“Great Location and Views of the City”
Review of Swissotel Chicago

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #64 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Customer service was super at this hotel, and we really enjoyed our room on the 25th floor looking out over the city and water. Very nice!! Michigan Ave is 2 blocks away, and it's an easy walk to attractions and trains. Walgreens is also nearby to get any forgotten items, water, etc.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsDrO2U
There are newer reviews for Swissotel Chicago

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked this hotel using a 'secret hotel' sale. It turned out to be a fantastic choice - the hotel is centrally located, right on the river (we were given a room with a view). Walking distance to many attractions including the 'hop on hop off' bus.
The staff are friendly, the rooms are large, 2 queen beds, the bathroom is roomy, everything is clean. Free internet in the lobby. They also have a great option for breakfast - nothing too fancy but all very fresh and delicious. Would definitely look at staying here again.

A nice touch is the water cooler's in the lobby. Each day they add a different flavour e.g. berry, cucumber, lemon

Room Tip: Have a jumper with you when sitting in the lobby/bar area. The air conditioning is way too cold.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us. I'm glad to hear you appreciated our central location and modern amenities. We pay attention to all the details so that our guests have a fantastic stay. The next time you're planning a trip to Chicago, be sure to keep us in mind!

Best,
Andreas Brandl, Director of Front Office
Swissôtel Chicago
(312) 268-8255

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Booked this hotel as a secret sale.. what a fantastic secret!! The hotel is beautiful, spotlessly clean and in a perfect location to enjoy downtown Chicago. We were blocks away from Millenium Park, and the Magnificaent Mile. And right next to the Chicago riverwalk! We arrived early hoping they would hold our luggage till check-in and instead they said they had a room open. We had the most beautiful view Lake Michigan and the Chicago River as well as Michigan Ave from our room!! After enjoying Chicago we soaked in the whirlpool in the awesome spa and pool fitness center. Comfy bed, spacious bathroom and very Quiet! In the morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast buffet with cooked to order breakfast and all the gourmet treats you could think of. I cannot say enough about our stay at this hotel. We truly enjoyed every minute.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I thought this was a fantastic hotel. It was more than I expected. I had a wonderful view of the lake and river. I was in walking distance to everything I needed. The hotel staff were friendly, and answered questions with efficiency. I was also impressed with the hotels Green initiatives. I've never understood why I need brand new towels every single day! If you are looking for a good hotel, close to everything, quite rooms, and efficient staff you do not have to look much farther than the Swissotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Swissotel
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've stayed here on a dozen different occasions. Staff is very friendly, rooms are clean and spacious, and the beds are very comfortable. Corner rooms have 2 walls of windows to check out the city. Lobby bar is open and inviting, a nice place to meet for a cocktail.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are well worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here over Labor Day weekend, 2013 for my bachelor party. Check-in was fast and easy. Girls at the counter were friendly! We had booked the rooms with an online pre-pay deal and got a great rate for the 4 nights. They offered to upgrade our $140/night rooms to something better, but they wanted like another $100/night to upgrade. no thanks....

The Hotel feels modern and clean. The elevator system was very fast and almost fun to use. The rooms were good sized and offered amazing views of the lake and city. We got to watch some shooting of Transformers 4 from our window which was fun in and of itself. The room service was thorough and friendly. Anything you needed was available. Concierge was awesome! Overall a great hotel that I would gladly stay at again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We came here for our wedding anniversary over Labor Day weekend. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the experience. If you're looking for a great view get a corner king. Very romantic. The room was big and the bathroom was gorgeous. I could get ready in the morning with my Keurig coffee and look out over the city from my bathroom!! They surprised us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival. The breakfast buffet was amazing! Bar drinks are pricey though. Check in was quick. Concierge was helpful and patient. Had a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2013
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you for celebrating your wedding anniversary with us. I'm delighted to know you were pleasantly surprised by your stay. I'll be sure to let the concierge and the rest of the team know you appreciated their exceptional service. It was a pleasure hosting you, and I look forward to your next trip to Chicago.

Best,