“Nice hotel for business - but expensive indeed”
Review of Swissotel Chicago

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #61 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We found this hotel very nice. We got a room on high floor (i don't remember which though, i think 23). It was always clean. Room service is excellent as well as the breakfast, but way too expensive. The location is perfect. 20 minutes walk from the city centre and just 5 minutes walk from the millenium park.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,515)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel is beautiful and the view of Navy Pier was great but by the end of my stay I felt like I was dealing with an airline! There was a daily fee for in-room internet, another daily fee for the gym, another fee for each outbound phone call and of course an upgrade fee for the partial view. On top of that, parking is $55/day.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. They did waive the fee for the gym when I commented on all the fees.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for a conference and had a nice room with a comfortable bed and a view of the city skyline. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The onsite place to eat was average, but there are lots of great places nearby. The Swiss does have a good bar. Everything was pricy, but in line with downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I spent last weekend at the Swissotel. It was wonderful. The reception staff that greeted us was phenomenal. The room had an incredible view and it was impecable. Another plus is the location of the hotel - close to everything. We did not eat at The Palm (too pricey) but ordered room service for breakfast and they were timely and everything was delicious. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel on business after I had been at the jw Marriott for the weekend. I told the registration gal I had a terrible room at the Marriott over the weekend and she gave me a terrific large room, great bed and bathroom with a view of Navy Pier. I was very happy. Service was very good until I noticed several substandard violations.

I came back to my room while the cleaning staff was there. The nice gal asked to see my room key which impressed me however when I entered the coffee pot, glasses and coffee mug were in the bathroom sink together with water running on them. clean glasses were not on the cart in the hall. No soap was visible either. Needless to say I did not have anything to drink in the room after that.

While I was in the meeting area the water glasses were being put in the tables from racks that had been preloaded with glasses, ice and water. The wait staff reached in the racks and pulled the glasses out one by one by the rim while extra ice trickled to the bottom of the remaining stack of racks with glasses.

This was so unusual I took videos of this procedure and send a letter to the manager of the hotel with the video. I discussed both issues in my coorespondance and while I received a response from the hotel I don't believe my complaints were taken seriously by the tone of the reply which is unfortunate.

If you stay at this hotel, don't drink the water.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank abby m
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a gorgeous hotel, great room, views, and cute doorbell. But it was more of a convention hotel. We were NOT comfy in public areas due to masses of nametag wearing loud maniacs. He breakfast buffet was awesome and fresh but 25$??? Very expense account-ish. The views are stunning and its by Eggys(yummy)

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The Swissotel in Chicago was a nice find. Plenty of good reviews on TA. Spent a 4 day weekend with my wife while visiting our son this past summer. The hotel has an excellent location and for a slight upgrade you can get a great room with a view of the river, the lake and the Navy Pier. The folks at the front desk were very nice and helpful with suggestions for any questions you may have. The hotel is very clean throughout and the rooms are comfortable ad well kept. Highly recommend this hotel and look forward to our next stay at the Swissotel in Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family