“Long weekend”

GreenLeadersGold level
Johnston
“Long weekend”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our experience with our first Swissotel stay was great. It is a beautiful hotel and the location on the Chicago River was perfect for walking to most of our destinations. We got a special on the room rate which made it practical to stay here. I was really disappointed to find that parking was $60 per day. That's a European touch I could do without!

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Jonathan,

Thank you for your review. I'm delighted to know your first experience with Swissôtel was enjoyable. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you visit Chicago!

(312) 268-8255

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dearborn
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The last few times I have visited Chicago for a weekend trip, I have stayed at the Swissotel in Chicago. The hotel is very nice and well maintained. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. They have even upgraded my room the last two times! I will definitely stay there on my next visit.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Nicholas, thank you for thinking of us whenever you're planning a trip to Chicago. I'll be sure to let the staff know you appreciate their friendly and helpful service. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were made welcome from the moment we stepped out of our taxi. We had arrived earlier than the check in time but the staff there put us in a room straight away. Our room was so more than what we expected. The view was gorgeous, we looked down onto the river and Lake, the room was extremely spacious and well furnished and very comfortable and clean. We had all that we needed. The room was expensive but the worth it. We will come back to this hotel should we revist Chicago! The room service is very expensive though and we had so much trouble with the payed movies it was very disappointing, they told us they had workers trying to fix it but two different nights both our brought movies failed before the ending, although they gladly reinburst the money on both of them.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view if you can afford it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm honored to know you had a wonderful experience from the moment you stepped out of your taxi. It was a pleasure hosting you, and I look forward to your next trip to Chicago.

Portland
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We upgraded our room to suite definability worth it. View was astounding. Concierge was outstanding. Great ideas thar perfectly met our needs
Housekeeping was inconsistent. Fitness center great. Pool area might work for kids but not worth a revisit

Houston
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a nice place to stay in a terrific central location. I was traveling on my own with kids and we had a lovely time. The front desk staff were wonderful, especially Erica who really went above and beyond to make sure we had a pleasant trip. The room was comfortable and I loved having a refrigerator. View of Lake Michigan from our window was also nice.

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you Ila! I'm glad to know you and your children enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be sure to let Erica know you appreciated her wonderful service. All of us try to go above and beyond to make sure our guests have everything they need.

Take care,
West Lafayette
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Swissotel. The room and bathroom were all clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. Most Chicago hotels in this area can be expensive, but I felt that this hotel was definitely worth the price. Our room also had a great view of Navy Pier. I will most likely stay here the next time I visit Chicago.

1 Thank Kristen J
Andreas B, Other at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you Kristen! Knowing that you would definitely stay with us again is the best compliment. I'll be sure to let the staff know you appreciated their friendly and helpful service. Hope you get a chance to visit Chicago again soon!

All the best,
Lexington
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We we re suppose to receive 2 free drinks, we did not, to use the pool was an extra 15.00 complimentary breakfast was 27.00 a person needless to say all wegot for the money I paid for that room was a view!! Nothing else

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank daydremebeleaver
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. Do you mind letting me know what happened in more detail? I want to make sure you're properly compensated for the drinks you were supposed to receive. Please call me whenever you get a chance.