Swissotel Chicago
$124
Doubletree.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$134
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$202
$89
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$139
$124
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $214/night.

$169
$101
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$143
$123
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $208/night.

Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$127
$107
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$132
$118
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

$228
$199
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $249/night.

$240
$161
Sofitel
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

4,900 results
All reviewspalm restaurantnavy pierthe rivercorner roommillennium parklobby barmichigan avenuebusiness tripfitness centerper daybeautiful hotelthe magnificent mileking bedvalet parkingthe loopmag milekeenan
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife, 7 year old and I spent two nights in a corner lifestyle suite in early December for what is becoming our annual Holiday trip to the Christkindlmarkt on Daley Plaza. We arrived around noon and our room wasn't ready so we dropped our bags with the bellman. All staff was very nice, helpful and attentive.

The room was nice-a corner suite with a sectional sleeper sofa for our daughter and a great view out two sides of the triangular building. Since the last time we stayed here someone has built a building right next door spoiling the views directly of the Lake-because of that I'd make sure to get a view out the north side if given the choice-there's nothing between the hotel and the river. The room was long rather than a big square, which gave some nice spacing to areas of the space. It was very big and comfortable. The bath/shower in the master bath was very big and easy to deal with. Only complaint would be the very modern, small & thin wastebaskets placed in spots in the room-theme appropriate but a little goofily small.

We ate at the breakfast buffet as part of the room rate and it was a very nice buffet-the room itself was nothing special in the basement, but the selections were varied and interesting-Sunday was Spanish day. They had smoked salmon, good cold cuts (a peppered salami and a couple other choices, not just average pepperoni or summer sausage) and selections of all your other basics, but all very good-thick bacon, big sausages, eggs, potatoes, vegetables, and also pastries, cereals, etc. One of the better breakfast buffets I've been to-not your average soggy scrambled eggs & hash browns.

We has one issue while there that was a minor situation but I liked how the staff handled it. As part of the room rate we received buffet vouchers that said "tip is included", but when I got the bill at breakfast I made sure to tip appropriately on the bill to my room (the gentleman was very helpful and attentive on Sat AM-Sun not as much because they were slammed and clearly understaffed). Later I called the front desk to mention that the tip was appearing on my room bill despite the voucher. The woman asked me to please bring the voucher to the front desk when leaving again as the vouchers are supposed to say "tip NOT included". When she saw mine she was baffled and copied it and said they'd take it off my bill. I appreciated the gesture but told her that I wanted to make sure the gentleman got the tip as he was very good to us so ultimately we were charged for it, but at my request-the important part to me was that they recognized the odd error and did not attempt to skate by, it only at my insistence did they leave the charge (and hopefully made sure the waiter got it!).

I'd definitely recommend the Swissotel.

Stayed: December 2012
Alp A, Front Office Manager at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back next year!

Regards,

Becky Hott
Assistant Front Office Manager
rebecca.hott@swissotel.com

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I've stayed here on several occasions and I loved each stay! I always have asked for a Lakeview room and have always been accommodated. Besides the view, the staff has always been great with an request. The location puts you within walking distance of the mile and still gives you the Lake and River views. The rooms are huge with wonderful windows & views. I would recommend The Swiss to anyone!

Room Tip: request a high room or suite with a lake or river view....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My Family reserved a junior suite at the Swissotel Chicago on 40th floor. We came to town to go to the Shedd Aquarium and wanted to stay in a high rise with great views of the city. Well we got what we paid for. These rooms are super clean and updated with an unbelievable view of the city at night. Make sure to get a room plus parking pakage when you make your reservation because otherwise it is 58 bucks to park! The hotel management was very accommodating and Brenard the Concierge was just super nice and gave a lot of great tips and places to eat including a pass that gave us 25 bucks off at the Wildfire restaurant downtown. My girls are 11 and 4 and they had a blast in that room. So worth my money and I would highly recommend the Swissotel to everyone!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite was a great room for the price make sure when you reserve you get a room + parking package otherwise it is 58 bucks to park!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

I stay here a lot for work. Its a great hotel. Good restaurants. Love the waffles.

I also stay just a little but down the street at another famous hotel. It is a little closer to everything else and a little cheaper. The third hotel near by is very nice too.

All in all you'll be happy with this place.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank DrDan1869

Dear DrDan1869,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back and having the opportunity to make your stay more enjoyable. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist to ensure your next visit to be more comfortable and enjoying.

Regards,

Becky Hott
Assistant Front Office Manager
rebecca.hott@swissotel.com

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We found this hotel very nice. We got a room on high floor (i don't remember which though, i think 23). It was always clean. Room service is excellent as well as the breakfast, but way too expensive. The location is perfect. 20 minutes walk from the city centre and just 5 minutes walk from the millenium park.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business