and I found $34 overnight parking just few minutes away from the hotel. It is a small outdoor parking lot located between the buildings on E Wacker Drive next to Corner Bakery Cafe (360 N Michigan Ave).

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank NinkiNini

Thank you for your kind review. I'm delighted to hear you loved our hotel from the moment you pulled into our driveway, and I'm glad to know you plan on staying with us the next time you visit Chicago. With respect to our parking fees, $65 is on par with most lots downtown that allow in and out privileges. We're also subject to various Chicago parking taxes and regulations. The next time you stay with us, we'd be happy to route public transportation options for you.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Swissotel for a getaway weekend. We found the hotel to be very elegant and our room luxurious and well-appointed. The room was far above a typical business traveller's room (which I see frequently) and definitely more on the luxury side of travel.

The staff was incredibly thoughtful, recognizing my birthday and being accommodating to us during the stay. The location was great. We walked all over Millennium Park and Michigan Ave. We truly enjoyed the stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: Booking online directly through the hotel secured an upgrade upon check-in
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Happy Birthday! Thank you so much for spending your weekend getaway with us. I'm honored to hear you found our hotel elegant and luxurious. It's precisely our goal to offer our guests a luxurious and memorable experience. Hope you get a chance to visit Chicago again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Hotel Staff was sketchy, went back on their word twice. Gave us different (significantly less) of a view, and wasted a lot of our time. Later on, another staff member was quick to throw insults as if we were being roasted on Comedy Central when my friend asked if breakfast was included. AMAZING gym -- unparalleled comfort and effective machines, astounding jacuzzi views of Chicago...

Room Tip: Room on the lakefront a must. They go back on their word very easily.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

I'm shocked to hear our staff gave you dishonest information and made insulting comments towards you. We pride ourselves on our warm and welcoming service, and don't want any of our guests to have your experience. When you get a chance, please call me at the number below. I want to speak with you directly about your experience and make things right. I also want to investigate what happened and address your experience directly with the staff.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 days during the first week of September.

Had a corner room on the 21st floor which was nice and large and clean.

Positive points are:

1. Good location. Though not close to the metro system.

2. Very large room, lots of space, in room safe, comfortable bed.

3. Good views.

4. Fast lifts.

5. In room checkout

6. Very helpful and friendly staff.

7. Abundant taxi rank.

8. Empty fridge to store your own goodies in.. My preferred method. There is a large CVS drug store around the corner and you can fill your fridge with sweets, snacks and drinks of your own choice.

Negative points are:

1. Water pressure is not strong enough for a decent shower or to fill the sink.

2. Late check out policy is terrible. Latest extension to free is 12:30. To 16:00 it is half room rate. After 16:00 full room rate. Not possible to negotiate and not flexible enough.

3. Decor is outdated and subtracts from the overall quality of the stay.

4. No covered smoking area outside.

Would stay again but next time will sample another one of the many hotels in Chicago.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe K

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your spacious and comfortable room and appreciated our central location. I'm sorry, though, that you thought our decor was outdated. We outfit all our rooms with new amenities and modern decor so that our guests enjoy a comfortable stay. In any case, I'll be sure to take your feedback to heart and see if the corner room on the 21st floor needs updating. I'll also make sure the water pressure is corrected. If you'd like to discuss your experience more directly with me, please call me at the number below.

Best,