“The best view of the city”
Review of Swissotel Chicago

Swissotel Chicago
Ranked #64 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was a visitor at the Swissotel in September, 2012. It's the BEST hotel to stay at while you are in Chicago. The Conceirge is more than helpful, and the maid service is unbeatable!
The hotel is very convenient to Millenium Park and to Navy Pier/ walking distance and a beautiful walk as well.

Room Tip: Bring your bathing suit and enjoy the nice pool and jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SanFrancisco060
Alp A, Front Office Manager at Swissotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear SanFrancisco060,

It is our pleasure to read your kind compliments and entire team is happy to learn that you have enjoyed our facilities and services. Looking forward to your next visit!

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Swissotel Chicago

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Surprisingly poor service from hotel staff. Attitude and not great service. I wanted to watch a movie. Called 3 times. Never fixed in three days. They also don't have any curtains to keep sun out. Could be a nice hotel, if they cared a little.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Lancew1219,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I regret to understand that our decorative curtains may be misleading although all of our rooms have black out curtains behind the sheer curtains.

Please accept my apologies for the technical shortfall and I surely understand your concern regarding the shortfall during the resolution process. We are getting immediate corrective action to consistently perform up to our usual service standards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist further.

Kidn Regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last year on a whim and were astounded at the service, detail and especially the breakfast buffet! We are booking again for November 1st....cant't wait! They had wonderful smoked salmon and the largest blackberries I have ever seen!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roberta O
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Oh my goodness, I couldn't be happier with this property. The service, the view, oh my gosh the view, and the modern decor, and the chic and European feel really made the 3 day stay very special. The room had an amazing view of Navy Pier and the bonus was the fireworks show over the weekend.

I could spread out and just relax in my suite and the fresh feeling in the air was priceless. From start to finish-from the desk to the checkout, ev-er-y-thing was on point and surpassed my expectations.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room for the best view!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jessica S

Dear Jessica S,

It is a pleasure for our entire team to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind compliments become more special realizing that your experience was still memorable even after a long time. We are looking forward to exceed your expectations once again in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2012

our stay was just excellent, room and hotel amenities plus location was just superb. Away from the noise but close to everything else that we wanted to visit.
A found a great deal thru Hotels.com and booked it!
I will book again when going back to Chicago even if I do not find a deal.

Room Tip: I did not have a choice when booked the room and still had a great view on the other side of the riv...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We just stayed in a corner lifestyle suite with 2 teenagers and had the most incredible experience. The room had a view of the lake from 2 sides and a great view of the river..It is also my new favorite hotel in Chicago, although I love the Waldorf too...I highly recommend a stay here. Great location!

Room Tip: If you can spring for the lifestyle suite, it has 2 bathrooms!!! Great for families with kids. Ask f...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I went as a little getaway. I origionally only chose it for the swimming pool, but it was so much more. We had a beautiful view overlooking Navy Pier and had a great time! I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple