“Great location with great views ” 5 of 5 stars

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #65 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
United States
“Great location with great views ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for my birthday. I booked through Hotwire so I wasn't sure where I was staying until after it was booked. I was pleased when I found out where is was. It is in an excellent location. It was within walking distances of most attractions, if not it was just a short can ride away. I have stayed in the city several times and this is my favorite place to date. I will return on my next adventure to the city.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Happy Birthday! Thanks so much for celebrating the occasion with us. I'm honored to know we're your favorite hotel in Chicago. Hope you get a chance to stay with us again soon!

All the best,
(312) 268-8255

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

They raised the cost for one of their standard rooms twice in the same conversation. Yes, they quoted me a price; I said yes; they then would not honor that price. This happened twice! Not an honest way to do business.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank surfjimbo
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
I'm sincerely sorry for the confusion regarding our room rates. It was absolutely not our intention to raise our prices unfairly. Do you mind letting me know what happened in more detail? I want to discuss your experience with the staff and make things right with you. Please call me whenever you get a chance.

Best,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We would definitely stay again if/when we return to Chicago.
We stayed at this particular hotel due to a deal we got through Porter airlines, and were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the hotel. When we checked in, we were upgraded to a lake-view room, from which we could see the river and the Navy Pier, too. The room was lovely, with a very good quality bed and mattress. Because what is the #1 reason we stay at a hotel? - to sleep!
And the location was perfect, just a block or 2 up from Michigan Avenue, on the south side of the river. It's close to restaurants, shopping, and tourist sights.
The only (slight) negative was that the free wifi was only in the lobby, and very slow.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you Carol! We want all our guests to be pleasantly surprised by our exceptional service and quality rooms. As you mentioned, it's so important for our guests to enjoy a restful night's sleep in our rooms.

Hope to see you back again soon!

Take care,
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was very impressed with the rooms and how quiet they were. Plus the views with wall to wall, floor to ceiling windows on multiple sides of the room! Bathroom was spacious and robe was comfy. Wish I could have stayed longer! Only complaint was they had non-dairy creamer in the room.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you! I'm thrilled to hear you were so impressed. Knowing that you wished you could've stayed longer is the best compliment. I hope you get a chance to visit Chicago again soon!

Take care,
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here for business, and would definitely return. The hotel is located on the Chicago River, so make sure to bring a jacket, because it gets windy! It's an easy walk to Michigan Avenue, or any of the downtown/loop restaurants/shops, but a cheap cab ride may be preferable in light of the wind/cold.

The hotel itself is very nice and luxurious. The lobby is spacious, and it's got a great lobby bar where people easily assemble at high tables or comfy oversized chairs.

My room was very spacious, modern, and clean, with big windows overlooking the river and Lake Michigan. The front desk staff were very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Smaim
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thanks for recommending us! I'm delighted to hear you thought our hotel was spacious, modern and luxurious. That's exactly the experience we want to offer to all our guests. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you visit Chicago!

All the best,
Paoli, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I would not hesitate to stay there again if business takes me to Chicago. The hotel is in a great downtown location right next to the river. My room was large, quiet, clean and cool (which was my choice). The bed was great and I had a nice workspace with fast in room WIFI. It also had an in room safe and a complementary umbrella which was nice since it rained really heavy on one of the days I was there for a conference.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I purchased our stay at the Swissotel on a deal site as a mystery hotel. I was nervous about it up until we pulled up to the beautiful tower that faces the Chicago River just steps away from Michigan Avenue. The moment we arrived we were treated like we were the most important guests there. This isn't always the case when you purchase your rooms on deal sites some hotels treat you differently. Swissotel was a beauty inside and out. We were able to check in at one in the afternoon which was great! Our luggage was taken straight from our car to our room. We were able to upgrade to a corner King (again something that a lot of hotels won't offer if you purchased the room via third party) and the views were spectacular! It was our first trip to Chicago and Swissotel went out of our way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The room service while pricey was amazing and prompt. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The concierge Angela was so helpful and friendly. The only complaint we had was the disappointing meal we had at one of the hotel restaurants. Steer clear of the Palm restaurant and you should be fine! This hotel was true luxury and we will most definitely be back!

Room Tip: Corner Kings offer most of the amenities that most suites would. The higher the floor the better the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple