“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our 22nd anniversary. We arrived really early and was able to check in. All of the staff was very friendly. We stayed in a room with a view of the Navy Pier,which was awsome! The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. We will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for celebrating your 22nd anniversary with us. I'm delighted to hear that from the view to our service, you enjoyed a wonderful stay with us.

Best wishes,
(312) 268-8255

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Really nice hotel. Big rooms, comfortable beds, Good location, short walk to Miracle mile. Cool lobby, similar vibe to the W hotel.

Only negative is $15-24/day for in-room wifi. It's 2013, you get free in-room wifi at hostels now. Should be a requirement for any 4-star, $300/night hotel.

Other than that, beautiful hotel, great service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi Kyle,

Thank you so much for recommending us on TripAdvisor. It's really nice to hear you found our hotel so comfortable and beautiful. For your next visit, please know that we offer free WiFi in our lobby. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Amsterdam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

For me, two advantages: the location and the rooms. US hotels tend to have a somewhat old fashioned interior and this hotel actually has contemporary rooms, which I feel more comfortable with. I have to say that I always ask for the same room as I know that this room is not so noisy. The beds are comfortable, there is a electrical outlet in the lamp next to the bed (small thing but in a lot of hotels I have to move furniture to get my mobile charged!).
Breakfast is very expensive. Choice is absolutely good and the staff is always punctual but for 30 dollars it is too much.
Internet....well, an ongoing discussion worldwide based on the fact that hotels in this digital era should not charge for wifi anymore. Travelers nowadays choose their hotel based on free wifi offer, one cannot do without it anymore just like a hotel room cannot be without a bathroom. The daily charge is high in this hitel but just sign up for their Swissotel loyalty program (free sign-up, takes 5 minutes on-line) and you will not be charged for the wifi in your room.
What I really miss is the provision of authentic hospitality. The staff is correct but I miss the welcoming feel. I come here about once every three months and I would expect that. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that it is a downtown, business hotel with a lot of guests, I don't know but this intangible asset is one of the most important elements for me.

All in all I would recommend this hotel. Why: because I get the room that I want, I wake up rested and with a beautiful view every morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your detailed review. I sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay with us whenever you're in Chicago. While I'm glad you appreciate our central location and modern decor, I'm sorry to hear that you feel like we're lacking hospitality. The last thing I want is for our guests to feel unwelcome. If you have any suggestions for us to change that, please don't hesitate to call me at the number below.

Best,
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and I love it. The staff is attentive and the rooms are nice. The views are awesome if you are in a room high enough. Check out the workout facility and the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up and pay a little more for the views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review. I love that you love our hotel! I'll be sure to let the rest of the team know you appreciate their attentive service. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Mazomanie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Pro's ... Spectacular view (we were on the 35th floor)
wonderful beds/bedding. Room was clean. The staff was very nice.

Con's ... no microwave, pricey for what you get, the food well, $7.00 for 1 pc. of toast. Extra cost for use of internet & pool. The elevator went really fast from the 'lobby to the 35th' floor & 'vice versa' - we had to stand still for a while to get our balance before walking.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. While I'm glad you enjoyed your picturesque view, I'm sorry you didn't appreciate some of our fees. We price certain amenities separately to keep our base rates low. Our guests only pay for services they actually use. Also, please know that we're unable to offer microwaves in our rooms for health and sanitation reasons.

Best,
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

If you use swimming to stay fit this Hotel has a wonderful lap pool. Service throughout my stay was excellent. Inhouse dining worked out well for a lazy dinner and movie. Location was ideal for the gl;amor of the Magnificent mile

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review, Nancy. I'm delighted to hear you experienced excellent service throughout your entire stay. That's the goal! Hope you get a chance to stay with us again soon!

Aguascalientes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Desde mi llegada a este hotel sentí la cordialidad y comodidad, las instalaciones del mismo son de lo mejor, la habitación que me fue asignada en el piso 31, tenía una maravillosa vista hacia el Navy Pier, y además muy confortable espacio para descansar, y la atención de todos y cada uno de quienes laboran es el lugar hacen que te sientan en casa.
La alberca localiza en el piso 42 tiene una impresionante vista, además del gimnasio con el que cuenta en ese mismo piso.
Los seis elevadores con los que cuenta el hotel, hacen que la espera sea mínima para poder llegar al piso en donde se localice la habitación designada.
Ubicado en una zona privilegiada de la ciudad de Chicago hacen que se puede recorrer a pie todas las atracciones que se pueden localizar en este ciudad, entre ellas la torre hancock o bien la cloud gate en el parque Millenium, cerca también de museos.
En mi próxima visita sin duda me hospedare en el mismo hotel.

Since coming to this hotel I felt the warmth and comfort, the same facilities are the best, the room I was assigned to the 31st floor, had a wonderful view of the Navy Pier, and also very comfortable place to rest, and the attention of each and every one of those working is the place make you feel at home.
The pool located on the 42nd floor has a breathtaking view, and the gym with that account on that same floor.
The six elevators are there in the hotel, make the wait is minimal floor to get to where they locate the designated room.
Located in a privileged area of ​​the city of Chicago can make to walk all the attractions you can find in this city, including hancock tower or the cloud gate in Millenium Park, also close to museums.
On my next visit I will definitely stay in the same hotel.

Room Tip: todas las habitaciones tiene una excelente vista por la forma triangular del hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple